ESPNews: Jason Garrett Top Candidate

Um, Oakland did two days ago.

BUt to be fair, Andy Reid was hired as a QB coach, having never been an offensive coordinator.
 
ThreeSportStar80;1335952 said:
I surely hope the Cowboys think hard about their future with this decision!

I certainly hope Stephen thinks hard about committing his deddy.
 
Bob Dole;1335950 said:
Um, Oakland did two days ago.

BUt to be fair, Andy Reid was hired as a QB coach, having never been an offensive coordinator.

and to be more fair,, Reid had extensive experience coaching in the NFL before he got a HC position. Jason G as 2 years of coaching experience, at any level.
 
Kiffin has been coaching for 6 years and is the son of a coach. Even so, that's not an organization I look to for inspiration. lol.

Don't get me started on Andy Reid's monumental game mismanagements....
 
Bob Dole;1335950 said:
Um, Oakland did two days ago.

BUt to be fair, Andy Reid was hired as a QB coach, having never been an offensive coordinator.


Hi "Bob" :D

How about that Jerruh!!??!!
 
So apparently anyone can coach the crown jewel franchise of the NFL, even one-time backups QBs. Brilliant.
 
Cowboy4ever;1335957 said:
and to be more fair,, Reid had extensive experience coaching in the NFL before he got a HC position. Jason G as 2 years of coaching experience, at any level.

Hey, Bob Dole thinks the move is dumb as hell. At this point Bob Dole is just trying to find any slight glimmer of hope, but it's pretty clear this team is moving back to the Campo era where Jerry calls all the shots.
 
The only Ivy League headcoach in the NFL would be our very own favorite backup quarterback turned HC, Jason Garrett.

His resume: Princeton Class of 1991
Dallas Cowboy Quarterback 1992-1999
3 Super Bowl Rings

New York Giant Quarterback 2000-2003

Miami Dolphin Quarterback 2004

Miami Assistant coach/ Quarterbacks 2005-2006

Competing for his services this offseason are:

The Cleveland Browns-denied permission to talk about promoting him to OC.
LSU-turned down offer to be OC under Les Miles
Alabama- turned down former boss Nick Saban for the post of OC.
The Miami Dolphins- Under consideration for promotion to OC.
The Dallas Cowboys- reportedly a candidate for headcoach.
 
bbgun;1335965 said:
So apparently anyone can coach the crown jewel franchise of the NFL, even one-time backups QBs. Brilliant.


I am emailing my resume to Jerry tonight... I played 12 years and coached for 15,, I should be a lock!!
 
I think if Garrett gets the Job he has until the new stadium opens to prove he has the goods... or Jerry will find someone who can sell tickets!!!


I like Garrett I think with any HC its about the staff he acquires!!! If he can get some good coaches coaches who can teach... he will be fine and the so called talent on this team will actually improve their play!!!
 
Im not totally against this but you'd think that we would wait to interview more people, its not like he's going anywhere.
 
Crown jewel??? Man, this isn't 1995. This organization has been irrelevant for about 12 years.
I applaud Jerry for making a bold move and having a young HC that can bring stability for years to come.
 
Bob Dole;1335966 said:
Hey, Bob Dole thinks the move is dumb as hell. At this point Bob Dole is just trying to find any slight glimmer of hope, but it's pretty clear this team is moving back to the Campo era where Jerry calls all the shots.

VA agrees with Bob92
 
Find it a little hard to believe he could impress JJ that much. BUt two interviews certainly does catch your attention.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
476,203
Messages
14,672,411
Members
24,227
Latest member
Nathaniel
Back
Top