News: ESPN: Packers to play Eagles in Brazil game in Week 1

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
Not smart. Brazil not a friend of US. Under the current US president they have decided to cozy up with Russia, and move away from the dollar with other Brics. I don't know what they are thinking at the NFL headquarters. Brazil is not London. I'm glad we aren't going there.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Not smart. Brazil not a friend of US. Under the current US president they have decided to cozy up with Russia, and move away from the dollar with other Brics. I don't know what they are thinking at the NFL headquarters. Brazil is not London. I'm glad we aren't going there.
Every team in the league will be expected to play in the international series’ at some point. The league/teams have licensing agreement in 14 foreign countries, including Ghana. Japan and Australia are on the radar for games soon. Teams will be crossing the international date line. It is getting out of hand.

FVSTONE

Reaction score

The game will be played in São Paulo, Brazil, on Friday, Sept. 6 -- one night after the traditional season opener involving the defending Super Bowl champions. It will be the first time since 1970 that the NFL has played a Friday night game in Week 1.
WHY??????????????

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I hope the rest of the world doesn't get NFL fever. Not because there aren't some positives that could come out of a more global league but to put some dampers on the NFL's ambitions. They are in full on greed mode.

blueblood70

Reaction score
And it’s on peacock. Ain’t doing it!
Well hopefully it's shown on both networks because I'm not paying extra either they can shove that up their *** Roger Goodell and I don't care what you say is much more money hungry and a sellout than Jerry Jones the way he's doing these schedules and rule changes and all this crap that seems to be not good for the fans it is all about the money...

DCwarrior

Reaction score
Well hopefully it's shown on both networks because I'm not paying extra either they can shove that up their *** Roger Goodell and I don't care what you say is much more money hungry and a sellout than Jerry Jones the way he's doing these schedules and rule changes and all this crap that seems to be not good for the fans it is all about the money...
I don’t usually agree with you but you are definitely correct on this one.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
Every team in the league will be expected to play in the international series’ at some point. The league/teams have licensing agreement in 14 foreign countries, including Ghana. Japan and Australia are on the radar for games soon. Teams will be crossing the international date line. It is getting out of hand.
Tell me about it. Australia who is a cherished ally of the US is a long long plane flight. That's just ridiculous.

Motorola

Reaction score
So that people who live there who want to see an NFL game can go see an NFL game
Or -- fans of either team in the U.S. who have the disposable income \ wealth to travel and purchase tickets.
Also -- an inducement to fans to visit a foreign country one may have not considered without the reason \ opportunity of attending a game their team is playing there.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Tell me about it. Australia who is a cherished ally of the US is a long long plane flight. That's just ridiculous.
Is there a stadium in Alice or Falfurrias? Texas claims to be like a whole another country. Perhaps the Texans and Cowboys can offer to play down there. I’ve been to those towns. They are like another country. Might be able to sneak that past the other 30 ownership groups. It would be a long long bus ride.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
I heard that it was supposed to be Cleveland and Philly, but Brasil officials didn't want Watson there.
Definitely don't want someone who went to massage parlors in a pristine and wholesome place like Brasil.

HA HA HA!

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
Is there a stadium in Alice or Falfurrias? Texas claims to be like a whole another country. Perhaps the Texans and Cowboys can offer to play down there. I’ve been to those towns. They are like another country. Might be able to sneak that past the other 30 ownership groups. It would be a long long bus ride.
I don't know the landscape in Texas. I'm a fish out of water in South Jersey. We don't have a football stadium. The closest Pro stadiums are Philadelphia where the Eagles play, and New York Giants. If you're not a fan of either team there's nothing else for you around here.