News: ESPN: Defamation suit against Cowboys' Jones tossed

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Things couldn't be worse. Not winning in 27 years is bad...very bad.
I don't judge this teams success or failure by other teams failures.
A lot of fans act like so many other teams have it better off than the Cowboys and they don’t. I’m not happy with how it’s gone the past 28 years, but yes, it could be worse. If you don’t agree, we’ll just leave it at that.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Whataboutism is merely a deflection tool you are using to excuse failure on the part of Jerry Jones.
I don’t make excuses for Jerry Jones, but I’ll take our history over a lot of other teams, despite the last 28 years.

Tractor1

Reaction score
Lots of Jerry defenders on here

Unfortunately I was here before Jerry bought the team and I remember what this franchise used to be about. Sorry none of y’all do
That's a crock. I was born the same year the team was and have been a life long fan. Landry and company had a great run in the late 60s and 70s, but had become a shell of the organization they once were by the mid 80s. In my opinion, Jerry's purchase of the team was the best thing that could've happened. That they're still relevant today is a Testament to the fact.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don’t make excuses for Jerry Jones, but I’ll take our history over a lot of other teams, despite the last 28 years.
But Amigo, we shouldn't have to choose. 1960 to 1996 is 36 years with 8 SB visits and 5 victories. The last 27 years (thus far) have been truly miserable on the playoff front.

Last edited:

conner01

Reaction score
CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

eXMuZ2lm.gif
For his legal team lol

conner01

Reaction score
That's a crock. I was born the same year the team was and have been a life long fan. Landry and company had a great run in the late 60s and 70s, but had become a shell of the organization they once were by the mid 80s. In my opinion, Jerry's purchase of the team was the best thing that could've happened. That they're still relevant today is a Testament to the fact.
And Jerry has more Super Bowl win so there’s that lol I’m not a fan of Jerry’s ego which I think is his biggest issue but there are a lot worse owners out there

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
But Amigo, we shouldn't have to choose. 1960 to 1996 is 36 years with 8 SB visits and 5 victories. The last 27 years (thus far) have been truly miserable on the playoff front.
The playoff front has been miserable because Jerry refuses to change how he manages the team. When you listen to interviews, he repeats the same things year after year after year. He continues to coddle his players and spew phony optimism. He continues to want to do things his way. Hard to change a guy who’s been a creature of habit for the past 28 years and gets richer every year, despite his teams lack of postseason success.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The playoff front has been miserable because Jerry refuses to change how he manages the team. When you listen to interviews, he repeats the same things year after year after year. He continues to coddle his players and spew phony optimism. He continues to want to do things his way. Hard to change a guy who’s been a creature of habit for the past 28 years and gets richer every year, despite his teams lack of postseason success.
Perfectly said.

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
I wish so badly that some scandal would make the Jones family sell the team.

They are the worst thing to ever happen to the Dallas Cowboys
That scandal will probably require for the cowboys to give up 2 decades worth of 1st and 2nd rounders.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
There’s nothing worse than never winning a Super Bowl. :thumbup:The Lions and Browns have never even been to a Super Bowl. Try wrapping your head around that for a second. I’ll keep repeating it, things could be worse for the Cowboys.
But we are special... we arent supposed to have these kinds of droughts.... thats only for the small folk.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
why do people fail to recognize the RULE CHANGE that was put in place to work like crazy to ensure teams DONT have that kind of success over 36 years. The teams that can buck that trend are the ones with generational type QBs. Thats why the Pats were so good.... and now suck. The colts were good and now suck. The steelers were good and now suck. The Packers were good and now suck. The saints were good and now suck. The Bucs sucked, got good and immediately went back to sucking. Its not that any of those teams had some great coach or special GM and they did things the "Right way." It was that they got lucky in the QB lottery. The chiefs were nobody and struck gold... now they are somehow th model organization....lol yea, sure.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
why do people fail to recognize the RULE CHANGE that was put in place to work like crazy to ensure teams DONT have that kind of success over 36 years. The teams that can buck that trend are the ones with generational type QBs. Thats why the Pats were so good.... and now suck. The colts were good and now suck. The steelers were good and now suck. The Packers were good and now suck. The saints were good and now suck. The Bucs sucked, got good and immediately went back to sucking. Its not that any of those teams had some great coach or special GM and they did things the "Right way." It was that they got lucky in the QB lottery. The chiefs were nobody and struck gold... now they are somehow th model organization....lol yea, sure.
I'm not sure if you're defending the organization because their QB1 isn’t good enough or passively knocking the organization for not having a better QB. If you're saying they won't get to or win a SB until they draft a generational QB, why aren't they trying every draft? Generational QB's aren't always high picks, just look at Brady or Rodgers.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I'm not sure if you're defending the organization because their QB1 isn’t good enough or passively knocking the organization for not having a better QB. If you're saying they won't get to or win a SB until they draft a generational QB, why aren't they trying every draft? Generational QB's aren't always high picks, just look at Brady or Rodgers.
Correct... but you arent drafting a 3,4,5th round qb and giving them any significant playing time until your starter goes down. Dak IS good enough to win a SB... a one off type thing, maybe strike gold like Eli and get 2. But in the season Eli didnt hit lightning in a bottle, the Giants sucked. We are rarely in a position to draft for the "sure thing," QB out of college... so we arent getting a Payton Manning any time soon. That means you have to absolutely 100% LUCK OUT and draft a QB and pray it works out. Are you willing to draft a qb with the 20th pick and miss out on drafting a Micah Parsons or Zack Martin to draft a qb that is going to be your backup until an injury happens?

