News: ESPN: Packers to play Eagles in Brazil game in Week 1

Chasing6

Reaction score

The game will be played in São Paulo, Brazil, on Friday, Sept. 6 -- one night after the traditional season opener involving the defending Super Bowl champions. It will be the first time since 1970 that the NFL has played a Friday night game in Week 1.
Hopefully the Feagles are the home team.

Chasing6

Reaction score
They are.
I can see coming. Sense every team has an odd number of games - not fair.

Every time will be playing 1 game outside of the US, then it will be back to even with 8 home games and 8 away games.

Or it will quickly be moved to 18 games.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I can see it coming. Sense every team has an odd number of games - not fair.

Every team will be playing 1 game outside of the US, then it will be back to even with 8 home games and 8 away games.

Or it will quickly be moved to 18 games.

Motorola

Reaction score
Hopefully the Feagles are the home team.
They are per the league's designation - like that really matters.
A neutral site game played in a country other than the United States.
Not a "home game" for the Eagles.

Chasing6

Reaction score
They are per the league's designation - like that really matters.
A neutral site game played in a country other than the United States.
Not a "home game" for the Eagles.
Not that it matters in that game, but they now have 1 less home game because of it.

Reactions: CWR

Motorola

Reaction score
Not that it matters in that game, but they now have 1 less home game because of it.
With the advent of the 17-game schedule three years ago (2021 season), that 9th home game is just a throwaway in my opinion.
NFL should just be upfront and state what is the obvious.

Now - just looking at the Packers' side of their upcoming 2024 schedule-- Green Bay actually has NINE LEGITIMATE home games, plus seven road games in NFL stadiums in the U.S., and then the one neutral site game in Brazil.
Too me - that is an unfair advantage to the Packers team - and a bonus to their fans still having 9 home games at Lambeau Field - but only seven true road games.

Chasing6

Reaction score
With the advent of the 17-game schedule three years ago (2021 season), that 9th home game is just a throwaway in my opinion.

Now - just looking at the Packers' side of their upcoming 2024 schedule-- Green Bay actually has NINE LEGITIMATE home games, plus seven road games in NFL stadiums in the U.S., and then the one neutral site game in Brazil.
Too me - that is an unfair advantage to the Packers team - and a bonus to their fans still having 9 home games at Lambeau Field - but only seven true road games.
I agree and Owners will start to complain forcing an 18 game and or more international games

KingCorcoran

Reaction score

It’s a long plane ride to São Paulo. Longer than the flight to Munich.

Motorola

Reaction score
It’s a long plane ride to São Paulo. Longer than the flight to Munich.
Yet Sao Paulo is only one time zone ahead of US eastern time (two for central) versus Hamburg being a six-hour difference (7 ahead of US central time).