ESPN on QB Contracts (Dak)

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Not at all concerned about Dak's contract if the Cowboys offense continues to put up 30+/game.

rambo2

Reaction score
Yes.

I predicted their record just like everyone else did before the season. There's not going to be many people predicting it exactly right. Including yourself.

My prediction was also made with Dak being healthy all season.
The Dak thing is really funny.

rambo2

Reaction score
Admit what?

Who cares what "production" looks like. All that matters is W/L.

My prediction during the preseason looks like it could be wrong, but it's not wrong yet, but it very well could be wrong after Sunday. Am I supposed to be upset about that or something?
Why would you be upset, you can come up with some dumb stuff regardless. You have been doing that for years.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I guess you can’t read as I’ve started the reason several times. Either that or you’re just being a jerk.
We all have our reasons for everything. Maybe we should have some consideration for all of them, not just our own.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
If we've won a Super Bowl by that point I promise you nobody will be upset.

If we have zero playoff wins by that point then any wailing about it will be warranted.
As I’ve said, I’m a huge Dak fan, but the reality is, in my opinion, if you don’t make it to the NFC title game in the next two years, you don’t resign or extend Dak. I’ll have no hard feelings. Romo had plenty of great teams he did nothing with. It happens. If we haven’t gotten extremely close in two years, you let him walk and you start over at QB.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
There’s only one real reason the Cowboys haven’t been successful recently, and it’s not the QB.
Romo was an excellent QB who had pro bowlers and even HOF players at receiver, TE, OL, along with a RB who led the league in rushing. He won nothing. Dak set rookie records for his play that were the best inthe history of the NFL! He played well enough in the playoffs to get past Rodgers and GB.

Neither was ever the best QB in the league, but both have been good enough. They are not the same, but what do they have in common? Until this year, Romo and Dak have been among the league leaders in leading their talented offenses, but neither has ever had a defense worth a damn until now. Our current defense still needs improvements, but it’s the best defense we’ve seen in decades.

mardwin

Reaction score
I keep Dak for 1 more year and draft a QB in next year's draft (first 3 rounds). Lots of talent coming out.

Swagger

Reaction score
Marriottas career has proven to be below average.

Super bowl caliber team? We haven’t one a playoff game in a few years and the NFC is the worst it’s been in like a decade. I think that’s an exaggeration.

So do you think the answer is to get cheap at QB and get someone slightly below average like Marriotta and spend the money elsewhere? I’m just curious.

Mariota hasn't played on the same quality of teams of Prescott. I think he's average but would produce very similar results to Prescott in turns of team wins.

This is Superbowl calibre team. The NFC has three teams that could reach the Superbowl this season. In my view the order is 49ers, Cowboys and Eagles. Realistically it would be a huge failure for the Cowboys to not at least reach the NFC Championship game. That's the bare minimum requirement and really should be reaching the Superbowl with this roster and coaching staff.

The Cowboys beat the Bengals (Superbowl runners up and a good team again this season) with a practice squad QB. That tells anyone that this team is loaded and beyond that the team overall went 4-1 with a practice squad QB.

My answer has been and gone. I was banging the drum about drafting Hurts in the second round and riding his rookie contract.

It's now a case of reassesing the options once there's a genuine out from Prescott and reviewing the upcoming QB draft classes.

The reality is the front office want to be proven right for drafting Prescott, benching an All Pro in Romo for a rookie QB and losing against the Packers when the #1 seed and for offering him a huge contract after a serious leg injury. They will ride Prescott until he can't move but along with other posters I will continue to highlight the mistakes made as I believe in having accountability.

After his first season I put up the argument that the Cowboys should have traded Prescott as his value would never be higher. We could have effectively drafted a QB like Mahomes, Allen or Jackson and rode their rookie contract and still have extra draft pick(s)!

Some people genuinely think I'm an Eagles fan :facepalm: beyond embarrassing that as a Cowboy fan I don't regard Prescott as a top 10 QB or a difference maker so it automatically exempts me from supporting the Cowboys. I suggest others grow up and are objective like me not just ignorant homers - that's not aimed at cnuball21 as your posts are perfectly reasonable and I respect your comments whilst I may disagree on a few points.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
We all have our reasons for everything. Maybe we should have some consideration for all of them, not just our own.
Absolutely but there are some like that yahoo who doesn’t nothing but crap on Dak. You’re getting to be in that camp as well. Just the fact you’re defending that troll proves it.