Ever meet a celebrity?

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
Pretty nonchalant; not rude; not overly friendly. Was in some workout gear and just said thanks or whatever. I recognized him immediately but just kept it cool.
That's the way to do it. I've never felt starstruck around celebrities. They're just regular people when it comes down to it. When Mark Hamill showed up at our studio, I saw him visibly groan in the backseat of the car. Bunch of game geeks waiting for him with Star Wars memorabilia to sign. He actually looked shocked when I didn't have anything to sign and just shook his hand and said hello. He ended up talking to me more than anyone and I was not a high up guy at the time in the business. He was a little aloof but cool overall.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I’ve met plenty but will only mention those who I had a good convo with. I will also leave out athletes but will mention just one...... Emmitt. I played golf with him and even met him a couple years later and he remembered my name :thumbup:

Anyways, the stand outs for me are Channing Tatum, Vin Diesel, Keanu Reeves, Tommy Lee Jones(a real jerk), Gene Hackman and Bill Murray.

Keanu was my favorite, a real genuine and down to earth guy who wanted to know about me, asked a lot of questions. I would probably run through fire for him if he ever needed my help. Tatum was cool too, we shared a bench at a restaurant in LA with him and his family eating panini’s.

Gene wasn’t very talkative but sat next to me in an airport for an hour, just small talk but very polite. Murray was the opposite of his persona on-screen, kind of shy but a nice guy.

Jones was a drunken imbecile if anyone bothered him, I just so happened to sit the row opposite him on a plane. Me and Vin chatted via cars in traffic on the 405, he likes the boys :cool:

JBS

Reaction score
I met lebron james in Providence...this was 2009 or 2010..he was w the cavs playing preseason ball vs the Celtics..I talked to him for a brief minute..he didn't really want to chat so I didn't bother him...about 5 mins later he stood up in front of about 10-15 women..told them all to put their cell phones in a trash bag..and confirmed "all of yall are at least 18 right" lolol...real talk they were all ugly broads...he was there w some other Cleveland players..

True Story...I left after that

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
I’ve met plenty but will only mention those who I had a good convo with. I will also leave out athletes but will mention just one...... Emmitt. I played golf with him and even met him a couple years later and he remembered my name :thumbup:

Anyways, the stand outs for me are Channing Tatum, Vin Diesel, Keanu Reeves, Tommy Lee Jones(a real jerk), Gene Hackman and Bill Murray.

Keanu was my favorite, a real genuine and down to earth guy who wanted to know about me, asked a lot of questions. I would probably run through fire for him if he ever needed my help. Tatum was cool too, we shared a bench at a restaurant in LA with him and his family eating panini’s.

Gene wasn’t very talkative but sat next to me in an airport for an hour, just small talk but very polite. Murray was the opposite of his persona on-screen, kind of shy but a nice guy.

Jones was a drunken imbecile if anyone bothered him, I just so happened to sit the row opposite him on a plane. Me and Vin chatted via cars in traffic on the 405, he likes the boys :cool:
Doesn't surprise me about Keanu Reeves. He sounds like a down to earth, good dude.

kskboys

Reaction score
Roger Metzger, SS for the Houston Astros in the 70's, is like my 5th or 6th cousin. Very nice guy. I was around him a lot as a kid.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Also I had sex with an alleged ex girlfriend of Julius Jones in 2003. At least thats what she told. I give some credence to the possibility they she at least him because we wasn't famous except to CFB at that. My best bet is she banged him once.

So there is a possibility me and Julius are eskimo brothers

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
I've met quite a few over the years, mostly musicians and athletes and some of them I saw or spoke with fairly often. I did have a funny encounter with Dolph Lundgren at an airport, once. 7-8 years ago at an airport and Dolph Lundgren is standing next to me, no one else next to us, I just kinda say "Dolph Lundgren?" He smiles and sticks his hand out to shake hands and while shaking his hand I tell him I loved his movies. He then says "I can't hear you" I say "What?" He says "Do you hear me?" and kinda chuckled. I'm kinda confused, then it hit me and I ask him "Did you just Universal Soldier me?" He smiled and said he was just checking if I was paying attention. I busted out laughing. He asked my name and we talked for about 20 minutes, the whole time he's cracking jokes, had me in stitches. His plane was ready to start boarding, he shook my hand again and left.

When meeting a celebrity, never sure what to expect, most are nice and polite, but that was unexpected. He was genuinely very friendly, personable and very funny. I envied whoever he sat next to on that flight, they were going to have a fun flight.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Mostly musicians, athletes, (along with team owners & coaches) Sports TV/Radio personalities and several politicians, including three different presidents.

Haven't met too many Hollywood types, but I don't watch too much TV or movies. The ones I have met where usually attending a sporting event, or sports related events. (like fund raisers)

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I've met quite a few over the years, mostly musicians and athletes and some of them I saw or spoke with fairly often. I did have a funny encounter with Dolph Lundgren at an airport, once. 7-8 years ago at an airport and Dolph Lundgren is standing next to me, no one else next to us, I just kinda say "Dolph Lundgren?" He smiles and sticks his hand out to shake hands and while shaking his hand I tell him I loved his movies. He then says "I can't hear you" I say "What?" He says "Do you hear me?" and kinda chuckled. I'm kinda confused, then it hit me and I ask him "Did you just Universal Soldier me?" He smiled and said he was just checking if I was paying attention. I busted out laughing. He asked my name and we talked for about 20 minutes, the whole time he's cracking jokes, had me in stitches. His plane was ready to start boarding, he shook my hand again and left.

When meeting a celebrity, never sure what to expect, most are nice and polite, but that was unexpected. He was genuinely very friendly, personable and very funny. I envied whoever he sat next to on that flight, they were going to have a fun flight.

Fun fact...Lundgren holds a master’s degree in chemical engineering.

csirl

Reaction score
Like a lot of us, Ive met a lot of football players at events over the years. Mostly brief conversations.

Where I live, its common to see celebs doing ordinary things. People here recognise when they are "off duty" and generally leave them alone regardless of how famous they are - even the likes of Micheal Jackson visiting local attractions with his kids didnt attract a crowd.

I've an experience that would not happen in any other country. Was at a urinal in a pub and guy walks in, and starts a conversation. I turn around and its the (then) Prime Minister. No security etc. I cant imagine any serving leader of a country going out for a few drinks without security in tow, checks of premises etc.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
I met Malik Yoba (NY Undercover/Cool Runnings bald dude) at Union station as a kid with my mom. She asked him to sign something and he was cool about it but a lot shorter than he looks on tv. Beat that lol :muttley: