Everyone needs to stop analyzing everyone and everything

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'd take Sean Payton if he leaves New Orleans.

He has not quit there so that's not currently an option. You probably can't have Belichick either.

You would have to get an NFL assistant, a college HC or an NFL HC that was fired for being incompetent with his previous team.

So you start looking at assistants with good schemes. Brady's OC was a failed HC. The Packers previous OC failed as the HC in Miami.

College. Saban already failed as an NFL HC. Chip Kelly is currently failing in Philly.

Retreads. I think Whisenhunt just got fired.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
WHO CARES MAN? CLOSE IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH. WE NEED TO WIN A FOOTBALL GAME PERIOD AND THESE JOKERS AREN'T DOING ENOUGH TO WIN PERIOD. STOP THE EXCUSES. WIN A GAME. JUST ONE IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK?

I will promise you a win next week if you can show that you're committed to the cause.

I'll sneak onto the sideline and spike the opponents drinks with PUDs (Performance Un-enhancing Drugs); however, I need you to create a distraction. I just need you to climb up into the rafters of the stadium and then take a nosedive to your death. This will create an adequate distraction for me to get my work accomplished. We'll all get new sigs immortalizing you as the one who saved the Cowboys season.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
That's what gets me about MOST of the JG support group. When Parcells was here with a MUCH MUCH les talented roster they complained he had the team playing not to lose. Now it's golden boy doing the same thing only worse an it's every thing but what he's doing as coach. Head scratcher for sure.

The roster without Tony, Dez and Hardy isn't very talented. No team without their 3 best players is. Any determination made under those circumstances is going to be flawed. Especially since the counterbalance is that when those circumstances didn't exist, the team went undefeated.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
You should have stopped before you attempted this analysis.

Take the top 2 offensive players out of any team's lineup and they will struggle. Your scenario is omitting the fact that Dez has been out.

As much as people will cry Dez does not win us football games there is only one receiver in all football history that has ever won a team games and that was Randy moss in 1998

RunDMC

Reaction score
As much as people will cry Dez does not win us football games there is only one receiver in all football history that has ever won a team games and that was Randy moss in 1998

LOL.

Dez won us games last year. Look what he did to Philadelphia in the second meeting. Single handily took over that game. Made Fletcher look like a CFL player. That ridiculous catch against Houston in OT. Should've won us Green Bay if it wasn't for emperor Blandino. He takes guys away from the line and teams couldn't always stack the box against Murray so you can argue he won us every game we won last year.

Just agregious, disrespect for the best reciever in football.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
The truth is that no matter how much Weeden sucks, or how poorly Cassel has played, or how bad a play caller Linehan has been or how poor a head coach Garrett is and even how bad an owner Jerry and son are, the fact is that you can win off of scheme alone.

You were done here. Wrong of course, because talent still is required. But nonetheless, done.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

That is made up nonsense.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
The roster without Tony, Dez and Hardy isn't very talented. No team without their 3 best players is. Any determination made under those circumstances is going to be flawed. Especially since the counterbalance is that when those circumstances didn't exist, the team went undefeated.

He's had two of the three for quite a while Plus Ware. We went undefeated because Eli was a moron and Philly is in worse shape than the boys coaching wise.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
He's had two of the three for quite a while Plus Ware. We went undefeated because Eli was a moron and Philly is in worse shape than the boys coaching wise.

So you're comfortable making a conclusion about the team without evidence of their performance with those players, even though the only evidence available is the opposite of your conclusion? And even though the games played without those players would imply that their appearance would likely flip the outcome? Was Garrett the coach last season? Or does all the evidence that doesn't fit your narrative recede from the argument?

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
So you're comfortable making a conclusion about the team without evidence of their performance with those players, even though the only evidence available is the opposite of your conclusion? And even though the games played without those players would imply that their appearance would likely flip the outcome? Was Garrett the coach last season? Or does all the evidence that doesn't fit your narrative recede from the argument?

Wasn't Garrett the coach with basically the same cast of characters all the other years to? One good season doesn't make him any more than an ok coach. He would be a very good GM but his coaching skills are suspect at best.

black label

Reaction score
WHO CARES MAN? CLOSE IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH. WE NEED TO WIN A FOOTBALL GAME PERIOD AND THESE JOKERS AREN'T DOING ENOUGH TO WIN PERIOD. STOP THE EXCUSES. WIN A GAME. JUST ONE IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK?

giphy.gif