ESPN: Kiper's A Grade for Cowboys in 2010

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;3257485 said:
Can you tell me how many missed tackles he had all season?

Profootballfocus.com puts the number at two.

Would you care to wager on whether he'll be cut or not?

I know he had more than two. Maybe it wasn't a missed tackle because he never got there in the first place from his poor angles.

And yes I'll wager that.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;3257835 said:
I know he had more than two. Maybe it wasn't a missed tackle because he never got there in the first place from his poor angles.
So how many was it?

And yes I'll wager that.
Set the terms.

Doctor32

Hi-Definition Warrior
Reaction score
theogt;3257853 said:
So how many was it?

Set the terms.

The loser leaves CowboyZone permanently... never to return, even under another pseudonym.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Doctor32;3257933 said:
The loser leaves CowboyZone permanently... never to return, even under another pseudonym.
I think I'd go into convulsions. Plus, you'd miss me.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
theogt;3257978 said:
See above.

I don't see why you're be too worried about it. If you're certain Hamlin isn't going to be cut then you wouldn't have to worry about not posting for that long.

I, for one, agree with you that he won't get cut during this offseason. There is zero shot of that happening cause of the money they gave him and not knowing if whoever they brought in would be better.

Hamlin will be here this year. No doubt. But I'm not the one who asked to make a wager on it, told someone to set the terms, and then doesn't like the terms so I guess my gut feeling on it doesn't really matter either way. :)

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;3258051 said:
I don't see why you're be too worried about it. If you're certain Hamlin isn't going to be cut then you wouldn't have to worry about not posting for that long.

I, for one, agree with you that he won't get cut during this offseason. There is zero shot of that happening cause of the money they gave him and not knowing if whoever they brought in would be better.

Hamlin will be here this year. No doubt. But I'm not the one who asked to make a wager on it, told someone to set the terms, and then doesn't like the terms so I guess my gut feeling on it doesn't really matter either way. :)
I guess the same could be said if the terms were my life savings. If I'm certain, why not risk it?

Obvious answer is that some things aren't worth risking, even if you're certain.

More appropriate would be a sig bet or reasonable dollar amount. Though I'm warming up to the idea of the original terms.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Micah Johnson is a beast at LB and his teammate, Trevard Lindley, isn't a bad corner. Yea, I'm from KY so I'm a fan. I've watched them their entire career and they can play at a high level.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
theogt;3258117 said:
I guess the same could be said if the terms were my life savings. If I'm certain, why not risk it?

Obvious answer is that some things aren't worth risking, even if you're certain.

More appropriate would be a sig bet or reasonable dollar amount. Though I'm warming up to the idea of the original terms.

Is it too late to get in on this?

Plankton

Reaction score
Alexander;3256398 said:
Does anyone have his record of who he chose for our first round choices over the years? I agree it probably is not all that accurate, but that is hardly his "thing".

His goal is not to "predict" where players go. His strength is in talent evaluation and judging value, not draft prognostication to the degree he "knows" what teams like and might do in the draft. If that is what you are after, I'd suggest Gosselin who is his polar opposite.

Kiper's strength is gathering information, not evaluating players.

Kiper is not a scout. He likely wouldn't truly know a player if he sat on one. His draft books provide little to no actual analysis of a player's ability, just a regurgitation of statistics and a few quotes with "I" prominently plastered throughout. He has been good for TV, is passionate and has the memory of a rolodex, but a scout he is not.