Getting that qb is damn hard... and quite frankly is all luck. If it werent so hard, it wouldnt have taken the dolphins 30 years to replace Marino.

Im not really blasting the Cowboys.... I just see that the salary cap works really well. It keeps teams moving up and down the ladder of success from year to year.... unless you have one of those top QBs. Then you are somewhat in the hunt each year. The Giants are a perfect example. Won a playoff game last year... this year, one of the worst teams in the league. By the way... the Giants are really the same team as last year. Only last year they were lucking out and winning VERY CLOSE games. This year, they are losing those same games.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Correct... but you arent drafting a 3,4,5th round qb and giving them any significant playing time until your starter goes down. Dak IS good enough to win a SB... a one off type thing, maybe strike gold like Eli and get 2. But in the season Eli didnt hit lightning in a bottle, the Giants sucked. We are rarely in a position to draft for the "sure thing," QB out of college... so we arent getting a Payton Manning any time soon. That means you have to absolutely 100% LUCK OUT and draft a QB and pray it works out. Are you willing to draft a qb with the 20th pick and miss out on drafting a Micah Parsons or Zack Martin to draft a qb that is going to be your backup until an injury happens?

Getting that qb is damn hard... and quite frankly is all luck. If it werent so hard, it wouldnt have taken the dolphins 30 years to replace Marino.

Im not really blasting the Cowboys.... I just see that the salary cap works really well. It keeps teams moving up and down the ladder of success from year to year.... unless you have one of those top QBs. Then you are somewhat in the hunt each year. The Giants are a perfect example. Won a playoff game last year... this year, one of the worst teams in the league. By the way... the Giants are really the same team as last year. Only last year they were lucking out and winning VERY CLOSE games. This year, they are losing those same games.
I guess where we disagree is I think the FO could have helped the team before the trade deadline. That's all I'm saying.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
A lot of fans act like so many other teams have it better off than the Cowboys and they don’t. I’m not happy with how it’s gone the past 28 years, but yes, it could be worse. If you don’t agree, we’ll just leave it at that.
There are only 4 other teams in the hall of shame with Dallas right now, and two of them look like they have a good chance to get out of it leaving just Dallas and two other teams.

27 other teams have had it better in the 2000s than Dallas.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
I can't hear you over the sound of the Patriots.

Stop trying to create cope and excuses for failure and demand excellence. if other franchises stink then that is their problem and for their fans to make the noise to hold ownership accountable.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
There are only 4 other teams in the hall of shame with Dallas right now, and two of them look like they have a good chance to get out of it leaving just Dallas and two other teams.

27 other teams have had it better in the 2000s than Dallas.
No one is arguing that the current state of the team is great. We’ve had some good regular seasons, but we continue to fall short in postseason.

plasticman

Reaction score
How sad.

The cat is out of the bag, Jerry's wife knows about it, why not admit paternity? She is his daughter. She sees how her half siblings ae being handed opportunities of a lifetime and her father won't even claim her?

This is nothing but sad and speaks to the character of Jerry Jones.

And by the way, all Jerry Jones has ever done right was give full control of football decisions to Jimmy Johnson while he was the head coach.

Otherwise, Jerry Jones is the worse thing to happen to the Dallas Cowboys and their fans.