Video: ESPN GET UP - Rex Ryan: Don't you dare blame Dak! GB ran circles around DQ! Put on a clinic!

tomokawan

Reaction score
Not a Pats fan, don't know. However, that's missing the point.

The D's best friend is a QB who moves the ball consistently and doesn't turn it over.
The d's best friend is to make a freaking stop once in a while!!!

tomokawan

Reaction score
Game was only 14-0 before Stats started throwing ducks to GB.
Only 14 nothing?? 14-0 in playoffs is big. The defense gave up 7. Offense had to score, but did not, defense back on field can't stop Green bay down 14 zip thanks to no defense. Pressure put on whole team now. Lost game right there.

lostar2009

Reaction score
Not a Pats fan, don't know. However, that's missing the point.

The D's best friend is a QB who moves the ball consistently and doesn't turn it over.
Understood, but hardly any offense can survive if the D does not make a single stop. Your asking ur QB and OC to play perfect. Then get frustrated when the offense can't score 48 points.

I'm like dang, if the D mange 3 stops. Just 3 stops the whole game changes.

blueblood70

Reaction score
You are sooo on point with everything. Preach on!!!
Man it was simply a rant man I'm upset like everyone else it's emotional kick in the nuts... Yes we're all upset we're all emotional and we're all venting so that was just my rant but you know the whole team laid an egg that's why we're talking about maybe the coaching staff needs to go right or wrong whether it was all them or not that's the easiest thing to do you can't purge a roster I mean you could only get some rid of so many players with a salary cap and a roster limit...

blueblood70

Reaction score
Only 14 nothing?? 14-0 in playoffs is big. The defense gave up 7. Offense had to score, but did not, defense back on field can't stop Green bay down 14 zip thanks to no defense. Pressure put on whole team now. Lost game right there.
Exactly also people don't understand that when the offense sees that they start pressing when they know this gonna be a long day and they might need 40 to win everyone gets tight they start pressing they start trying to do too much and it just collapses I mean it all goes S really quick in this game... I think people just forget like the Seattle win if Prescott didn't step up in that game we lose that game the same way I mean this defense has done this all year in some of the bigger games I mean look at the games they gave up like 28 and 46 and you know they couldn't stop cook in Buffalo I mean this defense has been the bigger problem yes it was a team loss yes the offense made mistakes but it didn't matter because no matter what the offense did the defense was just gonna give it right back we saw it in the Arizona game and we saw it in the other games where even if the offense finally caught fire they would never catch up because on the very next drive the defense would give up an easy 7 I don't know maybe they were sponsored by 7 up last night but they were giving up sevens like it was free 7UP night..... This it literally literally look like Green Bay was playing 11 on 7....

Kumbaya

Reaction score
here's the problem, you ignored how we got to being down 27-0.

Defense gave up early TD--no question there. Offense goes off the field with a short and ineffective drive, and faced with the prospect of going down two scores early, our defense makes stop.
Then Dak proceeds to throw a pick inside our 20 which leads to an immediate TD for GB that puts us down 14. At which point we put together a 39 yard drive ending in a punt. And our defense pretty much broke at that point. Another Packer TD, 21-0, followed by a giftwrapped Pick 6 to make it a 4 score game. Then loses an opportunity for 3 points by taking a crazy sack putting us out of FG range instead of throwing it away.

And we finally got to 27-7 only because GB dropped another giftwrapped pick at the goal line.

Make no mistake, I'm not saying our defense played great. They didn't.
But early on they did enough to keep us in distance, if only our "franchise, MVP candidate QB" who's about to reset the QB pay scale could do his job.
And once again, he couldn't. In fact, not only did he *not* get us in scoring position, he actually directly handed GB 14 points.
You make good points but here is my response to that….
1. I did say the pic6 was on him….so there’s that
2. Im not sure the 1st pick was necessarily a bad throw. It was 3rd and 5 with the ball around the 13 yard line. Obviously he was looking for a quick strike for 6 yards to Cooks. It appeared to me the Packer guy just outfought Cooks and may have even knocked his body out of the way so the guy could intercept it. I’m not convinced Dak should be reviled for that.
3. I agree, 27-0 was not good, but then Dallas scored the next 10 and every Cowboys fan was hoping and praying for the D led by Parsons and Lawrence to rise up and make some plays to get the ball back. Nope….in only 5 plays the Pack go all the way down the field again to score another TD….34-10….So here we are, early 3rd quarter and the D has ready given up 20 points plus a TD on the 20 yard drive after the first pic. I’m sorry amigo, but I’m pointing my finger at my defense.

4. And then after that Pack TD, Dak leads them again down the field to score a TD to make it 34-16. It’s still 3rd quarter…again, I’m sure every Cowboys fan is screaming….”PLEASE DEFENSE, MAKE A STOP…PLEASE” And again, this time…only 3 plays, Packers TD.…..41-16. That pretty much crushed any talk of a 4th quarter comeback.

