ESPN on QB Contracts (Dak)

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Yup.

What Tim Hasselbeck thinks changes my mind lol
He knows more about the subject than you ever will.
E260-CEAE-A0-FF-4-FF3-AEE3-C79-E39-D9273-C.gif

BobSacamano

Reaction score
LOL. I love how you post this. Yet completely ignored the thread where the team as a whole since Dak has been back in ranked first in pretty much every single offensive statistic. Gotta love it.
My, how short lived his goodwill to Dak was.

Wait till Dallas loses a game…

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Absolutely but there are some like that yahoo who doesn’t nothing but crap on Dak. You’re getting to be in that camp as well. Just the fact you’re defending that troll proves it.
I'm not defending that crap or camp. This is where you and I get eft up. You make up stuff I never said.

I am defending people's rights to "have their reasons".

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you,..."

You have your reasons...which you shake your head at when people don't "get" them. Other people have theirs...that maybe YOU don't "get". MOST of the time...a great majority of time....it's not "trolling". I doubt you even know what that really means. It's NOT disagreement, or stubbornness. I don't know this person you rare fighting with is a troll or not. I am not sure he comments solely to elicit a response. He very well COULD have "his reasons"...just like you.

I do know one thing.... you are pretty hair-trigger happy with insults. I suppose you "have your reasons" for that too.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I'm not defending that crap or camp. This is where you and I get eft up. You make up stuff I never said.

I am defending people's rights to "have their reasons".

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you,..."

You have your reasons...which you shake your head at when people don't "get" them. Other people have theirs...that maybe YOU don't "get". MOST of the time...a great majority of time....it's not "trolling". I doubt you even know what that really means. It's NOT disagreement, or stubbornness. I don't know this person you rare fighting with is a troll or not. I am not sure he comments solely to elicit a response. He very well COULD have "his reasons"...just like you.

I do know one thing.... you are pretty hair-trigger happy with insults. I suppose you "have your reasons" for that too.
Taking out both sides of your mouth.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Read the first few explanations of contracts for Rodgers, Wilson, Carr, Murray, and Stafford, including earliest outs and dead money. Love Dak or hate him, love Jerry or hate him, I think you’ll appreciate just how good Dak’s contract is compared to other QBs. Most of those teams have no options at all and are stuck with QBs, no matter how bad things get. The Cowboys are likely to extend Dak soon because they believe in him, but his contract is very team friendly and has a really easy out.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/st...ack-contract-details-need-know-2023-offseason

Unrelated side-note, I was surprised by former QB Tim Hasselbeck’s list of NFC QB’s he trusts most to win an NFC playoff game. He had Dak at number 2.

lol...you know something?

We all have some sort of income as citizens, right? Some people make big money, some people are struggling to get bye in life.

And just referencing all of us cowboy fans that come here every day...looking for work...bored, tired, lonely?

All of us could burn our money if we had the cash that Dak has and live just as fine as we are.

BobSacamano

Reaction score
Thread title should be changed to

ESPN on QB Contracts (Dak)(Mountaineer Cowboy owned once again)

Flamma

Reaction score
Yet his cap hit this year is only is only $19MM. Average them both and you're at $34MM per year which is not a bad cap hit for a franchise QB. They can easily restructure his cap hit next year if they so choose as they already have voidable years in 2025-2026.

His cap hit is low this year because they keep restructuring his contract. But at some point it gets ridiculous to keep doing that. We've come to that point.

I don't know how much they will restructure next year, but it probably won't be 30M being pushed forward. Which is why we see a lot of cap space being rolled over. Next year he'll be top 3 in cap hit in the entire league.

Shane612

Reaction score
If posters are whining about Daks deal I can’t wait to see the water works once we extend him.

Next deal is going to be HUGE.
Do you really believe the cowboys will resign him to similar contract?

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I will never be able to appreciate Dak's contract because I do not believe his skills and talent are worth it.

The less he does the better we are and he can't consistently commit to that play style.

Well any qb that could throw 15 times a game and win 13 games a year would be ideal..... but those days in the nfl have been over for 20 years. I have probably been as big a dak critic as any person on this forum. But ill be honest, looking around the nfc, who would you take over him? I wouldn't take hurts over him. Jimmy g? No way,.....so who else?
In fact, ok Allen, mahomes, Burrow, herbert? With the old guys going away, dak very well might be top 6 right now.

Shane612

Reaction score
Well any qb that could throw 15 times a game and win 13 games a year would be ideal..... but those days in the nfl have been over for 20 years. I have probably been as big a dak critic as any person on this forum. But ill be honest, looking around the nfc, who would you take over him? I wouldn't take hurts over him. Jimmy g? No way,.....so who else?
In fact, ok Allen, mahomes, Burrow, herbert? With the old guys going away, dak very well might be top 6 right now.
Oh, come on. ....:laugh:
You think the Beagles and the 49ers would trade their respective QB for Dak straight up?

Oh, BTW, Geno Smith is having an All-Pro type of year, so far.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
Dak's contract isn't the worst in the league but in no way is it "team-friendly" or an easy out. $40 million in dead money if you cut him and you still have to pay a qb. That being said Dak is in all likelihood extended anyway.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Oh, come on. ....:laugh:
You think the Beagles and the 49ers would trade their respective QB for Dak straight up?

Oh, BTW, Geno Smith is having an All-Pro type of year, so far.
Hurts has had a good 10 games..... thats it.

Jimmy wouldnt even be playing if Lance didnt get hurt.