Twitter: Evidence now also shows accuser plotted to extort Cowboys RB Ezekiel Elliott on previous oc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
I am pretty sure that if Zeke was beating this woman or abusing her...It would have shown up in 1, 2 maybe more of her friends texts or statements. I have yet to see ANY of that.

That's a great point. A lot of things just aren't adding up. It's sad to say, but there are people in this world who use false accusations to blackmail famous people. I don't know for a fact that she's doing that, but there's a lot that's just not adding up.

robbieruff

Reaction score
Have you seen her? Pretty decent hill to die on if you had to pick one . . . ;)
Oh i get it...contrarian view troll is your MO...I understand now. Physically she is at best a 5-6, objectively speaking...you need to raise your standards or lower the alcohol...clouds the perspective.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When they're uploaded is not the same as when they were taken, the pictures of her injuries were determined by investigators by the meta data on her phone were taken from the 17th to the 22nd, those pictures in that article could have been taken weeks or month's before, then uploaded on the 22nd....that doesn't mean they were taken on the 22nd

Wow!

It's a good thing that the only eyes that you can cover here are your own! Have fun in ignorance!
:thumbup:

robbieruff

Reaction score
lol

look, man, the cases are not carbon copies. There are different facts, and therefore different potential claims in court. Previous court cases are used as persuasive sources and are not 100% fool proof dispositive as so many people online seem to think that they are.

Brady: deflated footballs, lack of notice argument, etc.

Zeke: DV allegations, witness credibility, possible extortion, etc.

The facts are different. The case will be litigated almost entirely different from the Brady case should it go to trial before a judge. Counsel from both sides will likely cite the Brady case to find parts to explain why this one should be decided the same or why it's entirely different and how the judge got it wrong last time, etc. That's how the system works...it's not a math equation where "well Brady lost so Zeke can't even sue".
Wow...talk about "never said"...how to you glean from my original post that I said anything was a fait accompli? I merely stated what any sane observer would assert from the Brady case...that the CBA language makes it difficult for any appealing party to challenge the commish's disciplinary authority. How is that factor alone not going to be common to both cases? Please, thrill me with your legal acumen and tell me how you argue around that? I didn't compare the substance of the cases, just that BOTH are dealing with a common road block...how is that so difficult to process, BRO?

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Let the battle for public opinion rage!

I knew this would get ugly, but wow! Even I'm surprised at this point!
:omg:

I am not surprised by the NFL's smug socially conscious angle here, all designed to appease the rabid crowd that is all too eager to cheer for a public stoning.

They have spent years spit polishing the shield for it's own greedy interests.

At this point, they have won what they wanted. Their image is preserved, they threw the book at Elliott and scored a game tying FG at least.

Now they can be satisfied with the tie, or go for the win. I can see them offering a reduction (at least privately) and still save face as the league that says "No More!".

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am not surprised by the NFL's smug socially conscious angle here, all designed to appease the rabid crowd that is all too eager to cheer for a public stoning.

They have spent years spit polishing the shield for it's own greedy interests.

At this point, they have won what they wanted. Their image is preserved, they threw the book at Elliott and scored a game tying FG at least.

Now they can be satisfied with the tie, or go for the win. I can see them offering a reduction (at least privately) and still save face as the league that says "No More!".

They can offer whatever they want. Unless it's acquittal, it's pointless.

But they can lose this one legally, and still claim victory in that "we tried". And that's what this whole thing is about. Make someone else have to make the tough decision that you obviously can't and risk being seen as "the bad guy". Crystal clear.

Alexander

Reaction score
They can offer whatever they want. Unless it's acquittal, it's pointless.

How so? Right now a good chunk of who the NFL is trying to impress is already pleased with their pound of flesh. Getting it reduced via arbitrator is not nearly as much of a loss as you might think.

But they can lose this one legally, and still claim victory in that "we tried". And that's what this whole thing is about. Make someone else have to make the tough decision that you obviously can't and risk being seen as "the bad guy". Crystal clear.
Who would be the bad guy? The league? No sir, they already have the white hat and are painting Elliott as the mustache twirling villain.

Alexander

Reaction score
Fight in court.

Prove Zeke did it and Thompson didnt have one of her friends whoop her ***
Even a court battle would not focus on his guilt/innocence or the credibility of the victim.

This is a different issue from that. The court system is not going to function to exonerate Elliott of any wrong doing since, well, legally, he was never charged with any wrong doing.

The high courts don't operate to hear cases involving reputation or clearing someone's name. It is about the law and the ability of the league to serve up whatever punishment it sees fit.

In that case, they have all the ammo they need in the signed collective bargaining agreement.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Even a court battle would not focus on his guilt/innocence or the credibility of the victim.

This is a different issue from that. The court system is not going to function to exonerate Elliott of any wrong doing since, well, legally, he was never charged with any wrong doing.

The high courts don't operate to hear cases involving reputation or clearing someone's name. It is about the law and the ability of the league to serve up whatever punishment it sees fit.

In that case, they have all the ammo they need in the signed collective bargaining agreement.

while you are correct, if the decision is so patently unreasonable, the court could at worst issue a decision setting that out and saying the NFL should vacate the decision even if the court cannot do it itself

khiladi

Reaction score
So the NFL releases the Wells Report, but not this full investigation report while calling him a 'woman beater'.
Since when does a bruise on a woman automatically equal domestic violence? Do women not get bruises going about daily life like men do?

This whole thing is a joke and needs to be exposed as such.

I remember reading in the Hardy case that an expert witness stated that her bruises don't indicate domestic violence, but could have easily been a result of Hardy simply holding her, while she was going crazy. He stated that alcohol (can't remember if he mentioned drugs as well) that magnifies bruising.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How so? Right now a good chunk of who the NFL is trying to impress is already pleased with their pound of flesh. Getting it reduced via arbitrator is not nearly as much of a loss as you might think.

Because he's forever tarnished barring acquittal.

Who would be the bad guy? The league? No sir, they already have the white hat and are painting Elliott as the mustache twirling villain.

Anyone and everyone involved with letting the "woman beater" off the hook. The NFL has already botched every attempt prior, now they've thrown up their arms, thrown the book at the next guy, and will leave the true decision to someone else to ultimately make. That person then becomes "the bad guy" while the league claims they did all they'd could to "fight the good fight". Justice has nothing to do with it.

Setackin

radioactivecowboy88
Reaction score

So zeke can't appeal to get the decision reversed at all? This is just about how long he WILL be suspended? That's soo messed up... I hope the players fight hard during the next CBA.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
So Goodell and Mara read these and yet still a 6 game suspension? Goodell is dumber that I originally thought.

Zeke should hire a female to file a false report on Goodell and then after it goes public, retract it after the damage has been done and see how much he likes that.

Status
Not open for further replies.