ESPN on QB Contracts (Dak)

terra

Reaction score
Of course you would. You’ve displayed your lack of intelligence over the years.
Considering that Rodgers has pretty much made Dallas his bi*** his entire career, will be in the HOF, and has a ring as well, until he is clearly not what he was only an idiot would not pick him over Dak.
Despite being in too many ways a DB.
Your ability to ignore the real world is truly amazing.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
The 1991 Cowboys were 6-5 and Troy Aikman hurt his knee. Steve Beurlein came in and won five in a row plus a playoff game.

So using your logic back then Aikman was not a difference maker since the team won a bunch of games without him.

The Cowboys played perfect complementary football while Dak was out except for the Eagles game. Since Dak came back they have averaged 33.8 points and over 416 yards per game. If Dak isn't the difference than what is the difference? Kellen Moore suddenly becoming a genius?
In 1991 Troy Aikman wasn't anything.

He was coming off an 11 TD 18 INT season in 1990.

Aikman was 100% not a difference maker in 1991.

Flamma

Reaction score
Mahomes, Allen, Tua, Burrow, Herbert, and Hurts right off the top of my head are playing better than Dak right now.

And "once Brady and Rodgers" go - guess what? More young QBs will come in and fill those spots. Dak doesn't - he's right there with Cousins and Carr.

Anyone can be playing better for a time. Doesn't mean they are better. Hurts certainly isn't a better passer. And I saw Tua play before he got two of the best WRs in the league.

I agree that he's right there with Cousins and Carr. Even though I wouldn't take either of those two over Dak. But there's not much of a difference.

Like I said before. You got Mahomes and Allen as elite QBs in this league. I'm not counting Rodgers and Brady as I think they're done soon. No one else is elite. Not Herbert, not Burrow, and not Stafford. But they're on the fence. Once you get past the players I mentioned, the rest are roughly the same. Not much difference from best to worse.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Anyone can be playing better for a time. Doesn't mean they are better. Hurts certainly isn't a better passer. And I saw Tua play before he got two of the best WRs in the league.

I agree that he's right there with Cousins and Carr. Even though I wouldn't take either of those two over Dak. But there's not much of a difference.

Like I said before. You got Mahomes and Allen as elite QBs in this league. I'm not counting Rodgers and Brady as I think they're done soon. No one else is elite. Not Herbert, not Burrow, and not Stafford. But they're on the fence. Once you get past the players I mentioned, the rest are roughly the same. Not much difference from best to worse.

We have to go with a now - you're saying he's top 5. He has to be playing like a top 5 QB. If we actually go by his career, Dak has been far too inconsistent to be considered top 5 anything.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Dak’s ability is 80% of the team around him. Meaning most any mid level NFL QB could win with this team. He works hard so he does well but his skill could not carry the team like a Brady, Mahomes or even Rogers. Those are the QB that deserve huge paydays. Dak is a tiny bit above average imo. He owes the rest to the team and coaches. He is over paid imo. Glad to have him though cause we could have worse.

So why did our PPG jump almost 14 points when he came back?

cnuball21

Reaction score
We have to go with a now - you're saying he's top 5. He has to be playing like a top 5 QB. If we actually go by his career, Dak has been far too inconsistent to be considered top 5 anything.

So based on this you’re taking Tua over Allen?

mattjames2010

Reaction score
So based on this you’re taking Tua over Allen?

I addressed both - if we go in the now, Dak is not top 5. If we go career, he's not top 5. I think Tua is playing dang good football but being elevated by the players around him. I would choose Allen and Mahomes over Tua right now. The difference in level of play between those three isn't that vastly different, they are all MVP candidates.

blueblood70

Reaction score

we dont agree on much but i agree with all that you said, and to add, even elite players have bad throws or bad games.

I mean Allen had 3 game stretch where he wasn't good at all. yet Daks being micro judged on nearly every throw Vs overall game p[rodcution.its Getting sad around here to see haters expecting perfection or they call a player average or bad. LOL

Dak been top 10 for very long time and nothing's changed., you take all those players from the #1 offense that are no longer here off the team and Daks still producing.
Gone,

AC
Ced
Cwill
collins
Jarwin
turner

most around here said we didn't have #1 WR, an average TE, a rookie LT that was supposed to be a project, no one liked Magovern and weren't sold on Stele plus they said zeke was washed..

