Everyone needs to stop analyzing everyone and everything

AshyLarry06

Reaction score
Keep in mind that Cassel was PUSHED/RUSHED into duty after, what, two weeks here?
Had Cassel been in training camp and begun the season here I am sure he luck would be better.

The plain truth is that teams such as the Patriots can plug in players and succeed, heck, even without Brady at times.
Other teams like the Cowboys have never mastered the craft of bringing in a emergency QB (esept for the Jimma Johnson era) and see him succeed.
It all boils down to a team that unravels when its starting QB is lost for 6-8 games. And that points to a lack of leadership from the top, and I mean Jason Garrett and not Jerra.
Jason Garrett as a assistant coach. Yep.
Jason Garrett as a HC. Not even at the college level. He's the kind of HC that a player can disrepect to his face and get away with it and then Jason say, he say "he's a passionate player. He's an intelligent player and a leader."
In high school, that is the kind of coach we'd call a weenie, yet everybody want to be in his phys ed class or history class cause we knew we could thow gum at him when his back was turned and he never esploded at us.

Im sorry but i just do not see it the same way as you about Garret. If the man was such a little ***** *** pushover, why to the players LOVE playing for him and why do the players ALWQAYS play hard for him? The dude ain't going anywhere and i think people need to LITERALLY just C-H-I-L-L until TOny gets back,wjhether r record is 4-5 or 2-7, and have faith that Tony can run the table to go 7-0 and take us to the playoffs at 9-7 or 10-6. And yes, I am extremely confident that with Tony Romo at the helm, this team will win every game remaining, regular season AND playoffs including....the SUPERBOWL! N hot damn i hope i'm correct and it actually does happen because if/when it does, i'm gonna come back here and call out all the EXTREME Red Ball haters and Im gonna enjoy every second of it.

AshyLarry06

Reaction score
Yeah sure they have a chance against another couple of bad football teams, but based what we've seen in his losing streak they'll find someway to lose like they always do. That's who the Dallas Cowboys are. That's their identity and it has been for quite some time.
Has it? WHat happened last season?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Green Bay went 2-5-1 without Rodgers

yeah, but those stats don't support the original posters thesis....so lets not use that.

and btw, cassell with 11-5, having a nice supporting cast and they still missed the playoffs, which tells me it was a weak year in the AFC for a team to go 11-5 and not make the playoffs...tells me about the quality of the teams they played.

AshyLarry06

Reaction score
I agree about addressing the position but you are not offering any insight, you're just stating the obvious. Who should we have drafted, because I didn't see anyone worth drafting that we could of obtained realistically. Fitz, Vick are injured and McCoy can't beat cousins for the job. Why would you believe we would be in any different position with those guys? You would be the one belly aching that we wasted a draft pick on a qb that hasn't developed (see McGee) or for signing an aging vet which would lead to you criticizing the front office. It's a lose-lose scenario and from what it seems you cannot offer any better alternative, you arm chair gm you. I'd like to hear what you have to say since you clearly have the solution to the problems our team has.

And FYI I am not defending the front office I am just tired of people like you with the constant: shoulda, woulda, coulda position but yet cannot offer a better solution.

"
RunDMC said:
How about drafting a quarterback for once? We haven't drafted one since Stephen McGee. They saw what Weeden was last year and they stuck with him. That was the most pathetic, horrific quarterback performance all season and they BROUGHT HIM BACK. There were a number of backups out there that would've been improvements. You had Fitzpatrick who has played well for the Jets. Vick was out there. McCoy was out there. All would've been better than the current bums."

I agree with both of yall, Supercowboy in the sense that im tired of the week-to-week fans *****ing about every damn thing AFTER the fact too, it's just damn tiring and i bet 90 % of the *****ers n moaners were freakin lickin Garrett's toes last season. That being said, i do agree with RunDMC that this disastrous start and potential ruined season falls 100% on the shoulders of the front office, 100 ***** percent. Why? Because like DMC said, WHY the **** would you stick with BRANDEN WEEDEN as the LONE backup after not only his atrocious performance last year but also the catastrophe that was Weeden in Cleveland. I mean the guy has PROVEN that he CAN NOT PLAY QB AT THE NFL LEVEL. PERIOD. But JJ/SJ/McClay/ or whoever it was in the FO just didnt think an upgrade to our backup qb sitch "mattered" or they UNFATHOMABLY thought that WEEDEN WOULD BE OK!! Regardless, neither of the two short-bus strategies were even close to BELOW-AVERAGE and guess what? It came back to bite us NOT only in the Arse, but it bit us in the entire crotchal region including the little weiner JJ posseses.

