Image: ESPN ranks Cowboys 3rd best chance to win NFC (May 17)

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree. I highly doubt we go 6-0 again in the division. And if the Eagles beat us, it will be due to a great day running. No way that team is winning through the air.

I wouldn't sleep on the skins either. That was the best DL in the NFL on paper before a calamity of injuries.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
You as a fan have 100% control over whether or not you want to look foolish or not.

So, let's not use that as an excuse for horribly biased takes while getting all butthurt at anybody that doesn't have this team winning the Super Bowl.

I cannot, under good faith, just sit back and allow delusion to prosper. It's not good for the poster or the people reading it. We mustn't not feed into it as it's not healthy.

Foolish for pulling for my team? really

So any fan who supports and backs their team is foolish? what control do any of us have, running around slamming the team and anything they do I will not say makes you look foolish it just make you look pathetic, See you don't have to pull for the Cowboys, there are 31 other teams out there and according to you most are better than the Cowboys. really that is foolish to support a team you hate what is the point? As I said I get why some are a bit pessimistic. I freely admit is I am 100% Cowboys fan, I will side with them 100% because I am a fan, does not mean I do not see weakness and strength of this team but coming here daily to slam this team is beyond pathetic.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Coach, Have to disagree, the Eagles added an all pro Wideout, and did not have the talent loss we had in Coop and Randy.
They had a stronger draft than us, and their picks could step up just as easy as ours could.
Bottom line, the Eagles gained talent while we lost some.
Be interesting to see how much the gap has closed.

I agree that the Eagles definitely got better and it will show this year. And Hurts has another year of maturity. The Eagles will be no pushovers. But I see a split with them at worst. The biggest issue is the Eagles cake walk schedule. Easier then ours.

I'm not buying the last talent thing. Especially not on defense. Our talent is better on defense today and will be more mature.

Yah you can say going from Cooper to Tolbert is a talent loss, but we had loads of talent already in pass catchers with Lamb, Gallup, Shultz. And now you add Washington, Tolbert, and the rookie TE to that mix. Give me Smith the rookie over Connor Williams all day long.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Rams, Bucs, and Dallas/GB are a push imo

The 9ers are a qb away from being scary as well.

The talent has fled to the AFC, which is why I'd have loved an aggressive "all in" approach in FA.

What the Cowboys did in FA was the right move. This team isnt ready for all in. And the all in approach you wanted would have handicapped them cap wise for the next 2 or 3 years.

The way they have done it now they have full control over their cap and will be in great shape over the next 2 or 3 years especially with Zeke coming off after this season.

Williams and Fowler replace Gregory, Smith replaces Connor Williams and Tolbert and the rookie TE replace the Cooper loss. Now even if immediate returns dont go our way in that decision, its much better going forward. In reality, a 3rd year Lamb is the one replacing Cooper and to me that is an upgrade.

blueblood70

Reaction score

So any fan who supports and backs their team is foolish? what control do any of us have, running around slamming the team and anything they do I will not say makes you look foolish it just make you look pathetic, See you don't have to pull for the Cowboys, there are 31 other teams out there and according to you most are better than the Cowboys. really that is foolish to support a team you hate what is the point? As I said I get why some are a bit pessimistic. I freely admit is I am 100% Cowboys fan, I will side with them 100% because I am a fan, does not mean I do not see weakness and strength of this team but coming here daily to slam this team is beyond pathetic.
:popcorn::hammer:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
CWR, Exactly what did we do to fix out run game?
We drafted a raw Olineman that has potential, while losing 2 starting Olinemen.
You could make a case that our Offense took a step back since last year especially with the lose of Coop.
BTW, Like your posts, just wanted to understand your position...

Tyler Smith is a beast in the run game and will be much better than Williams. We also added the 4th round TE that can both catch and block. Thats a blocking improvement over jarwin. The run game was much better the first half of the year with Steele at RT then it was with Collins at RT. I dont think we lose anything there. And we saved 15 million doing it.

Then you have Zeke healthy, which personally I dont put a lot of stock in.

blueblood70

Reaction score

right we are called Homers as if that's a negative... i mean isn't a Fan supposed to look froward to the season and support the team..sure we can debate bad play and bad games but all offseason predicting doom and claiming the season is a failure before it starts .

i mean they hate the entire team top to bottom but claim to be fans..i never understood how these haters , fake fans seem to call real fans homers..umm we are, its the team we support and hope they do well..when they don't we can discus it but the 75% of zoners here seem to be actual non fans..old gard fans who turned on jerry and now come in to hate on real fans..its insidious. they want to drag us into their gloom...

lmao

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score

You thinking it makes you a surpieror fan because you're willing to think with your heart instead of your brain don't mean much. Being delusional does not make you better.

"If you don't think the Cowboys will be good then you must find a new team or you're just an Eagles fan trying to troll blah blah blah" - That's what ya'll do. That's ya'll's go to.

The foolishness comes in when you say things you don't really mean thinking if you give your honest opinion you're somehow less of a fan. That's as foolish as it gets. Say what you mean and don't allow your bias to speak for you.

