Video: Every Dez Bryant Incompletion from 17

4lifecowboy

Reaction score
Should have played Rush more this season. There were games resulting in blow outs and the last game he got no playing time. Horrendous coaching decisions if you ask me.
I honestly think they don't want to create any chance of a QB controversy. The exact opposite approach Jimmy Johnson took when determining who is long term QB would be.

robjay04

Reaction score
It is pretty clear the issues Prescott has in this video. On the other hand, Bryant has his own responsibility to catch the catchable. Both of them need work at it.

Exactly.

People love to point fingers at one or the other but both players are to blame.

I admit—-I was done with Dez after the Seattle game. I don’t think any non QB, much less a player being paid elite money, should have that much of a negative impact on a game.

Very similar to the second NYG game last season.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Both Dez and Dak were bad last season. No point in having a verbal battle all off-season long on which guy was worse.

I have more faith that Dak could bounce back, but that's largely dependent on Dez improving also. Honestly, I don't feel there's a realistic shot for either to drastically improve, but Dak's age might give him a better chance.

Last edited:

aria

Reaction score
Romo with no legs is better than Dak. He's so bad, I don't get how you homers can't see it.

Dez is still a great receiver.
Should we start posting pics and videos of Romo? Should we take a trip down memory lane, especially during Romo’s first two years?

AxcBfWs_d.jpg

diefree666

Reaction score
Dez is a very emotional player. A diva to be exact, but one who will get it done. Now how to handle that is always the problem. Tony pretty much worked full time on that; Dak will have to as well to get the same result. Not like he is going to get all that much help from the staff.

If you work with him as tony did Dez can still be a top WR in the NFL. But high maintenance.

Dak of course has his own issues to work on and this is just an extra load but it comes with the territory

diefree666

Reaction score
Should we start posting pics and videos of Romo? Should we take a trip down memory lane, especially during Romo’s first two years?

AxcBfWs_d.jpg
should we keep up this BS about the snap which was a slick ball and the NFL changed the rules the next season but then again that would highlight your BS.

As regards Tony - well of course he is better than Dak because of his experience

So your talk about his first two years is the typical Dak slobberer garbage

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Both Dez and Dak were bad last season. No point in having a verbal battle all off-season long on which guy was worse.

I have more faith that Dak could bounce back, but that's largely dependent on Dez improving also. Honestly, I don't feel there's a realistic shot for either to drastically improve, but Dak's age might give him a better chance.
Bryant is a vet. He is at the stage at his career where he is not going to improve his route running and he is not going to suddenly mature into a finely honed professional in an offseason.

aria

Reaction score
should we keep up this BS about the snap which was a slick ball and the NFL changed the rules the next season but then again that would highlight your BS.

As regards Tony - well of course he is better than Dak because of his experience

So your talk about his first two years is the typical Dak slobberer garbage
Lol, a slick ball? How many other excuses for him do you keep in your pocket?

It’s really hilarious how many of you supported Dak and wanted to trade Romo after the first few games. After the first season Dak was all the rage now he’s trash according to many. Talk about jumping ship, probably the same people that wanted is to lose out barely half way through the season.

Romo
1st season: 13 INT’s
2nd season: 19 INT’s
3rd season: 14 INT’s

Dak:
1st season: 4 INT’s
2nd season: 13 INT’s

There’s obviously several other stats to compare, some which favor Romo and some that don’t, but this Romo love affair and Dak bashing after his SECOND year is ridiculous.

Ken

Reaction score
People will watch this video and still conclude that Dez is the problem. It will be a monumental mistake to assume we already have found our QB. Draft another one, open competition, play Rush in the preseason with the starters.
Yup I will.

Sorry, not swayed by an EXTREMELY biased video. Yes, Dak had some serious misses. He also INTENTIONALLY threw some of those away, but that is characterized as a "wild throw". How about the fact that on 99% of the throws, he wasn't open?

How about the fact that you see horrible routes? How about the fact that Dak is told to "throw it up" to Dez because that is his game? This is on him, you don't see these "wild throws" to the other wrs because he only throws it to them when they are open and he isn't throwing them jump balls.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Lol, a slick ball? How many other excuses for him do you keep in your pocket?

