News: ESPN: Dak not fretting on deal: 'I don't play for money'

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Always find it amazing year after year that fans don't really understand the business of the NFL. As fans we hate that guys get signed for a massive contract and don't get to a Super Bowl or win a playoff game but if any of us would have the opportunity to holdout out for a bigger paycheck and not get laid off or fired, we would all do it.

The price we are paying players is crazy but you know what else is crazy, the amount of money every owner makes each year by owning a team. Take the New York Jets on their 2022 revenue before expenses which includes amounts paid to players, it was 516 million dollars and profit was after players and all other expenses paid was $169 million. Guess what, Dallas Cowboys revenue during that same time was $1.4 BILLION with expenses roughly the same, and you want to complain what the players are asking for in salary. Really??

Sure there is a cap in place and they have to be in cap compliance but every team manages that cap differently as we have seen. But guess what, on the next NFL/NFLPA contract they could actually make all those cap problems go away depending on what the negotiations are.

The NFL is just big business where even the poorest of teams are making hundreds of millions of $$. For fans, it is about winning and winning a Super Bowl especially for the teams that have been there before, for others it is just about winning a division or a playoff game. For Dallas fans, nothing short of winning a Super Bowl is acceptable, not that it is wrong but it is just not reality.
Wrong, Dak has already been paid his lottery and failed at returning anything in return.
Dak has never earned the Big Payday, but he has already received it once, and now expects it again... lol
Can't make this stuff up.

visionary

Reaction score
Rare Dak Prescott mistake to the media. The guy typically says all the right things in front of the microphone, but this one may come back to haunt him. "I don't play for money" could be his version of "All in"
He says this knowing full well he and everyone in the Cowboys organization know that he will only play for max money

Im not a Lamar fan but at least he owned up to what he wanted

If you want to be a leader, be honest at least

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
All of those words... and the successful young man will still make more money in 1 Sunday this fall than you'll touch in your lifetime.

Oh, and he was still the MVP runner-up. Cry about it.
:lmao2:
Most of us are already convinced that you are Tad.

Nav22

Reaction score
Most of us are already convinced that you are Tad.
"Most of us"?

So you've gossipped about me to strangers on the internet?

And the young multi-millionaire is the loser, not you guys?
:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

stiletto

Reaction score
I mean let’s be honest when it comes to Dak he really can’t say the right thing lol. Whatever he says will be scrutinized….Romo went through it too.
It's kind of to be expected from most fans if you've had almost a decade to win something actual meaningful like a NFC Championship or SB and haven't been able to get close to getting it done. Same with Romo..they are one in the same guy to me. Both are really rich though.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It's kind of to be expected from most fans if you've had almost a decade to win something actual meaningful like a NFC Championship or SB and haven't been able to get close to getting it done. Same with Romo..they are one and the same guy to me. Both are really rich though.
I mean it’s not how I operate but I certainly get why it happens. Dak was scrutinized before she even entered the league. So yeah 8 years later? There’s nothing he can say. Even if he won a SB what on earth can he say in these pressers?