News: ESPN: Defamation suit against Cowboys' Jones tossed

CCBoy

Reaction score
You had a like coming until that last sentence. True, it could be worse, like Cleveland. But the goal ain’t to be the cream of the crap.

I’m not of the mindset that anything less than a Super Bowl is a failed season, but I don’t see how any fan can be satisfied with the results of the last 28 years. I am convinced that I’ve witnessed the last time the Cowboys will be in a Super Bowl. My solace is that, if that does cone fruition, I will have gotten to experience 8 of them. That’s something many fans can’t say.

And there’s also comfort that, if they don’t play in another Super Bowl, Jerry will likely leave this earth without the one thing he craves - credit for Jimmy’s Super Bowls. And that will be for perpetuity.
Just to get your comparison straight...you are comparing Cleveland to Pee Wee Herman, right?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The insinuation was Jerry won them. That is the load of crap.
Everyone knows it was both of them. More so Jimmy, yes, but Jerry was right there as well.
Not sue what insinuation you are referring to.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Everyone knows it was both of them. More so Jimmy, yes, but Jerry was right there as well.

When a poster states Jerry Jones won three SB's, that's pretty much insinuating he did it alone. Not really sure why you are harping on this and me, how many has Jerry won on his own? Why don't we just agree to disagree on this issue?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When a poster states Jerry Jones won three SB's, that's pretty much insinuating he did it alone. Not really sure why you are harping on this and me, how many has Jerry won on his own? Why don't we just agree to disagree on this issue?
Not harping on you, I only stated it was not all Jimmy like you posted.

And if someone posted Jerry won 3 SB's, it is all how someone else takes it. You took it as it it was meant it was all Jerry, I would take it a different way. As we all know it was also Jimmy.
As I said, mostly Jimmy.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
And Jimmy couldn't win in Miami without Jerrah.
He didn't have the control he had in Dallas. He wanted to get rid of Marino and was vetoed.

Granted he was also out of the NCAA for a lot longer then and didn't have the contacts which brought him great draft success in the early 90's.

ArtClink

Reaction score
I’ve never heard that. According to Jerry he always had the final say on personnel decisions. He said he had to sign off on every move Jimmy wanted to make. Maybe you could find the print or video?
Read Jimmys book.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Read Jimmys book.
I’m just telling you what Jerry has said. According to him no moves were made unless he signed off on them. Jerry wasn’t about to allow Jimmy to have more power than him.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
jerry sniffing those jocks for std's is what helped us win 3. Good job Jerry. Oh yeah, folding socks. shrugs

CCBoy

Reaction score
BS. Jimmy knew the fuhrer well enough that he had in his contract 100% final say on ALL football matters. In short, Jimmy had the power to hire and fire, something that has never been restored to any “head coach” (ie, toothless lion).

Jerry gets credit for hiring Jimmy and signing checks period.

Jimmy built a dynasty that was so incredible that Jimmy’s team won a third Super Bowl with him as hc.

Then there’s the past 28 seasons. Let’s be clear, the fuhrer deserves 100% of the credit that we have only won 4 measly wild card games in almost three decades.

How bout them Rangers!!
All reality right, until it has to be proven. Show us all a source of any legal document giving him GM ability under Jerry's team controlling, both owner and GM.

Provide the proof for your own contradiction presented other than heresay.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I’ve never heard that. According to Jerry he always had the final say on personnel decisions. He said he had to sign off on every move Jimmy wanted to make. Maybe you could find the print or video?
If it were true, why did Jimmy push getting fired? Make believe Emmy Awards?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
If it were true, why did Jimmy push getting fired? Make believe Emmy Awards?
According to Jerry, Jimmy wanted more control. There were rumors that he even wanted a piece of the team.

CCBoy

Reaction score
According to Jerry, Jimmy wanted more control. There were rumors that he even wanted a piece of the team.
I heard the same thing as well as Jerry probably told him to get real as ownership standards weren't changing. Jimmy, wanting more rewards instead, deserted his own team the week prior to the Super Bowl game went team hunting for just that role. He never was awarded as much power afterwards, that Jerry worked hard to provide for concerning Jimmy. Jimmy was a self glory motivated person then.

CCBoy

Reaction score
jerry sniffing those jocks for std's is what helped us win 3. Good job Jerry. Oh yeah, folding socks. shrugs
Crap, Jerry could buy new socks each and every game...much less hire others to even handle the washing. With the medical staff on payroll, community disease was no problem!

ArtClink

Reaction score
All reality right, until it has to be proven. Show us all a source of any legal document giving him GM ability under Jerry's team controlling, both owner and GM.

Provide the proof for your own contradiction presented other than heresay.
Source:
Read Jimmy's book. It’s in his book and he definitely talks about the details of his contract.

Now you can choose to believe whatever you want but the facts are in his book. Don’t shoot the messenger.

ArtClink

Reaction score
I’m just telling you what Jerry has said. According to him no moves were made unless he signed off on them. Jerry wasn’t about to allow Jimmy to have more power than him.
Ah, I get it now. Yeah, the fuhrer is quite the revisionist Cowboys historian lol!

CCBoy

Reaction score
Source:
Read Jimmy's book. It’s in his book and he definitely talks about the details of his contract.

Now you can choose to believe whatever you want but the facts are in his book. Don’t shoot the messenger.
Hillbilly song: 'Knock her down again Pa, knock her down again...'

Hillbilly ballad: 'There's a hole in the bucket, Dear Elissa, Dear Elissa...'

Still heresay and not accepted as truth even if another with Hillbilly experience steps up and adds an amen!

In a discussion one still has to present valid facts, coroborated in print, not just another heresay agreement, even when a whole room of supporters say Amen as well!