Video: Every Dez Bryant Incompletion from 17

condoin125

Reaction score
Unlike most I don' have to be right. I want to win. Plus if he turns out a complete stud I will bring back one of my favorable/more supportive posts.
Sigh....grudgingly have to admit the wisdom to this.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
He was he one of the most accurate deep ball passers in the league.

Dak doesn’t like taking risks, it goes against his DNA.

Dez does not get open, but is the alpha in the room.

Dak is young and probably gave in a bit too much to DB because he wants to keep loud mouth out of his ear which isn’t uncommon for 24 yo QB’s.

Dez needs to go and Dak will become a better qb for it. He was just fine without him last year.
And the deep ball was more evident as the season wore on.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
The point is 4.61 was the 5th longest average for QBs ball to travel through the air, thus diminishing the argument that Dak was a "Dink & Dunk QB".

Below are his splits from 2016:

Pass Thrown Behind Line of Scrimmage 19%
Pass Thrown 1-10 yds 56%
Pass Thrown 11-20 yds 21%
Pass Thrown 21-30 yds 4%
Pass Thrown 31-40 yds 1%

Here are Tom Brady's splits from 2016:

Pass Thrown Behind Line of Scrimmage 24%
Pass Thrown 1-10 yds 47%
Pass Thrown 11-20 yds 23%
Pass Thrown 21-30 yds 4%
Pass Thrown 31-40 yds 1%
Pass Thrown 41+ yds 1%
Thanks for clarifying. I just don't see how 5% of his throws only go beyond 20 yards cement him as someone who throws deep more often than not. I will never deny Brady who sits at 71% of 10 yards or less is not a dinker but 75% of Daks throws are 10 yards and less yet he isn't a dinker? The stats indicate he is the way I am reading it.

Last edited:

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score

Clearly anyone who doesn’t thInk like you is a moron, Mr Know-it-all.

Good day, sir!

aria

Reaction score
Not really taking a side on this (I agree Romo is done) but:

http://www.5pointsblue.com/deflate-...bobbled-snap-field-goal-led-change-nfl-rules/

"The ball was slippery because it was brand new. Just ask Cowboys Pro Bowl deep snapper L.P. Ladouceur. He’s the player who snapped the ball to Romo.

“We got a ball change right before the snap,” recalls Ladouceur. “The ball used earlier in the game wasn’t the same as the one we used at the end of the game. The newer ball had wax on it. It’s unfortunate that it happened.”

In 2007, during the offseason which followed the Cowboys’ playoff loss at Seattle, the NFL changed the rules regarding K Balls.

Kickoff now begins using K Ball #1 and that same K Ball continues to be used in play until that ball is no longer an option. Once unavailable (if the K Ball goes into the stands, for example), K Ball #2 is brought into play. And so on, and so on."

Romo never used it as an excuse, however the league did change how the balls were handled because it actually was you know... an unused slick ball.

And by the way Romo had a higher QB rating and better record through his first 32 games (24-8 versus 22-10, and 96.3 versus 95.5). Not taking a stance that either QB is better than the other but one stat doesn't tell the story).
I mentioned the stats could be skewed either way but it’s not night and day like some would have us believe. Rookie of the year followed by a sophmore slump and everyone wants to throw him under the bus. That’s pretty typical of a good portion of this fan base, just like after we lost a few games this year they were wanting us to lose out.

I really don’t care what the excuse was, we can find excuses for anyone, including Dak. The fact is he caught the ball, mishandled it and choked in the playoffs costing us the game. His MO will always be the guy who couldn’t win big games. Regardless of his stats he made some of the worst decisions and biggest mistakes at the worst times but a lot of people hold him up on some sort of pedestal due to his overall career stats and conveniently blame it on coaching everytime. When things go right it was because of Tony, when things went wrong it was because of coaching.

Regardless, Tony isn’t our QB anymore and never will be so we can continue to fantasize about him and forget all the negatives or we can accept who our QB is now and hope for the best instead of criticizing him after 2 seasons, one that was great and one not so good.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Wow. That ball was soooo slippery how on Earth did Romo even recover the bobble, pick it up and hold it at all?!?

aria

Reaction score

Waaaa....waaaaaa...waaaa...how many excuses do you have for him in every other critical game he blew? Tell me about 2012, in the last game of the season when we were playing the Washington Commanders for a spot in the playoffs.

JG catches a lot of flak for not getting it done but remind me who threw 3 INT’s and 2 TD’s that game. I’ll give you a clue, it wasn’t JG. Who completed only 20 of 37 passes? Here’s another hint, it wasn’t JG. Who threw the final INT on the final drive to give the Commanders the win? Final clue, it wasn’t JG. Do you need more clues?

Then we have Dak, one playoff game under his belt in which they almost beat a healthy AR (not gimped up AR like Romo faced), had a 103.2 QBR and threw 3 TD’s and one INT. If I didn’t know any better I would think the way some of you coddle Romo that the stats for Dak and Romo would be the other way around yet you continue the love affair with Romo and spew excuses for him every chance you get while bashing Dak. Oh yeah, Dak did this his ROOKIE year as well. Hate on Homer.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Not really taking a side on this (I agree Romo is done) but:

http://www.5pointsblue.com/deflate-...bobbled-snap-field-goal-led-change-nfl-rules/

"The ball was slippery because it was brand new. Just ask Cowboys Pro Bowl deep snapper L.P. Ladouceur. He’s the player who snapped the ball to Romo.

