News: ESPN: Defamation suit against Cowboys' Jones tossed

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, Jerry did have to buy the team, hire Jimmy, give him authority and agree to what Jimmy wanted to do, so while Jimmy was the football guy that made great decisions that needed to be made, we cant pretend that Jerry didn't create the situation for it to happen
You're exactly right and I've agreed to these facts more than once in this thread. What is so hard to swallow is his unwavering attitude to do everything his way for the last 28 years. Yes, it's his right but it's my right as a fan since 1962 to complain about it.

I’m a diehard Cowboys fan, not a Jones family apologist.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
IM not talking about in this forum, im talking about the media. Have you EVER heard a media talking head mention how long it has been since the JETS last SB title? I havent. Ive also never heard them mention the fact the the Niners have gone longer with no title than the Cowboys have. Or the Browns, Jags,Chargers, Raiders.... and on and on and on. Because nobody cares about those teams. It is what it is.
I’m a diehard Cowboys fan, not a Jones family apologist. I remember fans wanting Tom Landry replaced. I remember fans saying the Cowboys wouldn't ever win their first SB. I go way back!

Reid1boys

Reaction score
You're exactly right and I've agreed to these facts more than once in this thread. What is so hard to swallow is his unwavering attitude to do everything his way for the last 28 years. Yes, it's his right but it's my right as a fan since 1962 to complain about it.

I’m a diehard Cowboys fan, not a Jones family apologist.
are you in the front offices on the daily? Doesnt Will McClay always get the credit for every single draft pick that is a good one? Doesnt that insinuate that Jones doesnt just do what he wants? Wasnt everyone saying Jerry wanted Manziel and he was going to draft him, yet we didnt? Again, doesnt that mean Jerry doesnt just do what he wants?

The fan that doesnt like Jerry will never get away from the narrative that Jerry is giving the coach the plays that he wants to see each week. I would bet my life that it wasnt Jerry that said Zeke needed to go.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I’m a diehard Cowboys fan, not a Jones family apologist. I remember fans wanting Tom Landry replaced. I remember fans saying the Cowboys wouldn't ever win their first SB. I go way back!
you think you are the only one that goes way back? Im not as old as dirt, but I watched the Cowboys beat Denver is SB XII.

JayFord

Reaction score
what did Jerry do?

pull his britches down exposing his bare cheeks in a gucci thong and start twerking?

Dallasfann

Reaction score
I wish so badly that some scandal would make the Jones family sell the team.

They are the worst thing to ever happen to the Dallas Cowboys

I made a comment telling this guy he needs to find god without ever mentioning god and the mods take my post down and not this guys who is openly saying he hopes Jerry's family does harm to someone so that they are removed from the NFL. This board is proof that this world is going to hell. Very very sad. Ban me.

lopey

Reaction score
Sure, but if Jones doesn't buy the team is Jimmy ever the coach? Jerry's done a lot for this franchise across many decades and though the team hasn't enjoyed recent deep playoff success it doesn't take away the many good things he's done over the years.
Jerry?

jrumann59

Reaction score
this case is going nowhere. The attorney for plaintiff tried to make it a good thing... Im very happy that this case is moving forward....bahahhahahahhahahhahahah
Most likely it is not but they still have another bite at the apple.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Jimmy was only coaching the Cowboys because of Jerry. No Jerry, no Jimmy, so SB titles.
As has been explained many times, Landry and Schramm were already courting Jimmy Johnson to come in as defensive coordinator and head coach soon after as Landry was soon going to retire.

The Cowboys would have hired Jimmy and drafted Aikman whether Jerry Jones was there or not.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
IM not talking about in this forum, im talking about the media. Have you EVER heard a media talking head mention how long it has been since the JETS last SB title? I havent. Ive also never heard them mention the fact the the Niners have gone longer with no title than the Cowboys have. Or the Browns, Jags,Chargers, Raiders.... and on and on and on. Because nobody cares about those teams. It is what it is.
Of course, realistically, a Cowboy fan watches a lot more Cowboy games and reads and listens to a lot more content about the Cowboys than the Jets. Plus that, a Cowboy fan is much more likely to pay attention to and remember what they see and hear about the Cowboys than the Jets.

I'm not saying that's just you or others. I'm the same. But I will say, the Jets longtime woes do seem to get a lot of attention.

But the other reality is the Cowboys are, and have always been, one of the most high profile teams in the NFL, and in fact, one of the most high profile sports franchises in the world. Of course they get discussed more. It goes with the territory.

Londonboy

Reaction score
Lots of Jerry defenders on here

Unfortunately I was here before Jerry bought the team and I remember what this franchise used to be about. Sorry none of y’all do
They were 3-13 and losing money hand over fist, sadly, His ego-mania was stoked by the early success and overrode his objectivity.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
As has been explained many times, Landry and Schramm were already courting Jimmy Johnson to come in as defensive coordinator and head coach soon after as Landry was soon going to retire.

The Cowboys would have hired Jimmy and drafted Aikman whether Jerry Jones was there or not.
sure they were... Ive never heard that Jimmy was coming to Dallas pre Jerry. You think Jimmy was leaving Miami to be Dallas D coordinator??? bahahahhahahhaha

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
How could it be worse?
Have you bothered to look around the league? Apparently not. Count up the number of teams that have won three Super Bowls the past 28 years and dominated a decade. There’s teams that haven’t even been to a Super Bowl over that period. It could be a lot worse than what the Cowboys are going through.

gtb1943

Reaction score
Have you bothered to look around the league? Apparently not. Count up the number of teams that have won three Super Bowls the past 28 years and dominated a decade. There’s teams that haven’t even been to a Super Bowl over that period. It could be a lot worse than what the Cowboys are going through.
There have been HOW many teams win the SB since we won our last?
Frankly your post is lawyer talk.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
There have been HOW many teams win the SB since we won our last?
Frankly your post is lawyer talk.
Would you rather have those teams history than ours? A team wins the Super Bowl every year, but how many teams have won three Super Bowls in four years? Yes, it’s been a while since the Cowboys won anything but I would rather be a fan of this team than a lot of other teams out there.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
yeah but look at SB appearances and conf champ games , and see who has been
to those games.
Dallas hasnt even made a appearance in those games in the 28 years.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
And Jimmy couldn't win in Miami without Jerrah.
that was a job jimmy only took for the $ and it was in florida.
It was near impossible, as he was stuck with a old marino, he didnt have
a herschel to trade to get a bunch of picks, and no tank year for high rd 1 picks..

he also said he had lost his passion for coaching and he shouldnt have taken the job.
He really just wanted to spend time with his family, and his mother had died, so
he retired to never coach again.