So let’s recap….what good has the defense been this game? Right from the opening kickoff, and this is huge to come into their stadium with their fans all worked up in a frenzy, to march down the field with an 8 minute drive and score a TD. That my friend was huge. That right there should have let you know…don’t count on Paraons, Lawrence, Gilmore to do anything for you today. Let’s hope our offense can score 40 or more points for us to win. And out of the 48 points they scored, and it could have been more if they were more determined in the 4th, they gave up 48-7=41. You probably want to hold the defense blameless for the 20 yard drive after the interception, but listen to your argument….”you‘re asking my poor defense to rise up and keep them from scoring a TD when they only have 20 yards to go?” Well, how about at least holding them to a FG? Can you do that? Nope! We haven’t stopped anyone all day…why now? Good point….so, In my opinion, the blame first and foremost has to go on every player who played on that defense. it’s true, the offense only scored 7 points in the first half, but your defense did not to keep it close. Leave out the pic6 and let’s say you hold them to a FG after the first interception, the score at halftime then would have been 17-7 at the half. In other words, the defense let in 17 points in the 1st half.

Dallas offense easily could have overcome that deficit and in fact, they did by scoring 32, even though the last one you might consider garbage. It was only garbage because your defense was garbage letting them score 21 more points in the 2nd half. So your defense let in 38 points and you want to make Dak the villain….look no further than those 11 men dressed up as defensive players. Heck, my woeful Giants held them to 22 points on a recent Monday Night game.

SwagSurfer

Reaction score
Yea Rex Ryan is stupid. Green Bay did not have guys running wide open all game and Aaron Jones was an afterthought!

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
Both Dak and the defense sucked. The issue is if you pay your QB like what Dak is going to get then you MUST not suck.

tomokawan

Reaction score
Exactly also people don't understand that when the offense sees that they start pressing when they know this gonna be a long day and they might need 40 to win everyone gets tight they start pressing they start trying to do too much and it just collapses I mean it all goes S really quick in this game... I think people just forget like the Seattle win if Prescott didn't step up in that game we lose that game the same way I mean this defense has done this all year in some of the bigger games I mean look at the games they gave up like 28 and 46 and you know they couldn't stop cook in Buffalo I mean this defense has been the bigger problem yes it was a team loss yes the offense made mistakes but it didn't matter because no matter what the offense did the defense was just gonna give it right back we saw it in the Arizona game and we saw it in the other games where even if the offense finally caught fire they would never catch up because on the very next drive the defense would give up an easy 7 I don't know maybe they were sponsored by 7 up last night but they were giving up sevens like it was free 7UP night..... This it literally literally look like Green Bay was playing 11 on 7....
I have seen this all year. Dallas takes the lead, next drive, defense gives up a touchdown or give up points, rarely
a three and out for the other team. And if the other team gets the ball first, rarely ever get a three and out. Usually, your playing from behind because they gave up 7 or 3 points. Defense always starts and end the games poorly. This defense stunk against SF, Miami at the end, Philly, Arizona, Seattle, Green Bay, and Buffalo. At least 7 games, they were not good, but awful. In the playoffs, you cannot let a team get off to a good start. You have to set the tone on defense. They set the tone alright. Put the offense behind and all the pressure is on them to score. Even great teams don't always score the first time they have the ball. Second half, offense gets 3 27-10. What happened next? 35-7 momentum gone. Game over. No stops at all. All the pressure was on the offense from the start of the game. Thanks for nothing defense.

SpaceCowboy99

Reaction score
Best game analysis of national sports morning shows. Rex Ryan gives Dak a break, but Dan Orlovsky goes hard on him. All 3 though agree that DQ was schooled by GB. Green Bay set up a clinic on how to deal with Dallas defense. Recommend you watch video to see the gameplay they break down. Can't bulletin point it.