“We got a ball change right before the snap,” recalls Ladouceur. “The ball used earlier in the game wasn’t the same as the one we used at the end of the game. The newer ball had wax on it. It’s unfortunate that it happened.”

In 2007, during the offseason which followed the Cowboys’ playoff loss at Seattle, the NFL changed the rules regarding K Balls.

Kickoff now begins using K Ball #1 and that same K Ball continues to be used in play until that ball is no longer an option. Once unavailable (if the K Ball goes into the stands, for example), K Ball #2 is brought into play. And so on, and so on."

Romo never used it as an excuse, however the league did change how the balls were handled because it actually was you know... an unused slick ball.

And by the way Romo had a higher QB rating and better record through his first 32 games (24-8 versus 22-10, and 96.3 versus 95.5). Not taking a stance that either QB is better than the other but one stat doesn't tell the whole story.

L.P. Ladouceur is a good source of information. He was the other player who touched the ball on that play so I form my opinion on what he says, too. Here is what he also said:

“We didn’t get much time to beat them up, or rough them up back then, and now they do give us more time [in the pre-game] to do that,’’ he said. “Back then if you went through more than a couple K balls during the game, ball No. 3 or 4 were straight out of the box, so that could have happened in this case. But I don’t remember it being that bad."

“Sometimes they were shiny, and sometimes they were real slick. But that was just the K ball thing, depending on which ball they gave us. I didn’t think it was a conspiracy or gamesmanship type of thing. I thought it was maybe a little different than the ball we used the whole game, but I was still able to snap it pretty well, and usually it’s a good ball if I can snap it well. It’s hard to pinpoint why it happened. But it happened, and you just don’t know what to think.’’

Bill Parcells said this: “Oh, who cares?’’ Parcells growled. “Catch the ball. I don’t care if they put jellyfish in there. Just catch it and kick it.’’

These quotes were in this article: https://www.si.com/nfl/2014/10/08/t...-seattle-seahawks-bill-parcells-mike-holmgren

Ladouceur also said this:

“Looking back, it was obvious they switched the ball,” Ladouceur said. “Back then, (teams) did that at away games. I think they did the same thing in Buffalo the year after. They had some really shiny footballs. After they did the K ball rule, you weren’t allowed to brush them as much. Now you’re able to brush them a lot better. I think they allowed five minutes back then, and they never got to ball No. 3 or 4. Now they can. It was shiny. At the same time, we’re professionals and we’re supposed to put the ball down, snap it right and do all that stuff.”

That quote from this article: http://www.espn.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4697590/the-curious-case-of-the-k-ball-vs-seattle

erod

Reaction score
Trust me, the number of uncatchable balls directly effected the number of drops.
Bingo.

A receiver expects the ball in a general area. When it consistently isn't, he's unsure coming out of a break of where it will be, and that leads to more drops. Michael Irvin has talked about this. He knew where Troy was going to put the ball by where the defender was. He could almost catch it blindfolded.

Dez had that with Romo. Suddenly, all the receivers are getting the dropsies at the same exact time. That's implausible.

erod

Reaction score
Waaaa....waaaaaa...waaaa...how many excuses do you have for him in every other critical game he blew? Tell me about 2012, in the last game of the season when we were playing the Washington Commanders for a spot in the playoffs.

JG catches a lot of flak for not getting it done but remind me who threw 3 INT’s and 2 TD’s that game. I’ll give you a clue, it wasn’t JG. Who completed only 20 of 37 passes? Here’s another hint, it wasn’t JG. Who threw the final INT on the final drive to give the Commanders the win? Final clue, it wasn’t JG. Do you need more clues?

Then we have Dak, one playoff game under his belt in which they almost beat a healthy AR (not gimped up AR like Romo faced), had a 103.2 QBR and threw 3 TD’s and one INT. If I didn’t know any better I would think the way some of you coddle Romo that the stats for Dak and Romo would be the other way around yet you continue the love affair with Romo and spew excuses for him every chance you get while bashing Dak. Oh yeah, Dak did this his ROOKIE year as well. Hate on Homer.

Dak isn't an NFL starting caliber quarterback and never will be.

I hope to be wrong, but my eyes rarely lie about these things.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score

I hope you're wrong too. I remember Romo haters being convinced there was no way the team could win with Romo as the QB. I argued against them. Turns out they were right and I was wrong. I don't want to be wrong on 2 QBs in a row.

Reaction score
Should we start posting pics and videos of Romo? Should we take a trip down memory lane, especially during Romo’s first two years?