You don't really believe Dak is great or the Cowboys are great, so why fake it? I've offered you and others to put my account on the line against yours to stand by what we mean. You and all those others refused every time. The fakeness is real and that's where I won't just sit back and let anyone bad mouth anyone else that doesn't share their thoughts, because they don't really believe them their selves. Maybe it upsets them to see people with the ability to post their honest thoughts without hiding being a biased curtain and they're jealous of that? I don't know, but a lot of them do seem to fall into that "Find another team" or "you're just an Eagles fan" talk when someone doesn't think 17-0 Super Bowl run for the Cowboys.

At the end of the day the doom and gloomers like myself are right while you guys are wrong. We'll stop being doom and gloom when we stop being right. When will you eternal optimist stop falling for the fools gold every year is the real question?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
You thinking it makes you a surpieror fan because you're willing to think with your heart instead of your brain don't mean much. Being delusional does not make you better.

"If you don't think the Cowboys will be good then you must find a new team or you're just an Eagles fan trying to troll blah blah blah" - That's what ya'll do. That's ya'll's go to.

The foolishness comes in when you say things you don't really mean thinking if you give your honest opinion you're somehow less of a fan. That's as foolish as it gets. Say what you mean and don't allow your bias to speak for you.

You don't really believe Dak is great or the Cowboys are great, so why fake it? I've offered you and others to put my account on the line against yours to stand by what we mean. You and all those others refused every time. The fakeness is real and that's where I won't just sit back and let anyone bad mouth anyone else that doesn't share their thoughts, because they don't really believe them their selves. Maybe it upsets them to see people with the ability to post their honest thoughts without hiding being a biased curtain and they're jealous of that? I don't know, but a lot of them do seem to fall into that "Find another team" or "you're just an Eagles fan" talk when someone doesn't think 17-0 Super Bowl run for the Cowboys.

At the end of the day the doom and gloomers like myself are right while you guys are wrong. We'll stop being doom and gloom when we stop being right. When will you eternal optimist stop falling for the fools gold every year is the real question?

I'm not looking to be superior again I'm a fan I back my team 100% I am a Cowboys fan and have been since 1965 I have gone through the good and the bad. I think Dak is a fine QB and a QB this team can with win. Would not call him elite but again a QB this team can win with. Lastly I don't want you to stop doom and gloom I just want you to go away, you are not a fan you do not support this team you come here trolling nothing more. You have no clue as to how to run a football team just the ability to run your mouth.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
right we are called Homers as if that's a negative... i mean isn't a Fan supposed to look froward to the season and support the team..sure we can debate bad play and bad games but all offseason predicting doom and claiming the season is a failure before it starts .

i mean they hate the entire team top to bottom but claim to be fans..i never understood how these haters , fake fans seem to call real fans homers..umm we are, its the team we support and hope they do well..when they don't we can discus it but the 75% of zoners here seem to be actual non fans..old gard fans who turned on jerry and now come in to hate on real fans..its insidious. they want to drag us into their gloom...

lmao

I agree, I am a fan period. I pull for the Cowboys not shy about that at all hell I take pride in it. I am also a fan of the game of football and I see both strength and weakness this team has. I hope to see them play to their strength and overcome weakness. Bottom line I'm a fan win, lose or draw always have been always will be

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I'm not looking to be superior again I'm a fan I back my team 100% I am a Cowboys fan and have been since 1965 I have gone through the good and the bad. I think Dak is a fine QB and a QB this team can with win. Would not call him elite but again a QB this team can win with. Lastly I don't want you to stop doom and gloom I just want you to go away, you are not a fan you do not support this team you come here trolling nothing more. You have no clue as to how to run a football team just the ability to run your mouth.
You have been fooled for 26 straight years and you're rearing up for 27, but I'm not a fan because I'd rather they prove me wrong instead of blindly buying in every year like you do? I was fooled for about the first 10 years after 1996, but I wised up to it, and now I'm in a "prove me wrong" state of mind when it comes to the Cowboys.

You really think that makes you a better fan somehow don't ya? It only makes you look incredibly foolish when it comes to football knowledge, but Jerry appreciates the delusion from you and others like you. As long as you guys are around he has no reason to build anything more than a team that wins the NFC East every few years. Ya'll eat that up every time.

jujoboys

Reaction score
I would change #3 and 4. I think the Cowboys were the 4th or 5th best in the NFC last year and haven't really seen them improve that team.

It took everything Tampa had to beat us in Tampa last year. What have they done to improve? The 3 biggest producers for them in that game may not even be on the field when they play us in the 1st game of the season. Antonio Brown had 5 catches for 121 yds and 1 TD against Dallas last year. He is gone. Chris Godwin had 9 catches for 105 yds and 1 TD last year. He may not play due to his torn ACL injury. Rob Gronkowski had 9 catches for 90 yds and 2 TDs He has not signed and may end up retiring. Their backup TE, OJ Howard, left for free agency. Suh and JPP haven't been signed. JPP didn't have a good year last year but Suh had 6 sacks from the DT position.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hope they're right.