AshyLarry06

Reaction score
yeah, but those stats don't support the original posters thesis....so lets not use that.

and btw, cassell with 11-5, having a nice supporting cast and they still missed the playoffs, which tells me it was a weak year in the AFC for a team to go 11-5 and not make the playoffs...tells me about the quality of the teams they played.

I agree with your overall premise but how in the hell does a team that finishes 11-5 but still fails to make the tournament mean the conference (AFC in this case) was going thru a "Weak year"??? If anythings its the complete opposite of that, the AFC musta been killin' it that year if 11-5 wasnt even good enough for a wildcard spot...

AshyLarry06

Reaction score
Clearly Romo. Is this even a question?

So by using ur logic, does that mean the Packers are where they are all bc of Rodgers and not McCarthy? Because when Rodgers was out, they went 2-5-1 and ONE of the BIG-TIME 2 WINS was the 6496849689586 point second half come back with Matt Flynn lookin like jonny unitas and guess what?! TONY ROMO WAS PLAYING IN THAT GAME!!! WHAT THE HECK!! HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE!?

DFWJC

Reaction score
The truth is that no matter how much Weeden sucks, or how poorly Cassel has played, or how bad a play caller Linehan has been or how poor a head coach Garrett is and even how bad an owner Jerry and son are, the fact is that you can win off of scheme alone.
The Patriots have won with their scheme for many years now. When Rodgers broke his collar bone they even won with scheme. When injuries take place and especially to the QB position the number one thing to have established is a scheme that can help a team and its QB to still move the ball and produce. We are lacking in that department. Our scheme is not good at all.

Let me give you these two stats and I am done:

1. Cassel 11-5
2. Flynn 6 TDs in one game

Cassel has not been productive since leaving the Patriots and Flynn can't even land a job.

Just some trivia, and it was 5 years ago, but with KC in 2010:

Matt Cassel
27 TDs
7 INTS
team 10-5
Pro Bowl

AshyLarry06

Reaction score
Huh? Didn't the Cowboys win 12 games last year and isn't Matt Cassel playing and losing for that same team in the subsequent year? Like, this year.

What actualcowboys is saying is Cassel theoretically is playing with a team that won 12 games a year previous but in REALITY, the ROSTER Cassel was playing with was nothing CLOSE to the 12-4 Boyz frm lsat year. Get it now, champ? :oldcouple:

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
So by using ur logic, does that mean the Packers are where they are all bc of Rodgers and not McCarthy? Because when Rodgers was out, they went 2-5-1 and ONE of the BIG-TIME 2 WINS was the 6496849689586 point second half come back with Matt Flynn lookin like jonny unitas and guess what?! TONY ROMO WAS PLAYING IN THAT GAME!!! WHAT THE HECK!! HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE!?

Thanks for bringing up a game that was not even relevant to last season, which was the exact question. And good job bringing up that Green Bay game where if Garrett had actually stuck with the run that was destroying the Packers, the game would have been won. You probably should have tried another game to get your excuse making out of the way.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Also, for those touting that one game by Flynn as having any sort of meaning.

Matt Flynn QB rating at Green Bay = 86.3
Matt Flynn career QB rating everywhere = 85.9

Basically identical

Doomsay

Reaction score
What actualcowboys is saying is Cassel theoretically is playing with a team that won 12 games a year previous but in REALITY, the ROSTER Cassel was playing with was nothing CLOSE to the 12-4 Boyz frm lsat year. Get it now, champ? :oldcouple:

Srue tihng, CHAMP.

AshyLarry06

Reaction score
He has not quit there so that's not currently an option. You probably can't have Belichick either.

