Excellent quote from Mahomes Dak should read it

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
45 million per year...…………...you call that taking less?

Dak wants 35 million per year and thats taking more? I guess math wasn't your strong suit eh?

Over the next 4 years Patrick Mahomes will average 25.7m per season, over the next 7 years he will only average 32m per season and yes over the next 12 he will average 45m. I wonder if you think Dak should take 25m per season over the next 4 or 32m per season over the next 7?

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Mahomes got $477 million in guaranteed money - well over $40 million per year - and the Chiefs are able to keep a lot of other guys.

Dak is asking for less and it's a cap killer? Seems like KC is better at managing the cap than Jerry & Son. Hardly surprising. :rolleyes:

Has it occurred to anyone that Dak might not want to hitch his wagon long-term to a team that's gone nowhere since he was in pre school?
Why don't you move to KC?
You and Dak.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
"The biggest thing they preached to me is kind of the same thing I already thought. It was good to just hear them. You want to have great players around you. You don't want to be a guy that takes up all the money and then all of a sudden you're having to sign different guys that will take cheaper deals. We're going to be able to reward players and keep a lot of these guys around that have built the culture even before I was here.''

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...ght-security-flexibility-chiefs-landmark-deal

This is just not compareable.

1. Mahomes played like a franchise QB last season. He showed the ability to carry his team. Especially in the SB.
Where Dak is a below medicore QB.

2. So with 1. Said the chiefs could afford to give him 40+ mils per year. Just because he does not need all the talent around him to be successful.
Where Dak needs a SB loaded roster to take his team to 8-8 and miss the playoffs.

But to say he isnt the guy who takes all the money is just a silly statement by Mahomes.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Over the next 4 years Patrick Mahomes will average 25.7m per season, over the next 7 years he will only average 32m per season and yes over the next 12 he will average 45m. I wonder if you think Dak should take 25m per season over the next 4 or 32m per season over the next 7?

All true, but its because its a rookie extension so his rookie deal is still in place for the next two years which grossly alters the average numbers of the deal.

But are you saying all that talk about 45 million for Dak or Mahomes was a bunch of BS? Which is it?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
This is just not compareable.

1. Mahomes played like a franchise QB last season. He showed the ability to carry his team. Especially in the SB.
Where Dak is a below medicore QB.

2. So with 1. Said the chiefs could afford to give him 40+ mils per year. Just because he does not need all the talent around him to be successful.
Where Dak needs a SB loaded roster to take his team to 8-8 and miss the playoffs.

But to say he isnt the guy who takes all the money is just a silly statement by Mahomes.

The fact you keep rambling about Dak being below mediocre or even mediocre just shows how completely clueless you are. Honestly...…….how can anyone take you seriously? Does anyone?

TwentyOne

Reaction score
The fact you keep rambling about Dak being below mediocre or even mediocre just shows how completely clueless you are. Honestly...…….how can anyone take you seriously? Does anyone?

Oh my. Did i step on your feet ?

Sorry for having a different opinion than you. Just because you are not able to accept mine doesnt make me clueless. It just shows your stubborness.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Dak knows he isn’t getting 45 million. He has wanted 40 and may get it now.. Hoping it’s closer to 37..

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Oh my. Did i step on your feet ?

Sorry for having a different opinion than you. Just because you are not able to accept mine doesnt make me clueless. It just shows your stubborness.

Your opinion is just as ridiculous as if I were to say that Zeke is a below average RB. It just sounds dumb.

Its like your not even close. Honestly...……….if your analysis is that Dak is a below average QB, then you are simply bad at it. No one can take you seriously with anything.

You don't like Dak, no problem. You don't think he is worth the money, no problem. But to act like he is average or below average is just bad analysis. He is clearly much better than that and everyone knows it but you.

