ESPN: Kiper's A Grade for Cowboys in 2010

Doctor32

Hi-Definition Warrior
Reaction score
A guide to getting an "A" from Kiper in April's Draft,\.

dal.gif
Dallas Cowboys
Top needs: LT, WR, FS, LB, CB
First round (27): OT Bruce Campbell
Second-round options (59):S Chad Jones, S DeAndre McDaniel, LB Sean Lee, LB Daryl Washington, WR Mardy Gilyard
Third-round options (90): WR Jordan Shipley, LB Micah Johnson, CB Alterraun Verner, CB Trevard Lindley, S Harry Coleman
Summary: I think any Dallas fan would be happy if the team lands a talented tackle late in the first round, and Campbell could be an exceptional value when it's all said and done, because he continues to improve. I actually think Dallas can upgrade at the WR position, and Gilyard or Shipley could help in the slot. The Cowboys need a free safety, and it'll be interesting to see what they do if, somehow, Taylor Mays were to fall all the way to No. 27. I also think a fourth CB would be good and the crop is unremarkable, but there's some depth. I like Verner better than some and Lindley's been good.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
Kiper has knows NOTHING about Dallas.

He has been routinely WAY off base with his predictions, and although we do need a LT, I dont see this year being any different.

I would absolutely LOVE Chad Jones in the 2nd though. I feel we may have to trade up for him however.

Doctor32

Hi-Definition Warrior
Reaction score
NextGenBoys;3256370 said:
Kiper has knows NOTHING about Dallas.

He has been routinely WAY off base with his predictions, and although we do need a LT, I dont see this year being any different.

I would absolutely LOVE Chad Jones in the 2nd though. I feel we may have to trade up for him however.

Gilyard in Round 2 would be good if they get another DB or OT in Round 1. That would be ideal. Then, get the best CB or DL on the board in round 3.

utrunner07

Reaction score
some members here are going to be thrilled with that 1st name in round 3.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
Longboysfan;3256380 said:
Anyone - including a 10 year old - is better at draft picking the Kiper when it comes to the Dallas Cowboys

There, fixed that for ya.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
utrunner07;3256383 said:
some members here are going to be thrilled with that 1st name in round 3.

It's stupid. We need depth at other positions MUCH more than WR.

Even if we go Oline, then safety, we still need depth at Dline, and you can NEVER have enough quality DB's.

funkytown

Reaction score
The cowboys really do need a slot receiver, in a bad way. Been like that for years. They need one of those shorter quicker guys who can get in and out of breaks fast. Shipley would be awesome in that roll here.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Longboysfan;3256380 said:
Anyone - including a 10 year old - is better at draft picking the Kiper.
Does anyone have his record of who he chose for our first round choices over the years? I agree it probably is not all that accurate, but that is hardly his "thing".

His goal is not to "predict" where players go. His strength is in talent evaluation and judging value, not draft prognostication to the degree he "knows" what teams like and might do in the draft. If that is what you are after, I'd suggest Gosselin who is his polar opposite.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
CowboyDan;3256374 said:

Not very impressive in that video. The few plays that were shown include a whiff, a holding penalty and getting turned around in a short-yardage situation.

I wasn't impressed by the videos of Bulaga or Iupati, either. Granted, I haven't done much scouting for this draft yet, but so far, I'm wary of taking these guys in the first round.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
StylisticS;3256399 said:
Laugh at the thought of Taylor Mays wearing the star.
I am not laughing at all. Actually, I am very concerned that we might show interest.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
AdamJT13;3256401 said:
Not very impressive in that video. The few plays that were shown include a whiff, a holding penalty and getting turned around in a short-yardage situation.

I wasn't impressed by the videos of Bulaga or Iupati, either. Granted, I haven't done much scouting for this draft yet, but so far, I'm wary of taking these guys in the first round.

I just saw Iupati bully some guys in practice at G.

-Take a peek at Anthony Davis

DFWJC

Reaction score
Kiper is strong when it comes to his breadth of knowledge about the player pool, but he's not so special when it comes to knowing who will be taken by what team. That's fine because he is paid for the former, not the latter.

CowboyDan

Anger is a Gift
Reaction score
AdamJT13;3256401 said:

Agreed. It's only one game's highlights, but I didn't like what I saw at all. He almost got bulldozed by a guy half his size at the goaline.

StylisticS

Reaction score
Alexander;3256403 said:
I am not laughing at all. Actually, I am very concerned that we might show interest.
That too. It's basically a concerned or sarcastic laugh.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;3256407 said:
I just saw Iupati bully some guys in practice at G.

To me, he looks like a brawler. But he just plays so high and gets no leverage.

Everlastingxxx

All Star
Reaction score
I feel WR is a top need. We need to draft a WR that is going to replace RW after he bombs again this season. Austin has one year under his belt starting...thats it. Crayton is getting up in years. Hurd is a let down in games and O-Tree is still young and unproven. Give Romo more weapons to throw to.

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
Doctor32;3256375 said:
Gilyard in Round 2 would be good if they get another DB or OT in Round 1. That would be ideal. Then, get the best CB or DL on the board in round 3.

Gilyard would be a solid pick in the 2nd round but I'd prefer a safety or LB. Jordan Shipley would be a great pick in the 3rd round!