AxcBfWs_d.jpg
Yes, please start posting the videos. This should be a discussion on how Dak cannot throw the ball down the field with accuracy or timing. Any Romo video with a significant number of plays, from any year he played, will disprove your own point. Romo may have saved his bad plays for the worst possible moment. He may have been broken down physically, but those are different discussions. The simple fact of the matter is we went from a QB who was a good thrower of the football to one who is not a good thrower of the football. Any debate you engage in with video evidence will not go well for your argument.

aria

Reaction score

I’m not saying he is or isn’t YET. Even after his first year I was saying it’s way to early to tell and caught a lot feedback for even questioning his greatness, now I say let’s give him another year and I catch feedback from some of the same people. Lol, it’s ridiculous.

Look, last year has me a bit concerned too but I’m far from saying he will never be a starting NFL QB. It’s only his 3rd year for gods sake and so far he’s impressed me more in some areas of his game than the “Almighty Romo” did his first two years so I’m not giving up on him this early.

aria

Reaction score
Yes, please start posting the videos. This should be a discussion on how Dak cannot throw the ball down the field with accuracy or timing. Any Romo video with a significant number of plays, from any year he played, will disprove your own point. Romo may have saved his bad plays for the worst possible moment. He may have been broken down physically, but those are different discussions. The simple fact of the matter is we went from a QB who was a good thrower of the football to one who is not a good thrower of the football. Any debate you engage in with video evidence will not go well for your argument.
Can we talk about whether good decision making factors into a good throw or is this just based on the physical aspect of it? Personally, I don’t care how well someone throws the ball because if they throw it at the wrong time it doesn’t matter. Romo did throw some beautiful deep passes to the opposing teams defense at the worst times possible, I’ll give him that.

irishline

Reaction score
L.P. Ladouceur is a good source of information. He was the other player who touched the ball on that play so I form my opinion on what he says, too. Here is what he also said:

“We didn’t get much time to beat them up, or rough them up back then, and now they do give us more time [in the pre-game] to do that,’’ he said. “Back then if you went through more than a couple K balls during the game, ball No. 3 or 4 were straight out of the box, so that could have happened in this case. But I don’t remember it being that bad."

“Sometimes they were shiny, and sometimes they were real slick. But that was just the K ball thing, depending on which ball they gave us. I didn’t think it was a conspiracy or gamesmanship type of thing. I thought it was maybe a little different than the ball we used the whole game, but I was still able to snap it pretty well, and usually it’s a good ball if I can snap it well. It’s hard to pinpoint why it happened. But it happened, and you just don’t know what to think.’’

Bill Parcells said this: “Oh, who cares?’’ Parcells growled. “Catch the ball. I don’t care if they put jellyfish in there. Just catch it and kick it.’’

These quotes were in this article: https://www.si.com/nfl/2014/10/08/t...-seattle-seahawks-bill-parcells-mike-holmgren

Ladouceur also said this:

“Looking back, it was obvious they switched the ball,” Ladouceur said. “Back then, (teams) did that at away games. I think they did the same thing in Buffalo the year after. They had some really shiny footballs. After they did the K ball rule, you weren’t allowed to brush them as much. Now you’re able to brush them a lot better. I think they allowed five minutes back then, and they never got to ball No. 3 or 4. Now they can. It was shiny. At the same time, we’re professionals and we’re supposed to put the ball down, snap it right and do all that stuff.”

That quote from this article: http://www.espn.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4697590/the-curious-case-of-the-k-ball-vs-seattle

Oh I agree with everything that is there. I was just pointing out that the play did lead to a change in rules and that Ladouceur also stated the ball was waxy and slick. As I said, Romo never once used that excuse and said on multiple occasions that he just dropped it.

That said if the ball wasn't an issue at all why did the rules committee review it and change the rule a month later? The NFL doesn't just change a rule because someone botched a snap in a playoff game. How many games has a botched call on a catch happened in the last 5 years? How many times has it possibly affected the outcome of a game? Many, and the NFL still hasn't done anything to change it (and to be honest those "incomplete" catch calls and overturns look a million times worse than that dropped FG as far as people's perception of the NFL is concerned).

Last edited:

kskboys

Reaction score
What really happened is that Dez didn't agree that the noncatch in the GB playoff game was a noncatch, so since then he's going out of his way to show you what a drop really is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kskboys

Reaction score
I’m not saying he is or isn’t YET. Even after his first year I was saying it’s way to early to tell and caught a lot feedback for even questioning his greatness, now I say let’s give him another year and I catch feedback from some of the same people. Lol, it’s ridiculous.

Look, last year has me a bit concerned too but I’m far from saying he will never be a starting NFL QB. It’s only his 3rd year for gods sake and so far he’s impressed me more in some areas of his game than the “Almighty Romo” did his first two years so I’m not giving up on him this early.
Same experience here.

What I've learned is that people cannot see flaws when the team is winning. Unfortunately, Jerry is in that category.

4lifecowboy

Reaction score
Bingo.

A receiver expects the ball in a general area. When it consistently isn't, he's unsure coming out of a break of where it will be, and that leads to more drops. Michael Irvin has talked about this. He knew where Troy was going to put the ball by where the defender was. He could almost catch it blindfolded.

Dez had that with Romo. Suddenly, all the receivers are getting the dropsies at the same exact time. That's implausible.
Thank you for breaking it down