You have to wonder why your opinion is so far from the norm? You are the outlier. The guy that clearly just doesnt get it. Typically in any scenario you throw out the outlier because its probably just a random event. Which is exactly what happens with your opinion. Throw it out, its useless.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"The biggest thing they preached to me is kind of the same thing I already thought. It was good to just hear them. You want to have great players around you. You don't want to be a guy that takes up all the money and then all of a sudden you're having to sign different guys that will take cheaper deals. We're going to be able to reward players and keep a lot of these guys around that have built the culture even before I was here.''

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...ght-security-flexibility-chiefs-landmark-deal
Reminder, @lk8701 only posts in his own threads and only creates controversial threads.

He likes to laugh at people that get worked up about his thread topics.

kskboys

Reaction score
Cowboys would give Dak a similar contract in a heartbeat.

jday

Reaction score
Mahomes got $477 million in guaranteed money - well over $40 million per year - and the Chiefs are able to keep a lot of other guys.

Dak is asking for less and it's a cap killer? Seems like KC is better at managing the cap than Jerry & Son. Hardly surprising. :rolleyes:

Has it occurred to anyone that Dak might not want to hitch his wagon long-term to a team that's gone nowhere since he was in pre school?

That 40k for Pat doesn't start for 3 years. So yeah, it was a very team-friendly deal.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Seems to me that the difference here is the representation. At least, that's my opinion. Understand, both of these agents are very high profile within the NFL. Dak is represented by CAA, which is France. There is a history there. France represented Romo and if we are all being honest, the Cowboys took a bath on Romo, in terms of contract. The team bet on Tony lasting and winning. Neither one of those things happened. France and CAA have a reputation and it's well deserved. They have a strategy and it's basically to negotiate the highest paying contracts possible. Not only that but it's also a strategy to go back and double dip on organizations, putting them in positions where they have to pay record follow on deals and they do it in a very short term. This puts a lot of financial pressure on teams and it's really not good.

Leigh Steinberg, on the other hand (Mahome's Representation), works differently. He is no stranger to the Cowboys organization either. Steinberg represneted Troy Aikman so the Cowboys know him well. Steinberg works differently. Steinberg believes in long term, career security contracts. Remember, Steingberg worked out the richest contract in NFL history for Troy, a 10 year deal that would secure Aikman's future. It's a very different approach.

Mahomes gets a record deal done and Dak is playing on the tag. I believe a lot of this goes back to the representation.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
If my salary is already in the millions, absolutely.

We're not talking the difference between 50 and 60 grand per year here.
how many big cvorporate managers CEOs do you know that have done this? the list in the didn't group is an encyclopedia. the list on the did it group is less than number of your fingers.

and so far, you are the only one who said you would...

but you also don't make millions, so its easy to say, hey, if I made millions I would....wait until you make millions and see how you do.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
All true, but its because its a rookie extension so his rookie deal is still in place for the next two years which grossly alters the average numbers of the deal.

But are you saying all that talk about 45 million for Dak or Mahomes was a bunch of BS? Which is it?

Take out the 4th year of his rookie deal whch is this year and the numbers are still far below 45m..take out this year and next year and the numbers are still far below 45m per season. In Mahomes last 5 years of his 10 year extension the numbers are far above a 45m per year average (none of which is guaranteed at the moment and which is very easy for the Chiefs to get out of if they want), but the 1st 5 years of the extension the numbers are no where close to 45m. As far as i know Dak only wanted 45m in the last year of a 5 year deal with the Cowboys if he gave them an extra year, i don't know if it's bs or not i only know that was what had been reported.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Take out the 4th year of his rookie deal whch is this year and the numbers are still far below 45m..take out this year and next year and the numbers are still far below 45m per season. In Mahomes last 5 years of his 10 year extension the numbers are far above a 45m per year average (none of which is guaranteed at the moment and which is very easy for the Chiefs to get out of if they want), but the 1st 5 years of the extension the numbers are no where close to 45m. As far as i know Dak only wanted 45m in the last year of a 5 year deal with the Cowboys if he gave them an extra year, i don't know if it's bs or not i only know that was what had been reported.

I know what has been reported and studied all of it.