Crazy all 5 games since Daks been back how much this offense is back in the top 5 in most category's and he would be 5-0 if the defense doesn't choke the GB game away.

cnuball21

Reaction score
I addressed both - if we go in the now, Dak is not top 5. If we go career, he's not top 5. I think Tua is playing dang good football but being elevated by the players around him. I would choose Allen and Mahomes over Tua right now. The difference in level of play between those three isn't that vastly different, they are all MVP candidates.

So since 2016 Dak is 6th in QBR and 10th in EPA per play.

So where does that put him among active QB for you?

mattjames2010

Reaction score
So since 2016 Dak is 6th in QBR and 10th in EPA per play.

So where does that put him among active QB for you?

Dak has played far fewer games and wasn't exactly stellar in the GB, TB, and Lions games.

You're low IQ.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Read the first few explanations of contracts for Rodgers, Wilson, Carr, Murray, and Stafford, including earliest outs and dead money. Love Dak or hate him, love Jerry or hate him, I think you’ll appreciate just how good Dak’s contract is compared to other QBs. Most of those teams have no options at all and are stuck with QBs, no matter how bad things get. The Cowboys are likely to extend Dak soon because they believe in him, but his contract is very team friendly and has a really easy out.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/st...ack-contract-details-need-know-2023-offseason

Unrelated side-note, I was surprised by former QB Tim Hasselbeck’s list of NFC QB’s he trusts most to win an NFC playoff game. He had Dak at number 2.

I don’t think it’s a sure thing that the Cowboys extend Dak soon. They weren’t in any hurry to give him that second contract and he was putting up some huge numbers then. His numbers and consistency have dipped. If the Cowboys don’t win at least one playoff game this season things could get interesting with Dak. We’ll see if they still believe in him if they don’t advance in the playoffs.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I said since 2016…maybe read and understand before claiming I’m the one with the low IQ.

You are low IQ - you initially referenced Tua and Allen and their play this season, so it's hardly my fault for thinking you got things mixed up since Prescott is 6th in QBR currently this year. You should probably clarify which "QBR" you are referencing as well. Quarterback rating is raw and doesn't give much context, PFF and even ESPN's QBR is a deeper dive.

cnuball21

Reaction score
You are low IQ - you initially referenced Tua and Allen and their play this season, so it's hardly my fault for thinking you got things mixed up since Prescott is 6th in QBR currently this year. You should probably clarify which "QBR" you are referencing as well. Quarterback rating is raw and doesn't give much context, PFF and even ESPN's QBR is a deeper dive.

Bc you said looking at this season. Then you switched to careers to I switched to careers.

We can reference all the stats we want - most of which have him in the top 10 for his career. But does it matter? Your mind is made up regardless of what the metrics say.

Flamma

Reaction score

Keep in mind who you're talking to here. I am considered a Dak hater by the Dak jock sniffers. They're a creepy bunch, but hey, whatever gets them by. So I'm not here to try and elevate Stats Prescott. Just being real.

Remember, top 5 doesn't have to mean you're some great quarterback. Which is why I hate it when people make those rankings. For example. If you have 20 QBs, and 18 of them suck, a few in the top 5 will suck, right? Once Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady retire, Dak will move up along with everyone else.

Flamma

Reaction score
we dont agree on much but i agree with all that you said, and to add, even elite players have bad throws or bad games.

I mean Allen had 3 game stretch where he wasn't good at all. yet Daks being micro judged on nearly every throw Vs overall game p[rodcution.its Getting sad around here to see haters expecting perfection or they call a player average or bad. LOL

Dak been top 10 for very long time and nothing's changed., you take all those players from the #1 offense that are no longer here off the team and Daks still producing.
Gone,

AC
Ced
Cwill
collins
Jarwin
turner

most around here said we didn't have #1 WR, an average TE, a rookie LT that was supposed to be a project, no one liked Magovern and weren't sold on Stele plus they said zeke was washed..

Crazy all 5 games since Daks been back how much this offense is back in the top 5 in most category's and he would be 5-0 if the defense doesn't choke the GB game away.

Yeah, I mentioned Allen's poor play the last few weeks in my initial post. Imagine if Dak fumbled a snap to lose the game?

I was never a big Dak fan. But looking around the league right now, I'm kind of glad we have him. There's not a lot of really good QBs out there.

The one thing that bothers me about Dak, when was the last time Dallas was down and Dak drove them to a late 4th quarter victory? I don't mean ties. Losing late in the 4th, Dak to the rescue. Does he ever do that?