ESPN: Cowboys and Zeke Open to Reunion

Whyjerry

Reaction score
The Zeke reunion stuff has to be just more fake news Jerry is putting out there through his media minions to keep this lousy franchise in the headlines. Zeke is so obviously finished even Jerry isn’t that dumb.

ZekeTrain

Reaction score
If you sign him solely as a fullback, sure. Pass protection and short yardage runs only.

He has not been a HB in over 3 years.

That won't happen though. They will use him as a HB and he has nothing left in the tank for that.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
And doggins will miss a great portion of season at some point, which leans well be dollar tree hunting another off street vet band aid..with very JAG like impact.
Yeah, at this point, that's what we're stuck with: injured players or players who are coming off a mediocre season. Those types you only get for cheap and hope you do a good job of finding young talent so that you can cut them instead of having to play them. The only reason you sign them is because of the possibility of striking out in your attempt to find that young talent.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I like Zeke. And for that reason I would sign him. But I am under no illusions that he will help the team. If they give him a small contract I won't be moved either way.
Exactly I agree however,

but that's a bad way to look at it as far as him not helping the team in any way just just think if he got 6 to 700 yards as a running that rotation of maybe 3 and he gets the 8 touchdowns any blocks better than most of the backs that are on our team so if he could be utilized for a small veteran minimum but give you that kind of production that's exactly what Brandon cooks gave you from the receiver position and I know people didn't like zeke's last two years here but he was hurt and he was sharing the ball and he still was able to put close to 900 yards and 12 touchdowns which by the way a lot of these people here said those touchdowns would be easy for Pollard and it wasn't fair and yet here we are realizing that Pollard isn't good in short yardage he wasn't a great blocker and he couldn't score a lot of touchdowns... And he barely broke 1000 yards and he was healthy don't give me the he was hurt year before I don't know how many touchdowns he have but it wasn't a whole lot he made $10 million so we just went through a year in which we supposed to have a younger back with a whole lot less mileage on them be able to be a $10 million starter and he was a total fail so you get some of that same production in a limited capacity from zeke for a small contract...

All role players help the team even the ones on special teams with very little reps everybody has a specific role so you saying you can't help the team if he can give you what I just said above for a much smaller contract than he had when he left here and he's just part of a rotation he can go out on his last year as a Dallas cowboy and retire I don't see a big problem with it either but again it doesn't move the needle either but you need these kind of guys on your team...

blueblood70

Reaction score
If you sign him solely as a fullback, sure. Pass protection and short yardage runs only.

He has not been a HB in over 3 years.

That won't happen though. They will use him as a HB and he has nothing left in the tank for that.
This is really untrue although I agree he needs to be signed on a small contract and used in a rotational combination however saying he's not a halfback 2 years in a row he had got hit in the same knee and leg had issues in the second-half but before those he was averaging about 5 yards per carry and he was running very well and I finished the season between 8 and 900 yards and 11:50 touchdowns I would say that's a half back I don't know any fullbacks that are putting up numbers like that... Yeah when he's sharing the ball and he's in limited carries he's not gonna have the production of a starting blue chip 3 down back that he was at the beginning of his career in college but for sure he still a halfback he's just called the power back a power back could look like a full back at times but please don't act like this guy's not a running back I mean the backup running back position is second or third when you're sharing it with running back by committee is gonna have numbers similar to him but Tony Pollard sure didn't give you much more made $10 million with the lead back last year barely broke 1000 yards and didn't even get close to double digit touchdowns...

So you're saying the last three years he wasn't a half back and yet he put up numbers it's close to good as you're Tony Pollard half back from last year on one leg with 20 times the mileage and you go all the way back to college how many times zeke has carried the ball blue chip top of his game numbers and then give you 8 to 900 yards and 8:00 to 12:00 touchdowns it sure is 1/2 pack because Tony Pollard had how many yards being the top back getting most of the carries,

tell me how he was only a full back last year??

I'm not saying the guy's gonna be super productive or do anything special but those for sure were half back numbers very good actually I mean if there's 32 teams and 125 actual tailbacks or you might call him half ax I just call it a running back you show me how his two years with the Dallas Cowboys before he left what were his numbers the first eight games of the year and you'll find a back you don't remember at close to 5 yards per carry and was running the ball very well and got hit in the knee and yeah he's slowed down and he's not gonna be a primary back anymore... The fullbacks won't put those kind of numbers up...

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Saw this today and didn't see it posted yet. Yay or Nay? To me it would be a tough sell, but there's not a lot in the RB room right now and apparently its not a strong RB class.

Debate...

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...boys-rb-ezekiel-elliott-open-possible-reunion
Yes, for the right price. Considering it took Zeke until last August to sign with the Pats, he might have to either take what Dallas offers or retire.

He's been very durable despite his being used to pound the ball much of his career, the vet minimum for him would be about $1.2 million, just being available is worth something. Add to that Dallas having 2 o-line positions to fill, with very possibly second-tier players, protecting Dak will also be worth something....

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Yes, for the right price. Considering it took Zeke until last August to sign with the Pats, he might have to either take what Dallas offers or retire.

He's been very durable despite his being used to pound the ball much of his career, the vet minimum for him would be about $1.2 million, just being available is worth something. Add to that Dallas having 2 o-line positions to fill, with very possibly second-tier players, protecting Dak will also be worth something....
Maybe....

If we cut him after pre-season and bring him back on week 2 with the vet minimum contract. Then we can cut him at any time and not have to pay his full contract.

Actually would like to see Zeke, Hunter and Rico in a 40 yard race, if he can't beat those slow guys then I wouldn't even consider it.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Maybe....

If we cut him after pre-season and bring him back on week 2 with the vet minimum contract. Then we can cut him at any time and not have to pay his full contract.

Actually would like to see Zeke, Hunter and Rico in a 40 yard race, if he can't beat those slow guys then I wouldn't even consider it.
Zeke wouldn't be signed to run 40 yards, more for like 5-yard goal line runs and blocking for Dak.

DuncanIso

Reaction score

I think his deal will be 3-4 million.

He seems to have recovered from the PCL injury from late 2022.

Still has decent speed. But not a burner anymore. Very stout in pass D.

Good upgrade for RB2.

Phil413Cowboy

Reaction score
Saw this today and didn't see it posted yet. Yay or Nay? To me it would be a tough sell, but there's not a lot in the RB room right now and apparently its not a strong RB class.

Debate...

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...boys-rb-ezekiel-elliott-open-possible-reunion
I'm so done with this cheap team, now nack lookin at RB that gets those tough 1 or 2 yards...JJ just tryin to please some of the fans bc he knows Cowboys fans are not happy so far..smh thats why i stop watching games last year