ESPN Radio reporting that Reggie McNeal made a 41 on his Wonderlic....

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
kartr said:
I don't know about Rivers, he did look okay in college, but I question his arm strength. As for McNeal, I agree his position is at qb,he was on a bad team at A&M and they were poorly coached too. I think Reggie's accuracy is better than Vick's and his speed, arm strength and intelligence are more than adequate. He just needs to go a team that has a decent supporting cast and good coaching and be given the same amount time to develop that Hasselbeck was given and he'll be alright.

Rivers has the "X-Factor"... he is a winner...

I agree on McNeal... if he is given a chance and the right situation, he can be a quality QB in the NFL... he needs to bulk up a bit... specifically his legs...

kartr

Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
oh you didn't lnow? Jets would have never made the playoffs without those 3 games Carter played in 2004

and evidently going to such bowls as the oahu bowl, and outback bowl are considered good lmao

Carter beat both Aaron Brooks and Drew Brees in his bowl game appearances and had running backs such as Jasper Sanks and Olandis Gary and receivers such as Champ Bailey, a corner, playing receiver and that other receiver was 5'10" 160 lb possession receiver who became a udfa for Atlanta.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
kartr said:
I don't know about Rivers, he did look okay in college, but I question his arm strength. As for McNeal, I agree his position is at qb,he was on a bad team at A&M and they were poorly coached too. I think Reggie's accuracy is better than Vick's and his speed, arm strength and intelligence are more than adequate. He just needs to go a team that has a decent supporting cast and good coaching and be given the same amount time to develop that Hasselbeck was given and he'll be alright.

I'm an Ags homer, but no one will ever convince me McNeal isn't something special after watching him beat Oklahoma in his rookie year. Watching that game was sort of like the saying "Ya had me at hello." :D It's a shame Robert Ferguson couldn't have been just a few years younger. He looked like a man among boys on Kyle Field. Would have loved to have him and McNeal hook up for a few years.

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
kartr said:
Carter beat both Aaron Brooks and Drew Brees in his bowl game appearances and had running backs such as Jasper Sanks and Olandis Gary and receivers such as Champ Bailey, a corner, playing receiver and that other receiver was 5'10" 160 lb possession receiver who became a udfa for Atlanta.

What is it with you and Quincy Carter? The guy is out of the league for a reason, and if he was the reason the Jets made the playoffs 2 years ago and that much better than Pennington, I expect Pennington to get cut and Carter to be the starting QB of the New York Jets this year. That is if your logic holds any water.

Get over it, the guy is a bum, and is struggling to stay above water.

Thick 'N Hearty

Reaction score
trickblue said:
Rivers has the "X-Factor"... he is a winner...

I agree on McNeal... if he is given a chance and the right situation, he can be a quality QB in the NFL... he needs to bulk up a bit... specifically his legs...

How many games ha Rivers won in the NFL?

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
the DoNkEy PuNcH said:
How many games ha Rivers won in the NFL?

That has nothing to do with anything at this point...

My point was that he has always been a winner and I THINK he will be a fantastic NFL QB... that is what I said...

It was an opinion piece... rhetorical questions don't add to the discussion dp... ;)

Derinyar

Reaction score
I think Franchione has regressed McNeal. Hes backed him off into an option QB. I think he did better under Slocumb, I think McNeal was probaly a better player in his first two years than in his last two years.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Derinyar said:
I think Franchione has regressed McNeal. Hes backed him off into an option QB. I think he did better under Slocumb, I think McNeal was probaly a better player in his first two years than in his last two years.
:signmast: