Video: ESPN: Photos of Greg Hardy's former girlfriend show multiple injuries

Discussion in 'Overtime Zone' started by jobberone, Nov 6, 2015.

1. PA Cowboy Fan

PA Cowboy Fan Well-Known Member

19,192 Messages
    37,306 Likes Received
    Pretty much the way it always was before. Players can't get away with what they used to.;

2. StarOfGlory

StarOfGlory Well-Known Member

1,494 Messages
    1,428 Likes Received
    The prosecutor told the judge that a settlement (no dollar amount specified) had been agreed upon between the parties. Such a move if signed into a contract would be used to prevent any future civil action.

3. StarOfGlory

StarOfGlory Well-Known Member

1,494 Messages
    1,428 Likes Received
    Prosecutors drop a lot of cases they believe they can't win, even though they fully believe that a crime had been committed. No smoking gun there. Even if it had been an emotional reaction a crime would have still been committed. Hell, one of the biggest differences between first degree, second degree, and manslaughter is that with voluntary manslaughter, that is a killing that would otherwise be considered murder but that occurs after the victim has done something to the killer that would cause a reasonable person to lose self-control or act irrationally. It doesn't excuse the act; it merely mitigates the degree of punishment.

4. YosemiteSam

YosemiteSam Unfriendly and Aloof!

45,201 Messages
    19,834 Likes Received
    [​IMG]

5. jobberone

jobberone Kane Ala Staff Member

54,216 Messages
    19,652 Likes Received
    The only reason you didn't read it is because you can't read, Sam. :p

6. VThokie7

VThokie7 Well-Known Member

2,064 Messages
    504 Likes Received
    There is a huge difference between prosecution and conviction. It was more than enough to be prosecuted. Convicted? That's another story.

7. Nightman

Nightman Capologist

27,135 Messages
    24,061 Likes Received
    If the prosecutor had no contact with Ms Holder for months how would he know they reached a settlement? He said no one had contact with her from Nov-Feb but how hard did they try. She frequently updated her Facebook page and spent weeks back at her parents home over the Winter.

He would also know that a settlement to prevent her from testifying would be a crime. So the only way to know that she reached a deal would be if Ms Holder's attorney told him but what kind of attorney would open their client up to criminal charges?

Kaiser likes this.
  8. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

44,263 Messages
    43,764 Likes Received
    The prosecutor got into trouble for making that statement without evidence.

I think the judge said he was on the verge of prosecutorial misconduct.

stasheroo likes this.
  9. fortdick

fortdick Well-Known Member

6,496 Messages
    745 Likes Received
    That would do it!

10. fortdick

fortdick Well-Known Member

6,496 Messages
    745 Likes Received
    And unicorns fart rainbows

11. khiladi

khiladi Well-Known Member

24,820 Messages
    16,556 Likes Received
    They released additional pictures.. These pictures tell us nothing more than we already know...

When you grab a woman whose trying to attack you and have to restrain her, especially when the confrontation borders on close to an hour, bruises are going to happen, especially if your 280 pounds and disprupting offenisve lineman.. All she has on her face is a little bruise under her chin, that kids get when they fall all the time. Ray Rice was on tape and he knocked out his fiance cold.

AND SHE RAN AWAY FROM THE POLICE...

Shows a lot of restraint on Hardy's part actually.. Called 9-11 TWICE and tried to get the coked up girl off HIS property. after he came home and she was there.. He should have filed trespassing charges...

12. khiladi

24,820 Messages
    16,556 Likes Received
    So assault is not assault, unless it's initiated by a male.. Spare me this hypocrisy...

13. khiladi

24,820 Messages
    16,556 Likes Received
    It was ALREADY documented that the NFL made an additional request to see the photos, before they announced the 10 game suspension. The NFL in fact threatened a LAWSUIT over this. We all know they were just trying to cover their tracks to look like they cared. I'm even more surprised the reaction of some on this forum, like it is new news. We were talking about it ad nauseum on this forum.

The nonsense about this whole thing is the media is acting like they are Sherlock Holmes and broke some new story, when in fact, anybody familiar with the Greg Hardy story knows about these events, over 6 months past. I've got friends over here in the DC area acting like this is news, only because Hardy is raising havoc on the DL.

Here is one article from April of this year, proving this:

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/...fl-view-photos-domestic-violence-trial-040115

The great thing about the internet is the media can no longer make up stories that can't be verified in a matter of seconds.

Nightman likes this.
  14. khiladi

24,820 Messages
    16,556 Likes Received
    And another clarification:

Hardy settled so she wouldn't pursue CIVIL litigation, which is totally different from the criminal trial. She doesn't have to prove much in Civil litigation in reality.

Hardy got off from CRIMINAL charges as a separate process, totally independent of this 'financial settlement'. But lets all continue to let the media continue to obfuscate this to smear Hardy.

15. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

76,318 Messages
    43,771 Likes Received
    Wish I could like this 100 times. Folks need to learn the true meaning of RKG.

16. big dog cowboy

76,318 Messages
    43,771 Likes Received
    Another good explaination.

17. cajuncocoa

cajuncocoa ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮

4,236 Messages
    1,638 Likes Received
    She WAS hurt. Did you see the bruises??

The fact that he COULD have done worse isn't the issue. I'm trying to understand what you're saying....as long as he didn't kill her...as long as she could "walk away"...there's nothing to see here?? Is that what you're saying?

Good grief.

HappyOnions and PA Cowboy Fan like this.
  18. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

56,550 Messages
    58,627 Likes Received
    Leave it alone. As I've said, I've done my own homework on the facts

You're not changing my mind and I'm not looking to change yours Charlie Brown.

19. big dog cowboy

76,318 Messages
    43,771 Likes Received
    Not sure why some just can't grasp this.

20. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

56,550 Messages
    58,627 Likes Received
    I think it has everything to do with what is a terrible and upsetting subject matter.

But I think many are quick to assume things given the people and genders involved.