ESPN: Kiper's A Grade for Cowboys in 2010

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;3257176 said:
That you disagree makes me feel more comfortable in my opinion.

Whatever.

Your alone in your view. You being outnumbered about 50 to 1 on here must mean something. I'm not the only one.

Our defense had no drop off with Ball back there.

This defense didn't skip a beat with Hamsucks out.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Wasnt it Theos post that showed how much pressure the D generates?

Yea, Hamlin is first in line to be cut. Colombo next

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;3257179 said:
Whatever.

Your alone in your view. You being outnumbered about 50 to 1 on here must mean something. I'm not the only one.
I'm well aware that the vast majority of people, including hardcore sports fans, have no idea how to judge a defensive back other than looking at INT totals.

The TDs given up per snaps played ratio for our safeties skyrocketed with Ball at safety. We also happened to lose those two games he started, while winning the two games before and the three games after when Hamlin was in.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;3257185 said:
I'm well aware that the vast majority of people, including hardcore sports fans, have no idea how to judge a defensive back other than looking at INT totals.

The TDs given up per snaps played ratio for our safeties skyrocketed with Ball at safety. We also happened to lose those two games he started, while winning the two games before and the three games after when Hamlin was in.

Sky rocketed?

lol

Defense gave up 6 points in his first start..omfgz so many TD'z!!

Gave up 31 points to the Giants..which was less than week 2 when Hamsucks was playing..sooo..irrufutable fact there

And then 20 points to a high powered San Diego defense with only 1 TD pass.

Ya, we really struggled without Hamsucks:rolleyes:

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;3257194 said:
Over the last 7 games of the season, 5 games were started by Hamlin and 2 were started by Ball.

Here are the defensive stats for those games started by each player:

Hamlin - 235 passing yards per game, 0.6 passing TDs per game.

Ball - 332 passing yards per game, 2 passing TDs per game.

So we gave up 100 more yards per game and 3 times as many passing TDs per game. That's not skipping a beat. That's falling dead of a heart attack.

Dude i don't know where your getting these stats, but NFL.com shows Ball started against Washington, New York and San Diego

0 passing TD's against Washington
2 passing TD's against New York
1 passing TD against San Diego.

That's 1.0 passing TD's per game.

Man, the bar exam must be really easy:laugh2:

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score

Over the last 8 games of the season, 4 games were started by Hamlin and 4 were started by Ball.

Hamlin - 227 passing yards per game, 0.75 passing TDs per game.

Ball - 280 passing yards per game, 1.25 passing TDs per game.

So we gave up 50 more yards per game and nearly twice as many passing TDs per game. Yeah, I'd say that's "skipping a beat."

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;3257203 said:
Man, the bar exam must be really easy
Since you'll never have the chance to take it, you'll never know.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;3257205 said:
Over the last 8 games of the season, 4 games were started by Hamlin and 4 were started by Ball.

So we gave up 50 more yards per game and nearly twice as many passing TDs per game. Yeah, I'd say that's "skipping a beat."

lol you just edited that whole post.

Ball only started against Washington, San Diego and New York.

3 passing TD's given up total.

3 divided by 3=1.00

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;3257210 said:
lol you just edited that whole post.

Ball only started against Washington, San Diego and New York.

3 passing TD's given up total.

3 divided by 3=1.00
Yes, I edited the whole post. We have edit functions for a reason. If you weren't so eager to read my posts that you replied within seconds of me posting, I would have had a chance to edit.

Your point about him starting only 3 games is a bit silly. Ball didn't officially "start" the Oakland game because we opened that game in a single safety set, with Ball on the bench. However, he "started" that game in that he played in 84% of the defensive snaps in the game at safety. Of course, Ball gave up as many TDs in that Oakland game as Hamlin gave up all season. And he happened to give up a TD to a draft bust that was lucky enough to get his only TD on the season in that game. I'm sure Heyward-Bey would love to play against Ball every week. Hamlin, not so much.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
theogt;3257214 said:
Yes, I edited the whole post. We have edit functions for a reason. If you weren't so eager to read my posts that you replied within seconds of me posting, I would have had a chance to edit.

Your point about him starting only 3 games is a bit silly. Ball didn't officially "start" the Oakland game because we opened that game in a single safety set, with Ball on the bench. However, he "started" that game in that he played in 84% of the defensive snaps in the game at safety. Of course, Ball gave up as many TDs in that Oakland game as Hamlin gave up all season. And he happened to give up a TD to a draft bust that was lucky enough to get his only TD on the season in that game. I'm sure Heyward-Bey would love to play against Ball every week. Hamlin, not so much.

Slate, you are getting brutally owned here........

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
theogt;3257205 said:

It should also be noted that in three of Hamlin's four games, we played three of the top 10 passing offenses in the league.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;3257233 said:
It should also be noted that in three of Hamlin's four games, we played three of the top 10 passing offenses in the league.

pass rush.

It wasn't because of hamlin.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;3257214 said:

How many huge missed tackles and poor angles did Hamlin commit?

That muhsin Muhammad one won't show up since it was brought back, but wow. That was the most pathetic play ever.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
utrunner07;3256383 said:
some members here are going to be thrilled with that 1st name in round 3.

That'd be me. I'd love to get Jordan Shipley. The guy to me is a bigger and faster version of Wes Welker who can stretch defenses as well. He makes the tough catches and can score from anywhere.

I think Jordan goes early 2nd round.

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
Fletch;3257300 said:
That'd be me. I'd love to get Jordan Shipley. The guy to me is a bigger and faster version of Wes Welker who can stretch defenses as well. He makes the tough catches and can score from anywhere.

I think Jordan goes early 2nd round.
Shipley would excel in the slot on this team imo.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Our late season tear defensively coincided with Hamlin's return. Make of that what you wish.

skinsscalper

Reaction score
CowboyDan;3256374 said:

After watching that vid. He looks slow out of his stance, guesses too much and is weak at the point of attack in the run game. Players like Allen, Cole, or Orakpo would eat hi lunch in pass protection.

As far as the run game? Get used to not converting those 3rd and shorts if we draft this guy. Sorry, but he looked lost.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
skinsscalper;3257381 said:
After watching that vid. He looks slow out of his stance, guesses too much and is weak at the point of attack in the run game. Players like Allen, Cole, or Orakpo would eat hi lunch in pass protection.

As far as the run game? Get used to not converting those 3rd and shorts if we draft this guy. Sorry, but he looked lost.
Not just lost but amazingly weak. He showed virtually no explosion or aggression. I had never watched much of him and this is just one game, but based off of that, he does not even look worthy of a first round pick. Outside of a nice frame that you could add muscle mass to, I do not see much to like honestly.

You can have a player like that remake his body, but I did not see much desire to finish blocks, which is one thing I think is very important.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;3257257 said:
How many huge missed tackles and poor angles did Hamlin commit?

That muhsin Muhammad one won't show up since it was brought back, but wow. That was the most pathetic play ever.
Can you tell me how many missed tackles he had all season?

Profootballfocus.com puts the number at two.

SLATEmosphere;3257260 said:
Really.

Well when Hamlin gets cut this year, we'll see who really gets "owned"
Would you care to wager on whether he'll be cut or not?