News: ESPN: Source: Browns QB Watson suspended 6 games

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
End of day it will be on Watson to now not air hump massage therapists.
We shall see who that goes.
These chester the mol type dudes dont seem to stop.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
o_O
297046482_5758606600852647_6014995013743644747_n.jpg

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I was being sarcastic

I figured that out. I hope he is cleared by the NFL but I will say it is the actions of players that they end up putting their careers into the hands of the NFL. Most players can play their entire career with no suspension it should not be that hard to stay out of trouble

baltcowboy

Reaction score

Seems the players are seeing the lack of evenness in this suspensions also.

I hope they keep speaking out.

Not really players betting on games can make the NFL look like pro wrestling. That is the last thing the league would want. Betting on games would go right out the window and so would billions of dollars. There is a reason that Pete Rose will never be allowed in the Hall of Fame.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
The NFL is about as consistent as a 13 year old. I expected this guy to be out half a season at least.
Has nothing to do with the NFL. The NFL wanted to suspend him an entire year but were only allowed a maxium of 6 games per judge.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
We’ll see if the league accepts the 6 game suspension or will appeal since it fell short of their recommendations.

Or the league could simply take the high road saying they argued for more but accept the ruling.

The league could also argue pending the upcoming trials next year that more discipline could be forthcoming.

Of course they will...........trust me, they want this to simply go away. The dirty work was done by Robinson. The league used her platform to give the appearance of going hard after him but the truth is they never thought his behavior was that serious. IF they did, Goodell could have suspended him at least a year ago or at a minimum placed him on the exempt list. He did neither......

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Uhhh………….lame-ooooooooooooooo!

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
The league can’t control what the judge rules . Unlike before when the Commish made the decisions .
The NFL has 3 days to appeal the decision.

If either side appeals then Goddell will make the decision on the suspension.

So, no the NFL does not have control over the judge's decisions, but they can appeal and then suspend him however long they want.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The NFL has 3 days to appeal the decision.

If either side appeals then Goddell will make the decision on the suspension.

So, no the NFL does not have control over the judge's decisions, but they can appeal and then suspend him however long they want.
The fact that there was a suspension gives him that right to add or reduce.

He's got a female judge handing this down and I think he just wants this behind him.

Creeper

Reaction score
Watson should have gotten a full year at least, but an indefinite suspension like they gave Randy Gregory would have been more appropriate. Just think, Gregory was suspended indefinitely for smoking pot. Watson gets 6 games after more than 20 women filed complaints against him - and there may be as many as 40 others out there who have not yet. In the meantime, Watson still have 4 ongoing civil complaints.

Anyone still want to believe Goodell is not biased against the Cowboys?