News: ESPN: Woman files defamation suit against Jerry Jones

offlimits

Reaction score
Hope she takes him for all he is worth
I live here and I know for a fact that the Jones family has massive real estate holdings that are probably in the neighborhood of 2-3 billion. It is in a trust and this woman can never get her greedy hands on this. You might think that Jones is an idiot but he hires the best legal advice. Jones has been buying up land here in Frisco for the last 20 years.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I have no opinion on the woman, her claims or how it relates to Jerry for that matter, but in general I do find it funny when someone says, "I'm not doing it for the money!" and then proceeds to file lawsuit for a lot of money.
"I'm not doing it for the money, BUT i wont be giving the money to charity either...."

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Jerry refuses to do a DNA test.
and?Unless a court compels him to, and I am unsure as to why it would. He clearly will owe no child support, the woman is a full adult out of college, Jerry made his agreement with mom and he met all of his obligations per the agreement. I am not sure why a court could possibly care if he is the father at this point.

Haimerej

Reaction score
IM pretty sure this woman was getting a check every year for her entire life.... thats being taking care of
No, it's not. That's throwing money at your illegitimate child in hopes of the public not learning of your infidelity.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
She is either his or not if not stand still and fight it ....now if she is his he has to take her as one of his own he has to man up

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
In TV this is called a rerun.
you mean

fredberry.jpg

erod

Reaction score
and?Unless a court compels him to, and I am unsure as to why it would. He clearly will owe no child support, the woman is a full adult out of college, Jerry made his agreement with mom and he met all of his obligations per the agreement. I am not sure why a court could possibly care if he is the father at this point.
It was a response to another post.

Make no difference to me. I already know Jerry is a POS.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am certainly no fan of Jerry, nor do I know this woman, but you have to be famous to be defamed. Or in other words, lose money because someone is lying about you. Most ordinary people cannot be defamed. Since nothing someone can say about you causes a financial loss.
Fame is not a requirement of defamation. There are billions of people who lack fame but possess what they consider as personal reputation and integrity. An accuser must prove either were maliciously harmed verbally or by printed assertions.

ESisback

Reaction score
They’ve been after Skeletor for years. Kinda reminds me of that other guy they’re obsessed with…

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I like it.

A class-action mental anguish type of thing.
I have seen some extremely frivolous lawsuits filed through the years and this one would not be the exception BUT it would be the exact sort of thing that would piss Jones off royally.

I LOVE IT! :muttley:

starfan1

Reaction score
the defense team of the accuser has said there is no truth to the claim they said that its gonna cost jerruh Dak or Zeke money for this to go away.

ESisback

Reaction score
I can’t help thinking some of these legal wranglings with Skeletor are just attempts to distract and negatively impact football operations. Besides, the salacious drama involving the man who embodies the corporate evil wealthy old guy is very rating$ friendly.

Motorola

Reaction score
He’s never actually denied it. He just basically said no comment for ages while he supported her, and her mother, providing for her hundreds of thousands of dollars.

She’s just angry that she’s not an heiress.
Hence why Davis was not suing for a "sum amount" a year ago.
She wants in on the empire...and being on equal footing with Stephen, Charlotte, and Jerry Jr.

SinceDayOne

Reaction score
Like a good soap opera there is a new episode all the time. Hopefully this baby mama/love child story will have a good clear and final episode before long. True paternity will be established and the extorsion issue settled out of or resolved by verdict in court. Until then the opera plays on and on and on. I will say this 26 yr old woman is a fighter and giving Jerry tough time. He probably thinks it is a night mare and not a soap opera.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
No, it's not. That's throwing money at your illegitimate child in hopes of the public not learning of your infidelity.
Legally, yes it is... and thats all we are talking about. Illegitimate child... I dont care one bit about. The child and the momma had no problems with this arrangement as long as the cash was flowing. As soon as the cash stopped flowing, now she wants to know her daddy.