2022-01-05-5.png

Superbowl......:muttley:

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
It took everything Tampa had to beat us in Tampa last year. What have they done to improve? The 3 biggest producers for them in that game may not even be on the field when they play us in the 1st game of the season. Antonio Brown had 5 catches for 121 yds and 1 TD against Dallas last year. He is gone. Chris Godwin had 9 catches for 105 yds and 1 TD last year. He may not play due to his torn ACL injury. Rob Gronkowski had 9 catches for 90 yds and 2 TDs He has not signed and may end up retiring. Their backup TE, OJ Howard, left for free agency. Suh and JPP haven't been signed. JPP didn't have a good year last year but Suh had 6 sacks from the DT position.
Amari Cooper - 13 Catches, 139 yards, 2 TDS - Gone
Gallup - OUT
Wilson - GONE

It works both ways.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
You have been fooled for 26 straight years and you're rearing up for 27, but I'm not a fan because I'd rather they prove me wrong instead of blindly buying in every year like you do? I was fooled for about the first 10 years after 1996, but I wised up to it, and now I'm in a "prove me wrong" state of mind when it comes to the Cowboys.

You really think that makes you a better fan somehow don't ya? It only makes you look incredibly foolish when it comes to football knowledge, but Jerry appreciates the delusion from you and others like you. As long as you guys are around he has no reason to build anything more than a team that wins the NFC East every few years. Ya'll eat that up every time.

I'm sorry no one is being fooled, in those years I have seen teams that I knew were not good such as the Dave Campo years so my expectation were much lower. Parcells years gave legit hope that he could turn this around but Bill did not have the stamina to continue on which many of us knew when he took the job. Garrett Years was up and down, never able to put teams in back to back winning season and now McCarthy and his staff unsure if they can get it done but more than happy with give him a chance to achieve what no one else has since the 90's. I don't think as a fan I'm no better than any other fan, what I think is we have people who come here and do nothing but bad mouth and slam this team regardless of anything they do or say and make you wonder what the hell are they pulling for? It certainly is not the Cowboys.

Lastly Jerry is going to do what he wants regardless of how I feel, what I hope to see from Jerry is putting a team on the field with talent that has a chance to win. I think this current group of players does have talent and can challenge but just as we see with other teams like GB and Buffalo it takes a lot to make it to the SB, 1st thing is you got to reach the post season and then play your best ball on that day. There is no series it is 1 game winner take all and loser season comes to an end. For Dallas I think our chances are better than some and not as good as others but we will play the games and see who is standing in the end.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I'm sorry no one is being fooled, in those years I have seen teams that I knew were not good such as the Dave Campo years so my expectation were much lower. Parcells years gave legit hope that he could turn this around but Bill did not have the stamina to continue on which many of us knew when he took the job. Garrett Years was up and down, never able to put teams in back to back winning season and now McCarthy and his staff unsure if they can get it done but more than happy with give him a chance to achieve what no one else has since the 90's. I don't think as a fan I'm no better than any other fan, what I think is we have people who come here and do nothing but bad mouth and slam this team regardless of anything they do or say and make you wonder what the hell are they pulling for? It certainly is not the Cowboys.

Lastly Jerry is going to do what he wants regardless of how I feel, what I hope to see from Jerry is putting a team on the field with talent that has a chance to win. I think this current group of players does have talent and can challenge but just as we see with other teams like GB and Buffalo it takes a lot to make it to the SB, 1st thing is you got to reach the post season and then play your best ball on that day. There is no series it is 1 game winner take all and loser season comes to an end. For Dallas I think our chances are better than some and not as good as others but we will play the games and see who is standing in the end.
I'll bad mouth and slam them until they get their act together and build a real winner. It's the same old song and dance every single year with this organization. A real fan would stop buying the fools gold every year. If you're not expecting better from this organization then you're part of the problem. A fan should expect winners. They should not be satisfied with "good enough" every few years.

Jerry knows that if we can win the NFC East once ever 3 years or so then fans like yourself will believe that in those next 3 years we have a real shot, rinse and repeat. When the belief from those delusional fans starts to waver then boom! Another NFC East win to hold ya over for another 3 years.

We never build on success. We went 12-5 last year, with half our wins in our crap division, and then sent packing as soon as we faced decent competition. It remains to be seen, but by all accounts we got worse and failed to maintain, let alone upgrade, the positions we let walk away.

Demand better and voice it or stay satisfied with the crap you're given. You know where I stand and I know where you stand.

jujoboys

Reaction score
Amari Cooper - 13 Catches, 139 yards, 2 TDS - Gone
Gallup - OUT
Wilson - GONE

It works both ways.

The poster commented about Dallas not making any improvements to the roster from last year so how did they jump TB? It was a given that he was referring to the players that Dallas would be without so why would I rehash what is known? I was just responding to let him know that Tampa hasn't had an overwhelming offseason either and that they were missing quite a few players from last year too. Never did i mention Dallas was a better team but this could be the reasoning behind Dallas being ahead of Tampa in the article.

Flamma

Reaction score
I wouldn't sleep on the skins either. That was the best DL in the NFL on paper before a calamity of injuries.

I'm actually not sleeping on the Skins. I think the Eagles are the only team we should sweep. The other two teams have capable QBs. The skins and Giants when healthy can be a problem.