News: ESPN: Woman files defamation suit against Jerry Jones

Rayman70

Reaction score
they know its now or never because Jerrah is near the end of his rope we call life.

stiletto

Reaction score
Hope she takes him for all he is worth
What if she made it all up? NEVER root for people to get away with stuff like this without proof. Doesn't matter how much you hate the person being accused.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I am certainly no fan of Jerry, nor do I know this woman, but you have to be famous to be defamed. Or in other words, lose money because someone is lying about you. Most ordinary people cannot be defamed. Since nothing someone can say about you causes a financial loss.
Eh, don't know about that. Any ordinary person can lose their job based on some lie someone told and that would impact them financially. Also, a business owner targeted by some defamation scheme.

csirl

Reaction score
I am certainly no fan of Jerry, nor do I know this woman, but you have to be famous to be defamed. Or in other words, lose money because someone is lying about you. Most ordinary people cannot be defamed. Since nothing someone can say about you causes a financial loss.
There doesnt have to be any financial loss. Reputational loss is enough e.g. people in your locality dont like you because of something untruthful that was said.

One thing about civil lawsuits like this is that there arent many options for redress other than monetary compensation. Its the way courts work.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It is defamation of character and financial loss really isn’t part of it.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I have no opinion on the woman, her claims or how it relates to Jerry for that matter, but in general I do find it funny when someone says, "I'm not doing it for the money!" and then proceeds to file lawsuit for a lot of money.
actions speak much louder than words. I knew this was coming from day one. Funny how this woman never cared too much about knowing with a DNA test who her daddy was... until the money stopped coming, then her mental health demanded she know.

As someone who grew up not round his biological father... I couldnt care less about the man. Only thing I am bothered by is I really dont know mu family history.

BUT... If my daddy was worth 8 billion... maybe I would have cared, who knows.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I can easily picture this thing either being settled out of court or dragging on for altogether too long. I suspect it's most likely to be settled at some point in the not-too-distant future to avoid the backlash of publicity that might well ensue for Jerry as an apparently selfish scumbag. No doubt, this isn't the first time such an accusation has been leveled against him. It has ended up being settled out of court before in the past. Let's see if that circumstance repeats itself yet again in the near future. This is far from a good look for Jerry and his seemingly wandering ways. It won't likely go away easily.

Last edited:

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
If she's not a cap girl then I think she needs to fight for a part of the team. At this point this girl is our only hope!

Creeper

Reaction score
I don't know about everyone else but I am so sick of all these lawsuits. They always smell of lawyers trying to get a big payday by taking 1/3 of the eventual settlement or award.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Yawn.. and not even a full yawn.. just one of those that you barely open your mouth for..