ESPN on QB Contracts (Dak)

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He was benched, but still better than Dak.
What does that say about Dak?

Im not sure what it says about Dak, but what this statement says about you is that you understand football at the level that a 7 year old kid does. No jimmy is not as good as Dak. I’m sorry to tell you that. Also Santa Clause isn’t real

Strol

Reaction score
um they want $10 to read the entire article LOL umm NO internets free. Bad link lol

please copy and past it here...

BTW surprising? , why our fanbase hates on our payers more then National media does, our fanbase hates in this team, yet always giving props to other team especially NFCE teams, this is sad eras we are in.. Daks deal is not bad..zeke earned his money and most likely gone but no way should they be getting so much hate from our fans over money..ugh

How much of a loser can one person prove to be in a single post?

A. Not everybody is broke. $10 a month for live sports every night. (plus some articles) is a fair enough deal.
B. The Cowboys haven't made an NFL semi final in 27 years, and you think the fan base hates to much? They don't hate enough.
C. Zeke earned his money? Is this satire? He has the most guaranteed money of any RB alive and has declined every year since signing. (At a luxury position mind you.)

cnuball21

Reaction score
Yeah, I mentioned Allen's poor play the last few weeks in my initial post. Imagine if Dak fumbled a snap to lose the game?

I was never a big Dak fan. But looking around the league right now, I'm kind of glad we have him. There's not a lot of really good QBs out there.

The one thing that bothers me about Dak, when was the last time Dallas was down and Dak drove them to a late 4th quarter victory? I don't mean ties. Losing late in the 4th, Dak to the rescue. Does he ever do that?

Daks got 10 comebacks since coming in the league. For comparison Mahomes has 11.

That being said it isn’t and end all be all number as ideally your team has a lead going into the 4th so you don’t have to chase so it’s hard to compare.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Drew Brees missed 5 games with injury in 2019. Teddy bridgewater went 4-1 in his absence. Does that same logic line apply?
Of course it does.

What did the Saints do that year? That's right. They lost in the Wild Card round to Kirk Cousins and Vikings.

You know why? Because Drew Brees wasn't a difference maker on that roster.

Taysom Hill had a better Wild Card game than Brees that year.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Of course it does.

What did the Saints do that year? That's right. They lost in the Wild Card round to Kirk Cousins and Vikings.

You know why? Because Drew Brees wasn't a difference maker on that roster.

Taysom Hill had a better Wild Card game than Brees that year.
But drew Brees was an elite QB. He doesn’t need talent around him to be successful. I’ve heard it here.

Also you’re skating and deflecting from the question. Brees was a difference maker but they won games without him. So with your logic he’s not because they lost in the playoffs? LolZ my lord you’re reaching

Flamma

Reaction score
But drew Brees was an elite QB. He doesn’t need talent around him to be successful. I’ve heard it here.

Also you’re skating and deflecting from the question. Brees was a difference maker but they won games without him. So with your logic he’s not because they lost in the playoffs? LolZ my lord you’re reaching

I see the logic now. Win with him, and win without him. No real difference. That's an overly simplistic take on a game with a lot of moving parts.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score

Brees was 1 year from retirement.

The elite days were over.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
For those that aren’t a fan of the contract and want to move on, I’m honestly curious what your
play would be barring we don’t extend Dak.
the only choice is to go gambling in the draft. or there are a few here with Rush Crush...go figure

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
My God. What a joke.

You know whats amazing to me.

Yall sit here blowing up Hurts like hes the second coming because hes having a good year against a horrible group of teams hes played.

But when Dak beats up on bad teams. Thats what it is. Beating up on bad teams lol. Make up your minds.
les not forget he is surronded by a team that's more talented than the cowboys. they have the better OL, before Goedert injury a better TE, better WRs and a defense as good or better than the cowboys and one of the best running games.... Hurts without all that talent would be a bottom 3rd of the league type QB. credit of philly success goes to their GM for accumulating so much talent and have 2 first round picks next year and adding more. if Hurts doesn't win it all this year, with what's around him, he is bottom 5 type QB

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
les not forget he is surronded by a team that's more talented than the cowboys. they have the better OL, before Goedert injury a better TE, better WRs and a defense as good or better than the cowboys and one of the best running games.... Hurts without all that talent would be a bottom 3rd of the league type QB. credit of philly success goes to their GM for accumulating so much talent and have 2 first round picks next year and adding more. if Hurts doesn't win it all this year, with what's around him, he is bottom 5 type QB

Dak's team went 5-1 without him the past 2 years but yet you will argue with anyone that doesn't think Dak is a top 10 QB, but Hurts is bottom 3 without the guys around him? Why don't you keep that same energy with Dak when it's been proven that he has team around him that he's not even needed on to win games. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Job of an offense is to score more points. job of defense is to allow less points. there is no denying that since Dak's return, the cowboys offense has been much much much much better than when Rush was the QB. some try to spin the wins into the QB plays being equal, which is far from the truth. some of who equating wins to QB stat (and then spinning away when it doesn't suit the argument).

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Matt Cassell never led the Pats to the playoffs.

You should research before blindly agreeing with something.
he led the patriots team to a winning season. only losing out on playoffs based on tie breaker rules. so there have been backup QBs that won, when a top 5 QB went down with injury....right?

cnuball21

Reaction score
I don't even know how it makes him look bad. What's the logic behind it?

There is none…if the offense was the same with both QBs there might be an argument but that’s far from the case.

Flamma

Reaction score
I don't know how anyone could watch those games and think our offense isn't better with Dak at QB. But any team with a good D can win games with a decent backup, no?