News: ESPN: Source: Browns QB Watson suspended 6 games

Reid1boys

Reaction score
The revenge part of me says Jerry/Zeke should file a $100MM lawsuit against Goodell. The smart play would be just ignore it, water under the bridge. He should have gotten a 150 game suspension to be fair.

Do you even understand that Goodell did not hand down this punishment? So saying they are unfair is just foolish. New process now vs Zeke.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The revenge part of me says Jerry/Zeke should file a $100MM lawsuit against Goodell. The smart play would be just ignore it, water under the bridge. He should have gotten a 150 game suspension to be fair.

So you think asking for a happy ending is worse than beating your GF? And lets remember that Zeke did it during a time when beating your GF was all in the news with Ray Rice and the NFL not doing enough with that.

And dont bother telling me no charges were brought up. They werent brought up with Watson either.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
You're probably right.

They will do something, but do nothing at the same time.

It's all about saving face, but I don't think they're able to do that in this situation.

Agree 100%........ Goodell could have suspended him a year ago and let the chips fall as they may. Hell he didn't bother putting him on the exempt list but now they wanna say oh, this is serious.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I agree the decision, 2 courts found not enough evidence to convict. We have to go with the facts whether we like it or not. If these women chose to settle for money instead of taking him to court, then they have possibly put other women in danger of SA and their character should definitely be questioned.

In danger of what exactly?

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
So you think asking for a happy ending is worse than beating your GF? And lets remember that Zeke did it during a time when beating your GF was all in the news with Ray Rice and the NFL not doing enough with that.

And dont bother telling me no charges were brought up. They werent brought up with Watson either.

+1

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score

Then why did Zeke not get sued by her? Watson had multiple lawsuits.

kskboys

Reaction score
Agree 100%........ Goodell could have suspended him a year ago and let the chips fall as they may. Hell he didn't bother putting him on the exempt list but now they wanna say oh, this is serious.

I'm iffy on that, because the NFL desperately wants them to go away. I'm thinking their line of thought is that this is their out to end this. At present, they are gauging the public's reaction and trying to decide which way makes them more money.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
That zeke suspension looks even more ridiculous now
Tom Brady was suspended only 2 less games for maybe knowing that a football was not fully inflated.

If this suspension does not get extended that means the NFL will accept that there's only a 2 game difference between 20+ assault allegations and and an deflated football allegation.

ESisback

Reaction score
uhmm.... he is the equivalent to Pete Rose.... you can beat your girlfriend, but dont you dare bet on games.
And Rose merely bet on his own team to win, which he couldn’t control, except by trying to win on the field like anyone else! Someone disliked Rose and blackballed him, and it became a generational tradition by spiteful league officials. Watson commits a crime and gets 6 games?!? Beyond farce!

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Then why did Zeke not get sued by her? Watson had multiple lawsuits.

You would have to ask her. Anyone can sue anyone for anything. Suing someone doesnt mean they did it.

With Watson where were the other 23 women before the first one filed?

Once one filed, then they all came jumping on for their shot at the money. And it looks like they are all getting what they wanted.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score

Not shocked one bit to see Roy take this side.

Especially if he can be a little anti-Zeke while he's at it.

kskboys

Reaction score
Tom Brady was suspended only 2 less games for maybe knowing that a football was not fully inflated.

If this suspension does not get extended that means the NFL will accept that there's only a 2 game difference between 20+ assault allegations and and an deflated football allegation.
Altering NFL eqmt is against the rules in the NFL. Brady should've gotten a full season.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
On the flipside, the NFL mostly just wants this to go away. If they appeal, they just lengthened this issue.

Look at every decision they make as about money, and then everything becomes clear. Do they make more money if they suspend him two more games? The mediator gave them an out. I'd be surprised if they don't take it and run.
So true that it’s always about money. The ONLY reason the NFL started using their “conduct policy” was to protect their product. When it comes to right and wrong, the NFL is only on the side that will produce the most cash.