Video: ESPN GET UP - Rex Ryan: Don't you dare blame Dak! GB ran circles around DQ! Put on a clinic!

1942willys

Reaction score
My issue is I didn't appreciate that team enough in the 90s. I thought, like so many of the young players, that we will do this all the time.

My 14 year old son is similar. He is a Cowboys fan but he didn't even stick around for the 2nd half yesterday. I guess he is smarter than me...but this is all he knows. Choking dogs....that is what he knows the Cowboys to be.
I can see that. I was a boys fan from the first SB loss. So I felt that the boys would always be contending and then the next year we won and over the next twenty plus years I felt that the Boys always contending was the normal way of things.
Landry to Johnson and even Switzer. Then things went bad for some years but BP seemed to be having us back again. But now I realize that the mid 90's was the twilight
We area just another franchise now
nothing special

Reactions: Ken

CrownCowboy

Reaction score
My issue is I didn't appreciate that team enough in the 90s. I thought, like so many of the young players, that we will do this all the time.

My 14 year old son is similar. He is a Cowboys fan but he didn't even stick around for the 2nd half yesterday. I guess he is smarter than me...but this is all he knows. Choking dogs....that is what he knows the Cowboys to be.
I remember my dad taking me to Atlanta in 89 to watch us play the Falcons. I was only 6 and we had just moved to North Carolina. Some guy caught a long td pass from Aikman and I remember asking my dad who it was that caught it and I remember him answering........that's Michael Irvin. I was so happy because we were up something like 20-7 or something at the half only to not score again and lose. Can't remember what the score was.

I remember only winning one game against the skins that year and then going to Chicago a couple years later and winning a playoff game. The rest is history after that.

My son is 12 and he doesn't have anything like that to look back on. No wonder he isn't as into it as I was.

Hopefully our boys will see it one day.

rocknrobcowboy

Reaction score
Dan Queen..Why did you play 6 DBs for 48/54 snaps against the run..?
That's a Great Question,But Without Saying It..I Wanted Out For a Head Coaching Job.. :cool:

See Ya Dan Queen

ologan

Reaction score
It was 27-7 at halftime. Dak was responsible for -7 points total. Put that in your hat and smoke it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Who’s responsible for the additional 21 points…almost a fifty burger? Not excusing QB play at all….dont you excuse the disastrous defense play.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
I'm not the one attacking, but I will defend myself.
you're constantly in attack mode. but that's beside the point.
the irony was you demanding that someone else act "like a mature adult", then in the same sentence referring to them as a "whiny, butt hurt child"

Just found that amusing for some reason.

Steve007

Reaction score
Best game analysis of national sports morning shows. Rex Ryan gives Dak a break, but Dan Orlovsky goes hard on him. All 3 though agree that DQ was schooled by GB. Green Bay set up a clinic on how to deal with Dallas defense. Recommend you watch video to see the gameplay they break down. Can't bulletin point it.

Rex Ryan
  • This defense stunk! I don't know why they got outcoached but point to defense period!
    • They struggle with teams that run the ball.
    • 9 1/2 yards on 1st down the Cowboys gave up! That's incredible!
    • Why are you playing 6 DBs for 48/54 snaps against the run??? You don't do that when you're getting your brain kicked in.
  • Dak Prescott is the future of the team. Played MVP all year and talking about not going to bring him back??
    • Overall performance, hell no, not on Dak
    • Dak didn't play well, but compared to that defense he looked like a superstar, Joe Montana wouldn't have had a chance
    • I would have loved to have Dak as my QB.
    • Calls out some of Dan Orlovsky's game tape below
  • Dallas is not built to win in January, every loss, other team ran on something like 100-110 times, passed on 60-70 times
  • I thought the entire football team looked shocked after GB's first drive.
    • When you hear comments from Jerry Jones, Dak, McCarthy.. they just assumed they were the mighty Cowboys and could lay their jocks on field and dominate and win
Dan Orlovsky
  • Same thing happened we talked about on Monday, bad matchup (that video was posted last week)
    • Jordan Love under center
    • Ton of presnap motion
    • Ton of playaction pass
    • Cowboys defense struggled all season with that but no one listened
    • See video for examples.
  • Run Game, split flow. Run one direction then cut backside. They did it to Parsons 6x. Clearly they game planned against Parsons.
    • DQ is a great coach, but Green Bay ran circles around him.
  • I thought Dak looked under panic. Uncharacteristic decisions.
    • See video for examples. Dan runs down many bad decisions.
    • Both interceptions were not good decision to throw. See his video examples.
    • This defense allowed Tommy Cutlets and Bryce Young to be NFC Player of Week. Everyone made fun of it.
    • EVERYONE thought Dallas offense would go up and down on it.
    • No one debates if Dak is a good player, he has his entire career. But once again when they needed him, going against a kid who was in his first playoff game on the road, he failed.
Domonique Foxworth
  • GB wanted to avoid 3rd down at all costs
  • Playaction was the killer. Big shots taken on 2nd down.
  • Max protection against Micah, then just manned up and #11 still didn't make play
  • Offensive Line not only pushed Dallas back but out-schemed Dallas defense.
  • Dominique agrees with Rex Ryan. Wasn't all Dak bad decision on one interception. Great execution by GB's defensive backs.
    • But this is irrelevant. Dak and offense have to show up in a big game like this and keep them in game
See Reply #20 for second part of show.

Dak plays great against a prevent defense and agianst 3rd stringers.

kskboys

Reaction score
Dan Queen..Why did you play 6 DBs for 48/54 snaps against the run..?
That's a Great Question,But Without Saying It..I Wanted Out For a Head Coaching Job.. :cool:

See Ya Dan Queen
I know why, but I hate it. We don't have starting quality LBs on the roster. Very simple.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
see the name-calling doesn't bother me but I know that Dak stans start running to mods when I fire back.
you nailed it here. he will savage you, call you names, no holds barred but the minute you say something that hits close to home, he's on his knees begging the mods to intervene. So on point. You got him pegged.

kskboys

Reaction score
Who’s responsible for the additional 21 points…almost a fifty burger? Not excusing QB play at all….dont you excuse the disastrous defense play.
I do not. Dak sucked. D sucked. And that's 100% what I've said since that travesty ended.

If you're talking about the first half, Dak gave GB half those points. So it's 14.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
you're constantly in attack mode. but that's beside the point.
the irony was you demanding that someone else act "like a mature adult", then in the same sentence referring to them as a "whiny, butt hurt child"

Just found that amusing for some reason.
Like I said, I will defend myself.

bottleKids

Reaction score
450 yards of offense....don't forget.

3 tds.

What did the defense do again?
lol

You call people names all the time if they don't bow down to Dak... but yet outside of Rex you and maybe 3 people here, everyone else in the world (including Dak) are intellectually honest enough to admit Dak had a bad game.

Prevent defense all fourth quarter so I expect that stat line.

Dak and the Defense sucking can both be true... but you still are all in on not admitting he is not the guy. Who is the guy will be what you ask back to me, to which I don't now, but all I know is where we are now is where we will be for the foreseeable future until we make drastic changes.

Last edited: