Estimated 5 year contract for Amari Cooper

CowboysBravesSpurs

Reaction score
T
If we had to choose between Zeke and Amari, I choose Amari. Its a lot harder to replace a WR than it is a RB.
Tired of hearing this stupid statement by certain people in this fanbase. No, you're not smart for saying that. You dont just "replace" players like Zeke & Barkley. If you're talking downgrading, sure. But replace? Yeah no. Some people can be so stupid... :facepalm:

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
T

Tired of hearing this stupid statement by certain people in this fanbase. No, you're not smart for saying that. You dont just "replace" players like Zeke & Barkley. If you're talking downgrading, sure. But replace? Yeah no. Some people can be so stupid... :facepalm:

name calling, great. You're so cute.

RB IS the most replaceable position on offense. Just look at the nfl the last several years - teams are finding quality RBs without having to draft one in the top 5 picks. Anyone denying this has got their head in the sand.

13 of the top 20 rushers in the NFL in 2018 were not drafted in the first round. And that doesn't even include Leveon Bell.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
13 of the top 20 rushers in the NFL in 2018 were not drafted in the first round. And that doesn't even include Leveon Bell.
The all time greats..... the HoFers........ are 90% early 1st round picks

A lot of guys can do it for a year or two but the greats come with the pedigree

mattjames2010

Reaction score
T

Yes, you can replace both of those guys and teams have replaced and done better without elite RBs behind them for years. Stop glorifying a devalued position. They are still just RBs.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Except Cooper is way more inconsistent than Dez.

The only thing he has over Dez is speed & route running, he has had way more drops than Dez since coming into the league. The main criticism for Amari since college was his hands and consistency. I'm convinced that most Cowboys fans only knew the name and never watched the player.

I won’t even bother debating what you just said. It’s so laughable it’s not worth the time.

CowboyFanInLexKy

Reaction score
He didn't lead the league in drops in 2016 either and still came back and led it in 2017.

Want to try again?

Sure. You just made it easy for me to prove my point. A player has 1 bad year and you label him as someone who is consistently bad..

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Sure. You just made it easy for me to prove my point. A player has 1 bad year and you label him as someone who is consistently bad..

TWO bad years, genius. Read the post.

He led the league in drops in both his rookie and junior year. If you're going to respond to me, actually read.

Here, so your brain doesn't explode needing to navigate this site to find posts on a previous page.

https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Coopers-Drop-Rate-Ranks-Among-NFLs-Worst-479158283.html

Wrote Scott Barrett of PFF: “Cooper led the league in drops (18) and drop rate (20.0 percent) in his rookie season (2015), but then seemed to get past the issue in 2016, dropping only four passes. In 2017, Cooper again led the league in drop rate (17.2 percent). Not only are these numbers bad, but they’re historically bad. Since 2007, there have only been three players to see at least 100 targets and post a drop rate of 17 percent or worse: Braylon Edwards (2007 and 2008), Greg Little (2011) and Cooper (2015 and 2017).”

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Except Cooper is way more inconsistent than Dez.

The only thing he has over Dez is speed & route running, he has had way more drops than Dez since coming into the league. The main criticism for Amari since college was his hands and consistency. I'm convinced that most Cowboys fans only knew the name and never watched the player.
I would love to see that stat, if you could provide it.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Cooper played well. See how much he wants. He had a high drop rate but it wasn’t a issue this year.

Common Sense

Reaction score
T

You are letting your emotions get in the way of judgment. The statistics are pretty overwhelming, whether you want to go all the way back to the 1990s-2000s Denver Broncos, or compare Gurley and CJ Anderson this past year, or literally anything in between. The only reason to invest premium resources into the RB position is if you're too arrogant or too incompetent to develop a plug-and-play running scheme.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score

Dallas would save 3 million in cap for 2019.

Let's get this done.

I would love that more if there was 3mil of that base in 2019 and inserted in 2024. 7.5mil 2019 caphit would look a lot better

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I would love to see that stat, if you could provide it.

I have already provided the stats in this thread. Bryant never led the league in drops at the % Cooper did twice in his 4 year career.

Why is this just being glossed over? Is this some weird form of denial?

BlueStar22

Reaction score
What about Dlaw's talent, production, attitude, fit, and impact to the defense? And people are up in arms.

What about Byron's talent, production, attitude, fit, and impact on the defense? Again people want to pay him $10M AAV

I dont think anyone would argue that Cooper has had anywhere near top 3 production right?
People don't value defense here. They thing defensive players are easily replaceable.