You would have to get an NFL assistant, a college HC or an NFL HC that was fired for being incompetent with his previous team.

So you start looking at assistants with good schemes. Brady's OC was a failed HC. The Packers previous OC failed as the HC in Miami.

College. Saban already failed as an NFL HC. Chip Kelly is currently failing in Philly.

Retreads. I think Whisenhunt just got fired.

exactly, people are always lookin for someone to replace "The Pea-Brained Ginger" when theres NO ONE OUT THERE that is a KNOWN commodity, yet the JG haters STILL rather prefer someone like KLIFF KINGSBURY to coach your Dallas Cowboys. Unreal.

AshyLarry06

Reaction score
Wasn't Garrett the coach with basically the same cast of characters all the other years to? One good season doesn't make him any more than an ok coach. He would be a very good GM but his coaching skills are suspect at best.

No, he was not the coach with "Basically the same cast of characters all the other years" unless of course you're trying to say that Romo, Dez, and Witten are the guys that define your "cast of characters"... Remember that O-Line before last season? Remember when NATE LIVINGS and MONTRAE HOLLAND were playing G for us? Yeah...is that the same cast of characters as a 2014 Ronald Leary and the Beast of the East known as Zach Martin? **** no. TFCO though, go back to ur little anger pit and try to come up with some other ludicrous hate.

AshyLarry06

Reaction score
Thanks for bringing up a game that was not even relevant to last season, which was the exact question. And good job bringing up that Green Bay game where if Garrett had actually stuck with the run that was destroying the Packers, the game would have been won. You probably should have tried another game to get your excuse making out of the way.

What are you saying?? The dude was trying to say that last years success should be solely credited to Romo, not Garret, and i disagreed and provided my proof as to WHY i disagreed. The PROOF was that if Romo is given all the credit and garrett none for 12-4, why should McCarthy get any credit for going 2-5-1 when A-Rod went out when he really should have gone 1-6-1? N the only reason i even brought that game up was for RECORD purposes, it had nothing to do with the STRATEGY of that old **** *** game nor did it possess any relevance to last season at all whatsoever in ANY way, shape or form LOL. It had nothing to do with ANYTHING you just said Alexander lmao idk what you are talking about bro.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I agree with your overall premise but how in the hell does a team that finishes 11-5 but still fails to make the tournament mean the conference (AFC in this case) was going thru a "Weak year"??? If anythings its the complete opposite of that, the AFC musta been killin' it that year if 11-5 wasnt even good enough for a wildcard spot...
my point is that 6 other teams had better record than 11-5....so I uess its better stated weak opponnets for the AFC...11-5 came in second in their division...and the worst team in that division was 7-9....so yeah AFC might have been strong, but their opponents weren't.

AshyLarry06

Reaction score
my point is that 6 other teams had better record than 11-5....so I uess its better stated weak opponnets for the AFC...11-5 came in second in their division...and the worst team in that division was 7-9....so yeah AFC might have been strong, but their opponents weren't.

ohhhhh ok ok i gotcha, context is a difficult thing to understand many a time on the interweb

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
If the man was such a little ***** *** pushover, why to the players LOVE playing for him and why do the players ALWQAYS play hard for him?

they love him because he is a milktoast personage and not a fire-breather like a coughlin or Jimma Johnson. Most people like laid-back bosses, players no eseption.
Also, you misused the word literally when I guess you meant figuratively.
So I guess I am better than you.

AshyLarry06

Reaction score
they love him because he is a milktoast personage and not a fire-breather like a coughlin or Jimma Johnson. Most people like laid-back bosses, players no eseption.
Also, you misused the word literally when I guess you meant figuratively.
So I guess I am better than you.

Where did i use "literally" there?

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Where did i use "literally" there?

If i responded to the wrong post i apologize like brenda lee singing "I'm Sorry." but the reference was to "litterally chill."

OK i found your responce: The dude ain't going anywhere and i think people need to LITERALLY just C-H-I-L-L until TOny gets back,wjhether r record is 4-5 or 2-7, and have faith that Tony can run the table to go 7-0 and take us to the playoffs at 9-7 or 10-6.

A person who literally chill will die. A person who figuratively chill will relax.:)