Estimated 5 year contract for Amari Cooper

cern

Reaction score
With all due to sportrac, it is only what coop and agent want that is truly relevant. Though I suppose it is fun to speculate.

MaaS

Reaction score
Given he is only 24 and what he did for this offense last year.....

Absolutely.

Yep. The great thing about Amari is that he has a playing style that is likely to age well.

Ex:

Dez ran horrible routes and relied on freakish athletic ability to make plays. When his athleticism edge over the defender started to fade, so did his production.

Amari is an excellent athlete, but really thrives on running sharp routes. Great route runners tend to continue to produce as they lose their athletic edge.

cern

Reaction score
Cern, I will say that Spotrac is pretty damn accurate in their contract calculations.
I never follow those kinds of pubs, but good to know. Would love for coop to be signed long term. Class guy. Great wr. Looking forward to a season with new oc.

Proof

Reaction score
But is it odd to you J12 that it's always harped "DONT OVERPAY", Then the estimated contract is 3rd largest of all WRs and everyone is gungho about it?

Considering his talent, production, attitude, fit and impact on the offense, it’s not overpaying.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Considering his talent, production, attitude, fit and impact on the offense, it’s not overpaying.

What about Dlaw's talent, production, attitude, fit, and impact to the defense? And people are up in arms.

What about Byron's talent, production, attitude, fit, and impact on the defense? Again people want to pay him $10M AAV

I dont think anyone would argue that Cooper has had anywhere near top 3 production right?

817Gill

Reaction score
What about Dlaw's talent, production, attitude, fit, and impact to the defense? And people are up in arms.

What about Byron's talent, production, attitude, fit, and impact on the defense? Again people want to pay him $10M AAV

I dont think anyone would argue that Cooper has had anywhere near top 3 production right?
Well his 16 game production would have made him a top 7 guy. And though this salary is top 4 now it won’t be in 2 years. So yeah not too hard to argue

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score

When players sign the deal, they usually get a higher rank in money than their actual rank at their position... this is mostly just because it is “their turn” to get paid and the other contracts have aged a bit with inflation. Kinda like when Jimmy G. was briefly the highest paid player in the league.
Cooper to me is a just outside the top ten guy but it’s not my money and it seems in line so...

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
Williams is horrid.
He has had some good Moments. Problem is ..it has been moments. Hope the young man gets it figured out but, it's time to go.

I'll never forget the diving catch over top of Jason W. That was a moment.

Proof

Reaction score

You asked about Amari. That’s the answer.

D Law Though since you’re asking costs much, mich more. And has more concerns.

Byron has one elite year. And production is a difficult metric for DB’s. One of the biggest is Int’s. Do we need to count those?

Amari checks EVERY box, and since he joined the Boys he’s definitely near top 3 production. But beyond that since most contracts are for 5 years it’s going to be rare that the top contracts purely align with the league leaders at any position.

Odell and AB are the two top paid and arguably two best wrs in the league. After them is mike evans, nuk, cooks, jarvis landry, Sammy Watkins...

Easy case to be made for him to slide in at 3 along with nuk. Easily above Landry, Cooks and Watkins (LOL) Then factor in that it doesn’t have to be (and rarely is) a cascading, descending pay scale by ranking, tiers of players get similar money. Then factor in the situations of Odell and AB and who would you rather sign? He’s worth every penny.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
You asked about Amari. That’s the answer.

D Law Though since you’re asking costs much, mich more. And has more concerns.

Byron has one elite year. And production is a difficult metric for DB’s. One of the biggest is Int’s. Do we need to count those?

Amari checks EVERY box, and since he joined the Boys he’s definitely near top 3 production. But beyond that since most contracts are for 5 years it’s going to be rare that the top contracts purely align with the league leaders at any position.

Odell and AB are the two top paid and arguably two best wrs in the league. After them is mike evans, nuk, cooks, jarvis landry, Sammy Watkins...

Easy case to be made for him to slide in at 3 along with nuk. Easily above Landry, Cooks and Watkins (LOL) Then factor in that it doesn’t have to be (and rarely is) a cascading, descending pay scale by ranking, tiers of players get similar money. Then factor in the situations of Odell and AB and who would you rather sign? He’s worth every penny.

Dlaw checked all your requirements.

Proof

Reaction score
Dlaw checked all your requirements.

The conversation was about Amari. Not Amari vs D Law. I’m answering in a vacuum.

But again, D Law costs considerably more and has red flags. I definitely understand anyone having hesitation to pay him even if I think we should. And in comparison to Amari the case for Amari is far easier to build.

J12B

Reaction score
But is it odd to you J12 that it's always harped "DONT OVERPAY", Then the estimated contract is 3rd largest of all WRs and everyone is gungho about it?

Watkins got a 3 year/48 million deal. That's his market value right now.

Seeing the chemistry he and Dak formed in a short time span, it should be expected that bigger things are coming in 2019 after a full training camp together.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
There shouldn't be one Cowboys fan complaining about Coops future transaction. The man is good & worth it! Dez who?! o_O

cristglo

Reaction score
I think that a great deal and If he agreed to it get it done ASAP. IMO he is way better then Watkins Give him and Dak an off season to work on chemistry he will be well worth every penny. Having Gallup improve down the stretch and having a off season with Dak without all the riff raft of WR by committee will only improve this offense.