Everyone we needed to lose won

utrunner07

Reaction score
StylisticS;2438821 said:
Man that Pittsburgh game will be huge. If we win Thursday, you know that game will be on SNF on NBC.

oh man...i had not even thought about that...I am supposed to work that day and was going to have to miss it but i bet you are right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YIIIIIIPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PUMPED!

utrunner07

Reaction score
DallasEast;2438823 said:
Are doubters even reading the informative replies in this thread?

I can't speak for all of my brethern, but I for one am NOT.

:)

zeroburrito

Reaction score
noletime95;2438899 said:
Remaining schedules are not in the Cowboys favor at all:

Washington: NYG, @ Balt, @ Cin, Phi, @ SF. I'd be suprised if Washington doesn't manage to go AT LEAST 10-6 with a very good shot at 11-5 (I think they manage to split the next two). The last three all look like W's at this point. I believe Washington will have the tiebreaker vs. Dallas. Even if Dalls catches Wash in Division, right now Wash. also has the better conference record.

Carolina: @ GB, TB, Den, @ NYG, @ NO. Although they have a game lead on Dallas, I kinda like the Boys chances of beating out Carolina. In fact, I like em better than the chances of beating out the Skins. Dallas has a good chance to win the tiebreak by virtue of a conf record (if Dallas loses to Pitt) or common oppenents. I think 11-5 is best case for the Panthers.

Atlanta: @SD, @ NO, TB, @ Min, STL. Right now, ATL has the tiebreak by virtue of conf record. Only way that changes is if Dallas loses to Pitt and ATL beats SD. Dallas likely would win the common oppenent battle if that happens.

Tampa: NO, @ CAR, @ ATL, SD, Oak: 11-5 or better IMO. Last two games will likely be W's. In a 2-way tie, Dallas gets the tie-break by virture of head to head. In a 3-way tie, TB currently has the better conference record. Not sure how that would work.

GB, CHI and Min are all still factors, but I highly doubt two of those teams end up 10-6 or better. And I think we all agree that Dallas will have to win at least 10 games to make the playoffs.

However, I believe it will take 11. I think ATL will manage to win 10 games and has a good chance to hold the tiebreak on Dallas. I think TB takes the South, nullifying the only tiebreak Dallas currently holds. I also think Washington wins at least 10 games and will hold the tiebreak on Dallas. Carolina would have to totally fall apart not to win 10 games and may well go 11-5 (as I suggested earlier, Dallas probably gets the tie-break over Carolina).

I don't think a team has ever missed the playoffs in the modern era at 11-5. However, plently have missed it going 10-6, including Cleveland last year. It's not going to be easy at all for Dallas. SEA, Balt and @ PHI are must wins. Then Dallas has to manage a split @ Pitt and NYG.

thank you. like i said, we aren't even CLOSE to controlling our own destiny.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I wouldn't say everyone. Panthers lost which helps us if they continue to lose. It doesn't help us immediately but this process wasn't goign to take overnight. Its going to take time.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Seattle missed the playoffs with an 11-5 record back in the early to mid 80's. They were in the AFC then.

LowTech

the most important member
Reaction score
Who cares what seed we are today. The only thing I care about is what seed we are week 17.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
However, I don't think there's a chance in hell of an 11-5 team missing the playoffs this year. 10-6 guarantees nothing this year.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
utrunner07;2438799 said:
Not true.

