News: ESPN: Our NFL QB Council Experts rank the top 10 in 12 skills

JJHLH1

Reaction score
This is the Golden Age of QB’s.

So many great ones playing right now.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Given where QB salaries are today, Dak salary is about right.

But the problem pops up again in a couple of years when it is time for a new contract. What will be his demands then? $50M? $55M a year?

I think he needs to win a Super Bowl to get to those levels
"He" Him no its they all of them collectively ie let's see Stafford no true sucess in how many years in Detroit, like 12, one year with a TEAM and hes gets one even though he wasn't perfect, i mean 17 INTs , Hes Tony Romo lucky enough to finally get to team who complimented him...Kudos for him but hes the same guy from Detroit with a better team..

Dak needs team a real team all 4 phases going in one direction not team that in payoff's games have few players having their worst games ie lets se you expect a QB by himself to overcome ELEVEN (11) penalties form the OL. Those penalties meant they were getting beat often even when not holding they couldn't hold up, pun intended.

no QB no matter how great can overcome being behind the chains all game over 14 penalties and other issues lie slow officiating crew wrecking the last play and somehow its all on Dak to be a phreaking superhero. Not against that team ie a playoff team. a team that ended up in the NFCCG

there reason even soem of the best qbs of all time ie

Marino zero titles
Farve just one in 19 seasons?
Rogers so far yup just one that year his defense and run game was the best hes played with, no coincidence huh
Drew Brees just one all hose seasons great coaches' good teams just one
Russ wilson -just one also ironic LOB best defense in football those few years some of the best coaching and beast mode- now moved teams
Pmanning also had to move to a more SB ready team to get his 2nd..

that just few and on the flipside players like foles, Eli, dilfer, flacco, and others get to hitch ride on great team and get a ring.. Daks better than most of them or equal to say a Eli but like Romo for whatever reason a few players just ruin the playoff games. That bad luck bad timing or whatever the reason it really hasnt been truly our Qbs that are having bad games it team failure.

Not making excuses but the blame game on qbs needs to stop IDC how much money he makes.

I have yet to see game that in the payoffs say to myself if we had a better qb we would have won or we lost over our QB ie Dak and romo truly have not by themselves lost a playoff game.

whether he gets another deal that not importantly in the now.. what important is the team improves as whole and by playoff time playing their best game not their worst. the defense is now getting better, outside of the OL we have solid team.. well the OL is important hope the FO gets some depth from few late adds before game 1. Dak zeke thsoe WRs and TES wont succeed without the OL coming together and hopefully staying healthy...

Kevinicus

Reaction score

This appears to be, from what I can find, an incorrect paraphrasing by Calvin Watkins part. The more complete quotes from Rhule don't appear to suggest what Watkins suggests.

Not that anyone should really give any weight to the smoke blowing coming from an opposing coach before a game. Hyperbole City right there. Equal weight for the players coach specifically talking about ONE game.

Do you honestly think these are compelling arguments? How often do you need to see Dak completely bail on the pocket, often spinning backwards blindly, not sliding or stepping up in the pocket, and most enraging - running out of bounds for a 2 yard sack, to notice he has deficiencies with awareness?

He occasionally has a good game or two where it looks like maybe his instincts have improved (I thought maybe he had turned the corner after the first few games of 2019), but then he reverts to his typical self.

Dre11

Reaction score
This appears to be, from what I can find, an incorrect paraphrasing by Calvin Watkins part. The more complete quotes from Rhule don't appear to suggest what Watkins suggests.

Not that anyone should really give any weight to the smoke blowing coming from an opposing coach before a game. Hyperbole City right there. Equal weight for the players coach specifically talking about ONE game.

Do you honestly think these are compelling arguments? How often do you need to see Dak completely bail on the pocket, often spinning backwards blindly, not sliding or stepping up in the pocket, and most enraging - running out of bounds for a 2 yard sack, to notice he has deficiencies with awareness?

He occasionally has a good game or two where it looks like maybe his instincts have improved (I thought maybe he had turned the corner after the first few games of 2019), but then he reverts to his typical self.

It wasnt only Calvin, it was phrased that way by another writer at DMN as well. you apparently don't understand pocket awareness, the fact you and only a few over the top fans who criticize Dak shows that.
people that understand pocket awareness understands his pocket awareness is vastly improved from his early years, especially since he worked with Jon Kitna. It's the reason he's ranked where he is in that caategory.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
It wasnt only Calvin, it was phrased that way by another writer at DMN as well. you apparently don't understand pocket awareness, the fact you and only a few over the top fans who criticize Dak shows that.
people that understand pocket awareness understands his pocket awareness is vastly improved from his early years, especially since he worked with Jon Kitna. It's the reason he's ranked where he is in that caategory.

So, no actual direct quote from Rhule can be found?

I understand what pocket awareness is. You brought up Kitna, and he was trying to work with Dak on exactly the problem I have. There's a nice quote where he's describing what he's working on with Dak (being a "pocket engineer"), and it's exactly what I'd like Dak to do. And like I said, it seemed to improve for a few games to start the 2019 season. Unfortunately, it's not the norm, and the issues persist.

This is something that can be seen by anyone who watches the games. It doesn't take a coach or player or whatever "expert" to understand. It's not rocket science.