Sometimes I wonder if people realize that the excuse they make for a player makes them look worse than just admitting the player made a mistake or even had a down year.

A slick ball? Come on, really? Go to the store, grab a new ball and see if you would drop it while trying to lower it to the ground. Ok, so the ball was wet. Go wet your hands, grab the new ball, and see if you drop it while trying to lower it to the ground. If the ball was slippery then Romo should have had trouble catching the snap, not lowing the ball. Romo just made a mistake. It happens but trying to say it wasn't an error because the ball was slick is silly.

It's like people trying to claim Garrett iced Bailey. I can't stand Garrett, but if I believed Garrett iced Bailey, then that must mean Bailey can crack under pressure and now wonder if I should have confidence Bailey can come through late in a big game if the opposing coach calls a timeout. Bailey just missed a kick. It happens but he didn't miss it because he was iced.

Dez isn't expected to catch a ball that's slightly behind him? Then why exactly is he getting paid $12.5 million a year if he needs perfectly thrown passes? Receivers who can catch perfect passes are a dime a dozen and can be had much cheaper. Dez is supposed to be special. Is he no longer special?

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
It's not just Dak and it's not just Dez. What's so funny is Dak haters try so hard to put everything on him and that's just not realistic.

They say things like you are either accurate or not, you can't improve accuracy....... Haha that's one of the most inaccurate statement I have ever heard. You can improve accuracy and to say otherwise shows you can't look at something without being bias. Improve mechanics, footwork, throwing motion, release point...... Many things can improve or decrease accuracy. Even in a game accuracy can change depending on certain situations.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
He lived off the OL play and the run. He still lived off the short dink and dunk...why do you think Cole led the team in receptions the first part of the year. He doesn't have it and never has.
Beasley led the team in receptions cause Dez didn't play every game. This nonsense some of you guys spit out because of your dislike for Dak and/or other players is laughable.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
He lived off the OL play and the run. He still lived off the short dink and dunk...why do you think Cole led the team in receptions the first part of the year. He doesn't have it and never has.

Not true:

Air Yards per Attempt
1 Winston 4.86
2 Ryan 4.84
3 Cousins 4.79
4 Mariota 4.71
5 Prescott 4.61

On Dak's average attempt of 7.93 yards, he gets 4.61 yards from air yards (5th in NFL) and 3.32 yards from YAC.

Credit @percyhoward

JustChip

Reaction score
I watched 6.5 minutes of the video and saw exactly what I expected to see...both players being the issue.

Obviously Dak struggled with his accuracy and needs to improve. Since this is a “it’s not Dez’s fault, it’s Dak’s fault” video I will focus on Dez

In the first 6.5 minutes of the game I counted 11 balls a WR of Dez’s caliber and salary should be able to make. I am sorry but those aren’t on the QB.
Dez earned a huge contract catching imperfectly thrown balls and winning physical battles with DBs and now all of sudden a ball slightly behind him or thrown low are considered “uncatchable” for him? If this is truly the case, then he should be cut for that one fact alone because he wouldn’t deserve a huge payday if he requires perfectly thrown balls in order to catch it.

The video is also a little funny in that to highlight Dak being the problem he throws in highlights of targets to other receivers. For example, the interception against the Rams bounced off Twill.

If the excuse for Dez is “all receivers drop passes” then then apply the same logic to Dak...”all QBs thrown inaccurate passes”. I don’t make excuses, Dak and Dez both need to improve.

Good observation.

What I also came away with is that there were a lot of balls that should never have been thrown to Dez because he wasn't open. This is a "Dez can't get open" statement, more that Dak made the wrong decision. I think it was one of the Commanders balls that was incomplete; he had a receiver running wide open underneath and chose to go to Dez who was blanketed. It's more a statement that Dak, as a 2nd year player, did not make all the correct reads. Had the ball been thrown somewhere, it might've been completed.

The other thing is there were at least 2 balls where Dak was scrambling to the left and threw back to the right across his body. That's a huge no-no. The ball probably should've been thrown away in those, but that comes with experience.

The bottom line is that there is no single, magic bullet. The answer to the question is it Dez or Dak, the answer is yes.