Video: Ex-NFL Player Reaction: Is it right move for Dak to play out his contract?

khiladi

Reaction score
Actually I think this is a pretty stupid thought process to be honest and I’ve seen the same people who bashed Romo have an affinity for him now. Dak is flawed, he’s certainly not in that great category and he needs help but I think too many here are too far removed from the days where the team had former baseball players and guys who absolutely sucked at quarterback playing for the team to realize that we’ve had it pretty damn good for 2 decades at quarterback here.

The organization has failed countless great players and dak needs to eat his share of the blame for coming up short in huge moments but I think many here are so frustrated at the teams lack of success that they have misplaced it squarely on dak and they’ll do it again with the next quarterback when the results stay the same because it’s not just a player issue it’s a management issue,

Like I said I’m fine to move on from dak if the organization decides to move in a rebuild direction, or if they feel lance could be the guy but I have no faith that they’ll rebuild, they likely tow the middle- which is worse than this now
None of those eras had the talent Dak was surrounded with.. the eras of Chad Hutchinson were nothing like these days and this QB friendly era.. you put Dak on those rosters, he’d also look like Chad Hutchinson..

khiladi

Reaction score
Angry Dak: I'll show them Jones Boy! I'm only going to throw one pick in the playoffs this year, not 2-3!" :mad:
“Be careful what you wish for” is also one of my favorites.. 5-1 with noodle arm Cooper Rush…. Dak was 1-4 when Dalton was here and none of our starters on OL with Dalton, who had a better record that Dak. Couldn’t beat a winning team when Zeke was suspended, couldn’t even ***** double digit points. Quincy Carter records of futility before Amari came to bail him out and tell him when to throw the ball, because they are playing with no safety help over the top.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
“Be careful what you wish for” is also one of my favorites.. 5-1 with noodle arm Cooper Rush…. Dak was 1-4 when Dalton was here and none of our starters on OL with Dalton, who had a better record that Dak. Couldn’t beat a winning team when Zeke was suspended, couldn’t even ***** double digit points. Quincy Carter records of futility before Amari came to bail him out and tell him when to throw the ball, because they are playing with no safety help over the top.
Another reason why I'm not too optimistic about a winning record this year. With everyone brought back after a 3rd deflating Playoff loss on lame duck contracts, is this still the same squad that rallied around Cooper Rush? Defense was lights out during those games. Don't know if they still have it in them to win one for the gipper, or an injured Dak. Just hoping that Angry Dak, CeeDee and Micah thinking about being billionaires, Zimmer whipping the entitlement in its butt, and some of these kids who are playing for NFL jobs like Bass & Hoffman can make the difference.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
None of those eras had the talent Dak was surrounded with.. the eras of Chad Hutchinson were nothing like these days and this QB friendly era.. you put Dak on those rosters, he’d also look like Chad Hutchinson..

No he wouldn’t lol and that’s where your bias leads you astray. My point also wasn’t about strictly dak, although for you oddly everything is, my point was the idea that you can just go find a quarterback as if it’s easy. It isn’t.

khiladi

Reaction score
No he wouldn’t lol and that’s where your bias leads you astray. My point also wasn’t about strictly dak, although for you oddly everything is, my point was the idea that you can just go find a quarterback as if it’s easy. It isn’t.
Yes he would. Anybody claiming the rosters of those years were like what Dak had with 3 all-pro linemen pretty much his whole career and guys like Cooper and Lamb at WR is delusional.

Dak literally beat Quincy Carter’s record of futility in games not passing over 200 yards between 2017 and 2018 in this QB friendly era.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Notice all the Ex-WRs are the ones most adamant about keeping a decent QB?

Can tell who is impacted the most. Keyshawn thinking about the Quincy Carter years when he answers this question. LOL
Can't wait to see how CD rests with no QB. Should be fun.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Yes he would. Anybody claiming the rosters of those years were like what Dak had with 3 all-pro linemen pretty much his whole career and guys like Cooper and Lamb at WR is delusional.

Dak literally beat Quincy Carter’s record of futility in games not passing over 200 yards between 2017 and 2018 in this QB friendly era.
Really......Troy had arguable the best team ever assembled.

khiladi

Reaction score
Really......Troy had arguable the best team ever assembled.
Dak in a 2 WR set offense, no spread, traditional drop back, in the timing based offense wouldn’t be able to hit Michael Irvin, let alone the broad side of a barn..

