News: ESPN: Our NFL QB Council Experts rank the top 10 in 12 skills

blueblood70

Reaction score
8 to 10 is not an unreasonable spot for Dak. Anything higher than maybe 6 and you have rose colored glasses permanently stapled to you head

You can make a case he should be as low as 12. Anything lower and you have an agenda
almost

anything less than 10 is an agenda. Fans not happy with his top 10 Francise starting rankings are straight up hater trolls. 6-10 anywhere is debatable but that where he falls in nearly every possible qb stats.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Which is better than 22 starters. So, how would you replace him?
with 10-12 whiffs like many teams are going through (look at cousins he get the same hate but WASH is still trying to replace him lol) until you land on one lie with the gap before romo..

blueblood70

Reaction score
Herbert is still an ascending player. Some of these ratings for him may be projections, but the sky is the limit with him.

At this point Dak is what he is. A bottom 10 starter who can win with good players around him.
bottom ten??? umm wording is bad that would be 22-32 lmao if that your true definition you need to be banned from sports forums forever, hes a top 10 starting franchise qb and if somehow you are trying to imply a qb ranked 7-10 as a starter in the nfl picked in the 4th round, not have multiple high round picks used to get him, or keep him, or get rid of him is a negative, you need to rethink posting on these forums.

his salary now 7-8th as starter, ranking around same area and like i said we gave up nothing to get him unlike other teams like Denver, Cleveland and the rams not only had to pay these guys , they paid to get rid of other guys and used many high draft picks to acquire them. if you keep These facts in perspective, we were lucky to get Dak without gap after romo..

Reaction score
bottom ten??? umm wording is bad that would be 22-32 lmao if that your true definition you need to be banned from sports forums forever, hes a top 10 starting franchise qb and if somehow you are trying to imply a qb ranked 7-10 as a starter in the nfl picked in the 4th round, not have multiple high round picks used to get him, or keep him, or get rid of him is a negative, you need to rethink posting on these forums.

his salary now 7-8th as starter, ranking around same area and like i said we gave up nothing to get him unlike other teams like Denver, Cleveland and the rams not only had to pay these guys , they paid to get rid of other guys and used many high draft picks to acquire them. if you keep These facts in perspective, we were lucky to get Dak without gap after romo..
It was bad wording. I made another post clarifying.

Dak is top 10. In the 8-10 range for me

Reaction score

Given where QB salaries are today, Dak salary is about right.

But the problem pops up again in a couple of years when it is time for a new contract. What will be his demands then? $50M? $55M a year?

I think he needs to win a Super Bowl to get to those levels

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Well far more smarter people disagree with you.
Logical fallacy aside, you have no idea about who is or isn't smarter than I.

You have the example of one person who thinks Dak is good in the pocket.

Dre11

Reaction score
Logical fallacy aside, you have no idea about who is or isn't smarter than I.

You have the example of one person who thinks Dak is good in the pocket.

I guarantee Bowen is smarter than you on this.

Another tidbit on Daks pocket awareness
Pocket awareness is an aspect of Prescott’s game that may be one of the biggest improvements of all. Throughout college, it was not a strong point, but his mobility got him out of some tough situations. In the pros, he has learned how to survive pressure to make plays downfield or get the ball out on a check down. It shows up multiple times every single week.

https://atozsports.com/dallas/dalla...rhule-compares-dak-prescott-to-manning-brees/

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Pocket awareness is an aspect of Prescott’s game that may be one of the biggest improvements of all. Throughout college, it was not a strong point, but his mobility got him out of some tough situations. In the pros, he has learned how to survive pressure to make plays downfield or get the ball out on a check down. It shows up multiple times every single week.

https://atozsports.com/dallas/dalla...rhule-compares-dak-prescott-to-manning-brees/
See, that was one that actually surprised me. It seems like he has games in which he's absolutely oblivious to pressure that isn't in front of him. It's possible that those times stand out more for me, I suppose, but I wouldn't have thought he'd be in the top ten. Of course, that seems like a subjective stat.

Dre11

Reaction score
See, that was one that actually surprised me. It seems like he has games in which he's absolutely oblivious to pressure that isn't in front of him. It's possible that those times stand out more for me, I suppose, but I wouldn't have thought he'd be in the top ten. Of course, that seems like a subjective stat.

You probably, it sticks out more because if you see a a couple times, people only remembers that, but they don't see all the other times, where he manages the pocket well, it's could be also because he's had some issues early on folks still try to hold on to that and as if he never gets better.

Nav22

Reaction score
I think your opinion on that will be much different by December.
Remember when you told us that Taylor Heinicke would “light us up” and that we should “bet the house on Washington”?

Remember when you told us that Carson Wentz was on Dak’s level, just last season? Before Wentz ate **** and got booted from Indy after a year?

Good times. Glad to see you’re still active on CZ and still pretending you know football, despite your laughingstock status.
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

Kevinicus

Reaction score

Oh yay, a 22 year old writer for A to Z Sports agrees with you. I guess that settles it. :lmao2:

Dre11

Reaction score
Oh yay, a 22 year old writer for A to Z Sports agrees with you. I guess that settles it. :lmao2:

Should I also direct you to Matt Rhule talking about Dak's pocket awareness? Dallas Morning News(can't be posted here) who that 21 year old comments were based off? I mean do you really like looking like a fool?

DFWJC

Reaction score
As I've always said; Dak is not nearly as bad as some here say, nor as good as some others say.
Generally, put him anywhere in the 8-14 range give or take a spot.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
Bottom 10 in everything, but #1 in our hearts, well not my heart, but yours.

But the real question we all want to know is why you continually pound on him like he is the 32 or worst QB in the league?

I think it is obvious that he isn't the best QB in the league, but your overall book of work (dialogue) on Dak Prescott makes a casual football fan feel that he should be shot in the back of the head and left on the dumpster pile for vultures to pick at his bones.

plasticman

Reaction score
It's almost as if they don't want Dak on their lists but they had to in order to appear legit so they pushed him down to the ten spot.

Dak is one of the most accurate passers since he has been in the league. First, he set a rookie record for completion percentage. His career completion percentage is higher than Mahomes, Rodgers, Stafford, Herbert, Brady, and Wilson.

His compete level is at least top five. How many times has he turned a large deficit into a 4th quarter one score difference? The guy is an absolute competitor.

Toughness? 10th place? What a joke! This guy started every single game for three consecutive years beginning in his rookie season. Only six other NFL quarterbacks since 2000 can claim the same.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
What will be his demands then? $50M? $55M a year?

They will most likely pay him what his slot value is. If he is a top 10 QB he will be paid as a top ten QB.

If he is top 20 it will be as such.

The brilliance of any team is to understand when a specific player is going to drop out of of his tier and you get rid of them before that happens.

This is what many pundits have termed the New England way. The players are still good and people question why they are let go.

Scotman

Reaction score
I always find these things...well...silly. Whatever you think of Dak, I don't know how anyone wouldn't rate him as super tough.

The dude had a compound fracture and tried to bang it on the turf to knock everything back in place.