Rex Ryan
  • This defense stunk! I don't know why they got outcoached but point to defense period!
    • They struggle with teams that run the ball.
    • 9 1/2 yards on 1st down the Cowboys gave up! That's incredible!
    • Why are you playing 6 DBs for 48/54 snaps against the run??? You don't do that when you're getting your brain kicked in.
  • Dak Prescott is the future of the team. Played MVP all year and talking about not going to bring him back??
    • Overall performance, hell no, not on Dak
    • Dak didn't play well, but compared to that defense he looked like a superstar, Joe Montana wouldn't have had a chance
    • I would have loved to have Dak as my QB.
    • Calls out some of Dan Orlovsky's game tape below
  • Dallas is not built to win in January, every loss, other team ran on something like 100-110 times, passed on 60-70 times
  • I thought the entire football team looked shocked after GB's first drive.
    • When you hear comments from Jerry Jones, Dak, McCarthy.. they just assumed they were the mighty Cowboys and could lay their jocks on field and dominate and win
Dan Orlovsky
  • Same thing happened we talked about on Monday, bad matchup (that video was posted last week)
    • Jordan Love under center
    • Ton of presnap motion
    • Ton of playaction pass
    • Cowboys defense struggled all season with that but no one listened
    • See video for examples.
  • Run Game, split flow. Run one direction then cut backside. They did it to Parsons 6x. Clearly they game planned against Parsons.
    • DQ is a great coach, but Green Bay ran circles around him.
  • I thought Dak looked under panic. Uncharacteristic decisions.
    • See video for examples. Dan runs down many bad decisions.
    • Both interceptions were not good decision to throw. See his video examples.
    • This defense allowed Tommy Cutlets and Bryce Young to be NFC Player of Week. Everyone made fun of it.
    • EVERYONE thought Dallas offense would go up and down on it.
    • No one debates if Dak is a good player, he has his entire career. But once again when they needed him, going against a kid who was in his first playoff game on the road, he failed.
Domonique Foxworth
  • GB wanted to avoid 3rd down at all costs
  • Playaction was the killer. Big shots taken on 2nd down.
  • Max protection against Micah, then just manned up and #11 still didn't make play
  • Offensive Line not only pushed Dallas back but out-schemed Dallas defense.
  • Dominique agrees with Rex Ryan. Wasn't all Dak bad decision on one interception. Great execution by GB's defensive backs.
    • But this is irrelevant. Dak and offense have to show up in a big game like this and keep them in game
See Reply #20 for second part of show.

Wow Rex Ryan... Continues to be a moron to this day. Always was a loser with the Jets, still a loser.

27-0 but let's blame defense only. Yeah you will take Dak anyday, come back and take him PLEASE. Any team you coach, especially with Dak as your QB, that's an easy win every year.

DCwarrior

Reaction score
You’re glossing over the fact that we had 0 points to blame the D for giving up 14. Ya boi sux, plain and simple.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Best game analysis of national sports morning shows. Rex Ryan gives Dak a break, but Dan Orlovsky goes hard on him. All 3 though agree that DQ was schooled by GB. Green Bay set up a clinic on how to deal with Dallas defense. Recommend you watch video to see the gameplay they break down. Can't bulletin point it.

Rex Ryan
  • This defense stunk! I don't know why they got outcoached but point to defense period!
    • Why are you playing 6 DBs for 48/54 snaps against the run??? You don't do that when you're getting your brain kicked in.
  • Dak Prescott is the future of the team. Played MVP all year and talking about not going to bring him back??
    • Dak didn't play well, but compared to that defense he looked like a superstar, Joe Montana wouldn't have had a chance
  • Dallas is not built to win in January, every loss, other team ran on something like 100-110 times, passed on 60-70 times
    • When you hear comments from Jerry Jones, Dak, McCarthy.. they just assumed they were the mighty Cowboys and could lay their jocks on field and dominate and win
Dan Orlovsky
  • Same thing happened we talked about on Monday, bad matchup (that video was posted last week)
    • Ton of presnap motion
    • Ton of playaction pass
  • Run Game, split flow. Run one direction then cut backside. They did it to Parsons 6x. Clearly they game planned against Parsons.
    • This defense allowed Tommy Cutlets and Bryce Young to be NFC Player of Week. Everyone made fun of it.
    • No one debates if Dak is a good player, he has his entire career. But once again when they needed him, going against a kid who was in his first playoff game on the road, he failed.
Domonique Foxworth
  • Max protection against Micah, then just manned up and #11 still didn't make play
  • Dominique agrees with Rex Ryan. Wasn't all Dak bad decision on one interception. Great execution by GB's defensive backs.
    • But this is irrelevant. Dak and offense have to show up in a big game like this and keep them in game

Parsons is a liability at DE in the run game, while he's an asset at MLB in the run game, and *especially* this year.

The misuse of Parsons on run downs has been obvious for a couple of years. It's surprising that opposing offenses took so long to just bang that drum all game long.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

Rex Ryan
Dan Orlovsky
    • Ton of presnap motion
    • Ton of playaction pass
Domonique Foxworth

The first INT was just a tough play. Cooks had inside leverage. For most receivers and most plays that's a completion.
But Cooks is small, the defender got away with mauling him, and then the defender just made a great play on the ball. Just tremendous execution by the defender.
The other INT - totally Dak.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"Dak Prescott is the future of the team. Played MVP all year and talking about not going to bring him back??

No, he didn't. He played poorly against every good team they faced, again. What the heck is he talking about?

Yes, the defense was terrible, but so was the mvp quarterback. The guy that's supposed to lead the team.