Dak fanboys are delusional.

But we are talking about 2002 Cowboys and the Quincy Carter, Chad Hutchinson era.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Dak in a 2 WR set offense, no spread, traditional drop back, in the timing based offense wouldn’t be able to hit Michael Irvin, let alone the broad side of a barn..

Dak fanboys are delusional.

But we are talking about 2002 Cowboys and the Quincy Carter, Chad Hutchinson era.

Saying the guy is better than Chad Hutchinson isn’t being a fan boy. That’s where you lose any credibility that you think you may have. I can recognize that dak is not as good as his biggest supporters think and also he’s not as bad as arm chair uncle Rico cowboy zone posters say he is either.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Seeing as it is a thread about Dak, and you mentioned the GB game, certain conclusions can be logically drawn. Said conclusion being that Dak was responsible for the GB fiasco. Just not so...
That's right. It isn't so And I never said anything like that. That's one of the problems on this board is people make up stuff to object to and mucks everything up.

But anyway...since it is a dak thread, I will clarify my position on Dak and QB game. The defense got ran over hard. The offense didn't do ANYTHING for almost 3 qtrs.

Dak singlehandedly giving green bay 14 pts in the 1st half...finishes off the annihilation. That just can;t happen from the superstar QB "MVP" runner up 30 million dollar man.

It's my opinion he lost his cool when CD had a fit...tried to force it to him. Shows a HUGE fault in his game, not sure can be fixed.

khiladi

Reaction score
Saying the guy is better than Chad Hutchinson isn’t being a fan boy. That’s where you lose any credibility that you think you may have. I can recognize that dak is not as good as his biggest supporters think and also he’s not as bad as arm chair uncle Rico cowboy zone posters say he is either.
LOL..

the point is, you were claiming that the teams Dak has played on are anything like the teams Chad played on and the problem was we 2”were just trying to find the QB. Why did you do this? To elevate Dak.. This ain’t that era buddy and Dak walked into a SB-ready roster.

To summarize. What I said is Dak would have essentially been like Chad Hutchinson in that era, why:

The players surrounding Chad were trash. The whole franchise was in disarray and in a massive rebuild and it was still the 2002 DB rules.

Dak without Zeke during his suspension with the same amount of years as Chad, who took time off for baseball, was straight garbage. He was also straight garbage without Cooper and was setting Quincy Carter records of futility without him. These are basic facts.
Plus, they weren’t running an offense that would even cater to Dak’s skills-set, they were running traditional drop backs from under center.

Put Dak in the same context, he’d suck. He has NEVER operated on a team like that era of football, when Dallas was starting guys like Henson and Carter.

bandfan

Reaction score
That's right. It isn't so And I never said anything like that. That's one of the problems on this board is people make up stuff to object to and mucks everything up.

But anyway...since it is a dak thread, I will clarify my position on Dak and QB game. The defense got ran over hard. The offense didn't do ANYTHING for almost 3 qtrs.

Dak singlehandedly giving green bay 14 pts in the 1st half...finishes off the annihilation. That just can;t happen from the superstar QB "MVP" runner up 30 million dollar man.

It's my opinion he lost his cool when CD had a fit...tried to force it to him. Shows a HUGE fault in his game, not sure can be fixed.
Tom Brady threw 3 interceptions in a playoff game. FOUR different times. I suppose at some point you would have cut him.

morat1959

Reaction score
I don’t think Dak will be as sought after as many think. He’s a get you through until you find a QB. No team, no matter how much talent it has, will ever win a SB with Dak under center.

morat1959

Reaction score
Tom Brady threw 3 interceptions in a playoff game. FOUR different times. I suppose at some point you would have cut him.
It’s what he did in between the ints that mattered. Please don’t ever compare Brady to Dak. It shows….never mind.

bandfan

Reaction score
It’s what he did in between the ints that mattered. Please don’t ever compare Brady to Dak. It shows….never mind.
So, basically, you are saying that interceptions really don't matter. Not what I've heard on this board.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
Just let him go, we can find another QB it may take years, who cares!!!! We've had 8 years to see, what should we wait another 8?
You think you have another 8 years? Tomorrow ain't promised for any of us.