Euro Cup 2021

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
final matches in group play are almost exhibitions to teams who are already through.
don't sweat that too much.
portugal was trash in group stage 4 years ago then went on to win.

the match ups are what matter.

knock outs are coming and hopefully I won't be as busy with work as I was last week.
so much greatness in this tourney.

Majic

Reaction score
final matches in group play are almost exhibitions to teams who are already through.
don't sweat that too much.
portugal was trash in group stage 4 years ago then went on to win.

the match ups are what matter.

knock outs are coming and hopefully I won't be as busy with work as I was last week.
so much greatness in this tourney.

I agree with this. However, the country expects England to put on a performance tonight after the poor display on Friday. England need to find some form.

Majic

Reaction score
I agree with this. However, the country expects England to put on a performance tonight after the poor display on Friday. England need to find some form.

Good for the first 15 minutes, but needed that second goal. Game very open after that.

We'll see what 2nd half brings

Majic

Reaction score
Overall better but still not creating enough clear cut chances. 3 clean sheets but still look vulnerable at times. A lot of room for improvement.

daschoo

Slanje Va
Reaction score
Croatia just a level above us, 2nd half particularly they were in total control. Game against Czech Republic was our chance, perhaps understandable (though no less frustrating) we didn't play to potential given the 23 year wait from last qualification.
Better not be another 20+ years, I'll be in my 60s!

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Croatia should keep Modric playing more of a attack role. Croatia can’t create anything without him.

Majic

Reaction score
That late goal for Sweden has sent Spain into the other half of the draw to England, along with Italy, Belgium, Portugal and France.

I'm getting carried away, we have to beat Germany first.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Overall better but still not creating enough clear cut chances. 3 clean sheets but still look vulnerable at times. A lot of room for improvement.
I'd say Kane's form is alegit concern/question for England for sure. Everything else is solid except perhaps the managing. Germany is going to be a tough out but I do lean England here.

Majic

Reaction score
I'd say Kane's form is alegit concern/question for England for sure. Everything else is solid except perhaps the managing. Germany is going to be a tough out but I do lean England here.

Another big team has gone out in that side of the draw (Holland) but first Germany. Kane needs crosses into the box, to get the best out of him. Very little service and what he has had he has not done very well with. The only way I see that changing under the England manager is if England fall behind in a game and the game opens up more. Denmark look very strong in England's half of draw.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Still shaking my head over the Netherlands' second half meltdown vs the Czechs. That one seemed like easy money.

Bigdog

Reaction score
Still shaking my head over the Netherlands' second half meltdown vs the Czechs. That one seemed like easy money.
Yup one would think. Everyone talks about the US not making the last WC but powerhouses like Italy and the Netherlands did not make it either which to them would be a day of national mourning.

Flamma

Reaction score
Yup one would think. Everyone talks about the US not making the last WC but powerhouses like Italy and the Netherlands did not make it either which to them would be a day of national mourning.

Once the USA had a team that could compete with almost anyone. I think it was back in 2002.

Hell, for most of these powerhouse teams not making it out of the groups stage is cause for heads to roll.

Bigdog

Reaction score
Once the USA had a team that could compete with almost anyone. I think it was back in 2002.

Hell, for most of these powerhouse teams not making it out of the groups stage is cause for heads to roll.
True

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Another big team has gone out in that side of the draw (Holland) but first Germany. Kane needs crosses into the box, to get the best out of him. Very little service and what he has had he has not done very well with. The only way I see that changing under the England manager is if England fall behind in a game and the game opens up more. Denmark look very strong in England's half of draw.
I was shocked the Netherlands lost.. but going down to 10 man is brutal.

The games today have been insane.
No idea why France wouldn't defend up 3-1.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
one poor play and a pretty tough red.
then it was over.
not a huge fan of reds like that.
yes it was a handball but no it wasn't a goal altering type handball.