News: ESPN: Defamation suit against Cowboys' Jones tossed

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No one is arguing that the current state of the team is great. We’ve had some good regular seasons, but we continue to fall short in postseason.
Directly attributable to poor planning by the FO. The successful teams are constantly in flux, adding and subtracting throughout the season. This FO doesn't really do that much and certainly didn't do it before the trade deadline this year when it should have added some beef.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Directly attributable to poor planning by the FO. The successful teams are constantly in flux, adding and subtracting throughout the season. This FO doesn't really do that much and certainly didn't do it before the trade deadline this year when it should have added some beef.
Not being big players in free agency isn’t helping us. We look for mid to low tier bargains. Our draft hasn’t provided much of anything this season. Our best draft pick ended up getting injured in training camp.

rags747

Reaction score
Lots of Jerry defenders on here

Unfortunately I was here before Jerry bought the team and I remember what this franchise used to be about. Sorry none of y’all do
Hollywood Henderson says Hello!

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was here too. The franchise had become very stale - we were committed to a legendary coach who oversaw three straight loosing seasons. Jerry came in and righted the ship.
Sorry for the very late reply on this. I do want to remind you that yes, the franchise had become stale and fans were calling for the legendary coach's head. What happened? The ownership realized it needed to sell the team to a new owner. If only the Jones family would be so insightful.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I can't hear you over the sound of the Patriots.

Stop trying to create cope and excuses for failure and demand excellence. if other franchises stink then that is their problem and for their fans to make the noise to hold ownership accountable.
im sorry you cant differentiate between fact and excuses.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

eXMuZ2lm.gif
:lmao::flagwave:

Dallasfann

Reaction score
Uh my post doesn’t mention Jerry or the jones doing any harm to anyone. Just praying for a scandal that forces them to sell

28 years and haven’t even made a NFC championship game. Right on par with Washington and Detroit. Every other team in the NFC has at least made it that far.

Also, I will never believe Jerry had a single thing to do with Dallas winning when Jimmy was here. Jerry was too busy getting the cowboys out of debt. The on field product was all jimmy

Please explain to the people who have lives that don't wish harm on an 80 year old man over the kids game team he owns, how a scandal that would force him to sell, wouldn't harm a single person.

BigD5

Reaction score
Please explain to the people who have lives that don't wish harm on an 80 year old man over the kids game team he owns, how a scandal that would force him to sell, wouldn't harm a single person.
You can be cancelled these days for any number of things that don’t actually cause any harm to people

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Sorry for the very late reply on this. I do want to remind you that yes, the franchise had become stale and fans were calling for the legendary coach's head. What happened? The ownership realized it needed to sell the team to a new owner. If only the Jones family would be so insightful.
He got your three Superbowls -- many teams have far fewer in more time.

ArtClink

Reaction score
Jerry hired Jimmy and had to sign off on every move Jimmy made. He deserves at least some credit for those teams. He hired the right man for the job and allowed him to make the moves necessary to build a great team that dominated the 90s. Some fans act like the organization has been crap ever since Jerry bought the team. I get that fans are frustrated at what’s been going on the past 28 years, but for some to say the Cowboys would’ve been a lot better off had someone else purchased the team is ridiculous. I had one fan tell me that he would give up the Cowboys three Super Bowl wins in the 90s just to have someone else running the team. :rolleyes: We’re all frustrated, but some are just blowing stupidity out of their butts. Just look around the league at what a few other teams are going through. What’s going on with the Cowboys isn’t nearly as bad as what it could be.
BS. Jimmy knew the fuhrer well enough that he had in his contract 100% final say on ALL football matters. In short, Jimmy had the power to hire and fire, something that has never been restored to any “head coach” (ie, toothless lion).

Jerry gets credit for hiring Jimmy and signing checks period.

Jimmy built a dynasty that was so incredible that Jimmy’s team won a third Super Bowl with him as hc.

Then there’s the past 28 seasons. Let’s be clear, the fuhrer deserves 100% of the credit that we have only won 4 measly wild card games in almost three decades.

How bout them Rangers!!

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
BS. Jimmy knew the fuhrer well enough that he had in his contract 100% final say on ALL football matters. In short, Jimmy had the power to hire and fire, something that has never been restored to any “head coach” (ie, toothless lion).

Jerry gets credit for hiring Jimmy and signing checks period.

Jimmy built a dynasty that was so incredible that Jimmy’s team won a third Super Bowl with him as hc.

Then there’s the past 28 seasons. Let’s be clear, the fuhrer deserves 100% of the credit that we have only won 4 measly wild card games in almost three decades.

How bout them Rangers!!
Jimmy never had the final say on personnel decisions, especially trades. Jerry always had the final say. Jerry handled the business side and part of the business side is being able to sign players, and he had to sign off on any trades or player acquisitions. Jimmy was the Cowboys “unofficial “GM during those years, so there was never a contract giving him full authority to make whatever moves he wanted without Jerry’s consent. I remember in an interview Jimmy said there was a trade that he wanted to make but Jerry wasn’t on board.

ArtClink

Reaction score
Jimmy never had the final say on personnel decisions, especially trades. Jerry always had the final say. Jerry handled the business side and part of the business side is being able to sign players, and he had to sign off on any trades or player acquisitions. Jimmy was the Cowboys “unofficial “GM during those years, so there was never a contract giving him the full authority and final say to make whatever moves he wanted without Jerry’s consent. I remember in an interview Jimmy said there was a trade that he wanted to make but Jerry wasn’t on board.
Jimmy said in print and on video that he had complete and final say on all football matters. But we’re splitting hairs. Jerry the football guy has built a franchise that can’t get past the wild card round w 28 years to try. :)

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Jimmy said in print and on video that he had complete and final say on all football matters. But we’re splitting hairs. Jerry the football guy has built a franchise that can’t get past the wild card round w 28 years to try. :)
I’ve never heard that. According to Jerry he always had the final say on personnel decisions. He said he had to sign off on every move Jimmy wanted to make. Maybe you could find the print or video?

Dallasfann

Reaction score
You can be cancelled these days for any number of things that don’t actually cause any harm to people

Name one that the NFL would kick Jerry out of the league for that harms nobody.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I wish so badly that some scandal would make the Jones family sell the team.

They are the worst thing to ever happen to the Dallas Cowboys
Booooo, one doesn't wish misfortune upon criminals!

CCBoy

Reaction score
Your assessment that Jerry deserves credit for buying the team and thus is partially responsible for winning the 90's SBs is 100% accurate. It's his moves after the 90's that has many of us so disappointed. 28 years is a long time for an old fan.
Oh, I'd say the owner survived stern survivor demands and won through his formative years quite well. Aside from winning those Lombardis (3) they have run a similar race as has Buffalo over the same time. You complaining about the same thing against them as well...no, your whipping boy is purely Jerry. That stinks...

:popcorn: