Euro Cup 2021

Bigdog

Reaction score
I don’t like how it is set up this year because it does give the home country some advantage but it is what it is.

That was a horrible penalty kick by the Denmark player in the Finland game.

Agree with Twellmen. They need concussion subs. Those two players who collided in the Russian/Belgium game didn’t look good.

Bigdog

Reaction score
Belgium is the better team but their two goals have been gifts by Russia but that’s the breaks.

Bigdog

Reaction score
I didn’t think it was going to be broadcast either here but someone told me it was on this board.

Bigdog

Reaction score
Question: Are the stadiums at 25-35% capacity due to Covid or is it up to the country that they are playing in. The reason why I ask is that some of the games there doesn’t seem like a lot of people but the Denmark game look like the stadium was full yesterday.

phildadon86

Reaction score
They did just enough, they will be happy with that. Big game on Friday against Scotland.
Yeah thats the problem and always has been with England. I watched England destroy the big fish in the last Euros, and then lose to Iceland. Southgate needs to stop with the old school Italian tactics. They dont work anymore. I am Italian trust me i know lol. England shouldnt have lost that game to Croatia but hey. You want to soak up pressure for 80 minutes. Thats your prerogative lol.

Pompey-Cowboy

Reaction score
Question: Are the stadiums at 25-35% capacity due to Covid or is it up to the country that they are playing in. The reason why I ask is that some of the games there doesn’t seem like a lot of people but the Denmark game look like the stadium was full yesterday.
Each stadium being used is only allowed to let in a set percentage of its capacity dependent upon that countries current guidelines. I believe the final at Wembley stadium in London will allow 45,000 fans in.

Bigdog

Reaction score
Each stadium being used is only allowed to let in a set percentage of its capacity dependent upon that countries current guidelines. I believe the final at Wembley stadium in London will allow 45,000 fans in.
Thanks for the info

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Does anyone have any good stream links for todays matches?

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Various:
Missed France-Germany because of friggin work:(

My Faves in the tourney are unchanged.
I am not at all worried about England.
They are good enough to absorb pressure but also to apply it.
The roster is deep enough match up.
They can pick and choose skill and holding or play-making or pace.
They only won 1-0 but they dominated that game.

Belgium, Italy both looked fantastic.
I missed France but they are likely the best team in the world by a good margin in just talent and experience.

I watched Denmark-Finland and I was shook man. I did not think Eriksen was ever waking up again. Denmark probably won't and likely shouldn't recover from that to advance.
I am competition driven but that's a situation where even competition gets trumped by just life.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Love soccer. I played Intramural soccer when I was in the military. It looks so easy but it’s extremely difficult. I had the stamina so was a good defensive man but lacked the skills to score. My eyes just weren’t good enough. Same problem I had with baseball. Anyways, love the sport but hate the flopping. Was watching the US against Nigeria here in Austin tonight and the Nigerian goalie went down for about 10 mins writhing in pain. She then continued playing as if nothing had happened. The men are actually worse. It’s a cancer in the sport and I hope they do something about it.

Majic

Reaction score
Various:
Missed France-Germany because of friggin work:(

My Faves in the tourney are unchanged.
I am not at all worried about England.
They are good enough to absorb pressure but also to apply it.
The roster is deep enough match up.
They can pick and choose skill and holding or play-making or pace.
They only won 1-0 but they dominated that game.

Belgium, Italy both looked fantastic.
I missed France but they are likely the best team in the world by a good margin in just talent and experience.

I watched Denmark-Finland and I was shook man. I did not think Eriksen was ever waking up again. Denmark probably won't and likely shouldn't recover from that to advance.
I am competition driven but that's a situation where even competition gets trumped by just life.

I'm looking forward to England v Scotland on Friday. Great to play our oldest rivals in a tournament. Scotland I think will give it everything and I have a feeling England might come out very lethargic. Hope not! Italy look very good so far and will take some stopping

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Well, England looks EXACTLY like the Cowboys so far. Playing down to the competition, overly conservative early on (especially on primetime Television), and letting the opposition stick around rather than playing aggressively. I think we can officially diagnose England with Cowboysitis.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I can't quite tell. Is England being coached by Jason Garrett or Southgate? I can't quite tell.