And by the way...allow me to introduce you to reality:

Sea
@Pitt
NY
Balt
@ Philli

Sea is an easy win...so we will probably struggle
@ Pitt -hard
NY - Hader
Balt Hard
@ Philli - Never Easy

No game is easy. I agree with him. We do control our own destiny. If we win we'll be alright. It won't be easy but if we're as good as we think we are then we'll be okay. But if you want this team to suck in December like they've been doing the past couple of years than yea you'll probably be heart broken. That's not going to cut it. We're going to have to be solid in December this year. If we go into the postseason we'll be going in STRONG for the 1st time since the 90's.

zeroburrito

Reaction score
rocyaice;2438997 said:
No game is easy. I agree with him. We do control our own destiny. If we win we'll be alright. It won't be easy but if we're as good as we think we are then we'll be okay. But if you want this team to suck in December like they've been doing the past couple of years than yea you'll probably be heart broken. That's not going to cut it. We're going to have to be solid in December this year. If we go into the postseason we'll be going in STRONG for the 1st time since the 90's.

you are missing the point. we do NOT control our own destiny. i'm starting to think people don't know what that means. controlling your own destiny means you can win whats in front of you and make the playoffs with no help. this is not the case. we need help.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
zeroburrito;2438961 said:
thank you. like i said, we aren't even CLOSE to controlling our own destiny.

We're VERY close to controlling our own destiny. Everything would have to break exactly wrong for 12-4 not to make the playoffs.

zeroburrito

Reaction score
AdamJT13;2439016 said:
We're VERY close to controlling our own destiny. Everything would have to break exactly wrong for 12-4 not to make the playoffs.

you know other teams are saying the same thing about themselves going 12-4. what happens if those other teams go 12-4? we're out. just because we go 12-4 doesn't mean other teams didn't run the table, or get the same record as us. what happens if the skins, tampa and carolina go 12-4?

zeroburrito

Reaction score
Star4Ever;2439029 said:
None of those other teams are going to go 12-4.

i wonder what they're saying about us? do other fans really think we will go 12-4? you do know tb and carolina have a win on us right(only one of them will be fighting with us for a spot though)? washington has the tie-breaker with an easier scheduule. atlanta is also ahead of us i believe.

Kaika

Have a Good Day Pilgrims
Reaction score
There is no sense in worrying about what any other team does ,we have absolutely no control over what happens with them.

We have to take care of our own business and win our games and see where we end up when the dust settles.

No sense in being worried about things we have no control over.

zeroburrito

Reaction score
sandtrapp;2439043 said:
There is no sense in worrying about what any other team does ,we have absolutely no control over what happens with them.

We have to take care of our own business and win our games and see where we end up when the dust settles.

No sense in being worried about things we have no control over.

yep. we do not control our own destiny! we have to win and HOPE for the best. so lets keep winning and pray other teams falter.

Ren

Reaction score
zeroburrito;2438359 said:
yea, but we don't control our own destiny. not by a long shot. we have put ourselves in a position where we NEED other teams to faulter..

we kinda do since a lot of the teams we need to lose still have to play each other so as long as we win we're set

zeroburrito

Reaction score
Ren;2439048 said:
we kinda do since a lot of the teams we need to lose still have to play each other so as long as we win we're set

they can still hit 12-4 even playing each other. it would require a perfect storm, just like us going 12-4 would require. if we do go 12-4 we would be the best team in the nfl hands down.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
zeroburrito;2439022 said:
you know other teams are saying the same thing about themselves going 12-4.

Most of the teams saying that DO control their own destiny.

what happens if those other teams go 12-4? we're out. just because we go 12-4 doesn't mean other teams didn't run the table, or get the same record as us.

But IF we go 12-4, the only way we don't make the playoffs is if an extremely unlikely set of circumstances occurs. The difficult part will be winning our next five games, not getting the tiny bit of "help" we need.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
zeroburrito;2439034 said:
i wonder what they're saying about us? do other fans really think we will go 12-4? you do know tb and carolina have a win on us right(only one of them will be fighting with us for a spot though)? washington has the tie-breaker with an easier scheduule. atlanta is also ahead of us i believe.

I don't think we'll go 12-4 either, but I think we have a better chance at it than the Skins or any of the South teams. The South play each other quite a bit over the next few weeks, and the Foreskins simply aren't good enough. The Pittsburgh game will tell the tale for us. Win that one and we just might pull it off. I think we'll beat the Giants (revenge and division game ) and Ravens at home and the Pigeons are in melt-down mode.