It sounds like Watkins, and whoever this other DMN writer is, are confusing pocket awareness with pre-snap reads and line-calls. And worse, he used quotation marks for his faulty paraphrase.

“It’s like watching Peyton Manning, it’s like watching Drew Bress call the game at the line of scrimmage. I think what Dak’s doing right now is incredibly impressive,” Rhule said.

Dre11

Reaction score

I understand what pocket awareness is. You brought up Kitna, and he was trying to work with Dak on exactly the problem I have. There's a nice quote where he's describing what he's working on with Dak (being a "pocket engineer"), and it's exactly what I'd like Dak to do. And like I said, it seemed to improve for a few games to start the 2019 season. Unfortunately, it's not the norm, and the issues persist.

This is something that can be seen by anyone who watches the games. It doesn't take a coach or player or whatever "expert" to understand. It's not rocket science.

It sounds like Watkins, and whoever this other DMN writer is, are confusing pocket awareness with pre-snap reads and line-calls. And worse, he used quotation marks for his faulty paraphrase.

Just like I said , he had the issues early in his career and Kitna was brought in to help, he has since become one of the better qbs with pocket awareness as his rank shows, as Rhule described, as Mike Mccarthy described it. Again only you and a few other over the top fans can't see it.

Dre11

Reaction score

He's ranked 7 , that screams bad pocket awareness...lol

Matt Bowen is just making ish up...lol

What the tape says: There's clinic tape here on Dak Prescott. I love his ability to climb and reset the throwing window, or slide to navigate a muddy pocket. And Prescott will hit the eject button against interior pressure, fading to create a new throwing platform with his shoulders square and eyes up to find an open target. -- Bowen

Swagger

Reaction score
Those plays are when his mechanics fail him.
He is probably about 8 in mechanics (he needs to work them nonstop) but much higher in accuracy IMO as he showed versus Herbert.
Not being top 10 in scrambling ability is pretty wild but likely a result of his injury. Prior to injury he was good for about 300 rush yards and 20 1st down via rush per season. That's hardly Lamar Jackson but that really matters.
Where would you have David Carr in accuracy?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score

Do you have examples?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Really do not care about opinions of where he ranks, this game is about winning. I truly believe Dak gives this team the chance to win and win big.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
What has this great Leader accomplished?
LOL....
Concerning your complaint about the scrambling well he is after all the Lego-Man......:muttley:
P-NFLDAL04-G4LE_hero.jpg
Dak obsessed troll.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
He's ranked 7 , that screams bad pocket awareness...lol

Matt Bowen is just making ish up...lol

What the tape says: There's clinic tape here on Dak Prescott. I love his ability to climb and reset the throwing window, or slide to navigate a muddy pocket. And Prescott will hit the eject button against interior pressure, fading to create a new throwing platform with his shoulders square and eyes up to find an open target. -- Bowen
Now you're just referencing this stupid ranking as evidence the stupid ranking is valid. That's taking circular logic to new levels.

No evidence Rhule said what you claim.

Dre11

Reaction score
Now you're just referencing this stupid ranking as evidence the stupid ranking is valid. That's taking circular logic to new levels.

No evidence Rhule said what you claim.

Stupid ranking, so do you disagree where they have the other qbs rank? Are the wrong about Rodgers. Mahommes and the others, or are they just wrong about Dak because it doesn't feed your narrative?...lol.
In your eyes they're all wrong about Dak's pocket awareness, bit your right?

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Stupid ranking, so do you disagree where they have the other qbs rank? Are the wrong about Rodgers. Mahommes and the others, or are they just wrong about Dak because it doesn't feed your narrative?...lol.
In your eyes they're all wrong about Dak's pocket awareness, bit your right?
They're all? It's one guy.

Of course, I'm not going to agree with all of anyone's rankings about anything.

That one is just one that was egregious and so obviously way off.

I wouldn't put Dak in the top 10 in arm strength or touch (tends to rocket some shorter throws) either.

Dre11

Reaction score
They're all? It's one guy.

Of course, I'm not going to agree with all of anyone's rankings about anything.

That one is just one that was egregious and so obviously way off.

I wouldn't put Dak in the top 10 in arm strength or touch (tends to rocket some shorter throws) either.

dont you know all of them vote on the ranking, only 1 gave a write up...lol. it's your opinion its way off, what expertise do you have to make that claim, when these guys aint just pulling it out their butts, they're studying it,

you're telling former players, former Gm's and former quaterback, former personnel they're wrong and you're right...lol

TexasBoys2288

Reaction score
I disagree with the field vision category. Dak seems to often miss seeing wide open receivers.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
dont you know all of them vote on the ranking, only 1 gave a write up...lol. it's your opinion its way off, what expertise do you have to make that claim, when these guys aint just pulling it out their butts, they're studying it,

you're telling former players, former Gm's and former quaterback, former personnel they're wrong and you're right...lol

You have no idea who had what rating for Dak. You have no idea how exactly they arrived at their "group" rankings. You're just assuming a bunch of things you have no basis for.
You're throwing around logical fallacy after logical fallacy.

Going by Bowen's remarks, it much more likely the rest of the group had Dak not an insignificant amount lower in their rankings.
Throwing around "the experts" tells me you're not able to think about this on your own and form your own opinions.