ESPN Radio reporting that Reggie McNeal made a 41 on his Wonderlic....

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
cowboyeric8 said:
I would take him over Young even before the wonderlic, and he can run a 4.3 and has good arm strength and is fairly accurate, if he falls far I wouldn't mind giving him a shot.

A&M QB: 41
Texas QB: 6

At least A&M still has the brains. :)

Yeah, but UT has the trophy. ;)

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
reggie mcneal has a better shot at succeeding in the nfl than vince young does.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
lanecity1975 said:
reggie mcneal has a better shot at succeeding in the nfl than vince young does.

Who knows, all I'm saying is that to discount eithe rone out is lunacy at this point....

However, I will say that anyone dumb enough to make a 6 on what is equivalent to a 5th grade TAKs test better have one Hell of an arm.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Even the best players cant overcome terrible coaching

don't forget overcoming about a dozen injuries to starters...

i cannot remember a team being stricken with the amount of injuries that a&m had to endure this year.

lzppjb

Reaction score
The 6 score is bs. The guy who leaked it has already been forced to apologize and was then fired. I've heard VY's score is still somewhat low, but still higher than Marino, McNair, O'Donnell, etc.

demdcowboys#1

Reaction score
I still cant believe Vince Young got the worst wonderlic score in NFL history, thats pretty embarrasing, regardless of how good he is!!!

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
lzppjb said:
The 6 score is bs. The guy who leaked it has already been forced to apologize and was then fired. I've heard VY's score is still somewhat low, but still higher than Marino, McNair, O'Donnell, etc.
Source?

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Some people have what it takes to get the job done. They don't have the Wonderlic scores, or the proper speech, or the proper look, or the proper music, or the best throwing motion, or the best draft pick status (Brady) or the best receivers, or the best line, or the best running ability or whatever.

But somehow, they find a way to win. And us Americans don't like things we can't see on paper.. The stat proof. We can't understand how some people managed to get it done, but they do.

I don't know how Quincy Carter made it to the playoffs, with that horrible line, and "what do voluntary mean Hambrick" as a running back, and receivers constantly dropping passes (Galloway/Bryant) but he managed to get it done.

I hope that Bledsoe somehow finds a way to get it done, and I don't care how. I don't care if he throws for 50 interceptions, if he can manage to tip toe us into the playoffs, and somehow managed to get us in the SuperBowl and win it, that's all I care about. And that's all any of us should care about, and not someones stupid "Man Made" test. Is their something that can test the heart of a man? Something that can test the poise (Manning Choking/Brady not) the poise of a man. Something to test the leadership that allows other players to get on board with the QB, and get his team the victory?
Until they come out with those tests, I don't give a monkey's *** about those tests.

What good is it to have all the smarts in the world and all the talent in the world, and you can't take home a trophy at the end of the day.
Aikman did not have all of those glamorous passing yards and all the things we brag on QB's for, and all of the great touchdown passes, but at the end of the day, he has what everyone in history that played this game wants. A Super Bowl Trophy.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Cowboy_love_4ever said:
Until they come out with those tests, I don't give a monkey's *** about those tests.
Many others do, including NFL scouts.

TEK2000

Reaction score
demdcowboys#1 said:
I still cant believe Vince Young got the worst wonderlic score in NFL history, thats pretty embarrasing, regardless of how good he is!!!

There ya go.. keep discussing something that has already been shown to not be true.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
TEK2000 said:
By the same place that broke the story in the first place.....

profootballtalk.com
They just said a possible error was made and its being looked into. That actually REINFORCES that he made the 6, but that MAYBE an error was made. They could come back and say that the 6 was correct. I bet not, though. I'm sure what will happen is that he'll never do a retake and the first will be written off as an error.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
lzppjb said:

link?

5mics

Next Year's Champions
Reaction score
cowboyeric8 said:
I would take him over Young even before the wonderlic, and he can run a 4.3 and has good arm strength and is fairly accurate, if he falls far I wouldn't mind giving him a shot.

A&M QB: 41
Texas QB: 6

At least A&M still has the brains. :)
I would take the QB who led his team to a National Championship win.....:bow:

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
BigDFan5 said:
not sure you saw before the thread was moved... but ESPN radio reported his score was actually a 16. Not great, but not as bad as previously reported...

Hadn't heard the rumor that someone was fired for the error, tho.

TEK2000

Reaction score
WoodysGirl said:
not sure you saw before the thread was moved... but ESPN radio reported his score was actually a 16. Not great, but not as bad as previously reported...

Hadn't heard the rumor that someone was fired for the error, tho.

He tied Dan Marino if that's the accurate score.