[EXCLUSIVE] Madden NFL 10 News!

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score
WG5516;2610044 said:
I hope they improve the Franchise mode. Madden 09 is good on the PS3 if you want to play the game str8 up, but the franchise is horrible. For that, I play Madden 07 on my PS2.

http://www.solecismic.com/index.php

Any software like this for a Mac?

Not that I know of, unfortunately. If you can get your hands on a PC though, this game is PERFECT for people love the franchise mode of Madden (draft, free agency, all the GM stuff) moreso than playing the actual game. Front Office Football is by far the deepest (text) football simulation available, period.

InDakWeTrust

DezBRomo9
Reaction score
I am sorry but I have had almost every Madden since junior high, and the biggest improvement in not only gameplay was from 2007/2008 (which felt and played like the exact same game) to 2k9. 2k9 is so much better, with the adjusting difficulty, I would be playing the game so much more if they just tweaked the passing game (QB either throws a touch or fastball throw, you cannot put a tiny amount of arc to get over the LB's hands and into the receiver), the franchise drafting parts (deeper scouting, actual life like events at the draft, value the scouting department more, etc.) and they need to allow you to change a players position in franchise (LB to DE, etc) and not delete his personal statistics (I am picky about that, that is why Henry plays CB for me instead of FS!!!).

And lucky for me, I don't spend the money on these games, I can get all the 360 games for free!

MWILL

Fear the Afro
Reaction score
When It comes down to just playing Madden 09, I think it's great.

I can understand how some of you are fustrated by the PS3 controller scheme. I was too, but I got use to it and I find it better than the PS2 version.

It just takes time.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
joshjwc9;2610183 said:
I am sorry but I have had almost every Madden since junior high, and the biggest improvement in not only gameplay was from 2007/2008 (which felt and played like the exact same game) to 2k9. 2k9 is so much better, with the adjusting difficulty, I would be playing the game so much more if they just tweaked the passing game (QB either throws a touch or fastball throw, you cannot put a tiny amount of arc to get over the LB's hands and into the receiver), the franchise drafting parts (deeper scouting, actual life like events at the draft, value the scouting department more, etc.) and they need to allow you to change a players position in franchise (LB to DE, etc) and not delete his personal statistics (I am picky about that, that is why Henry plays CB for me instead of FS!!!).

And lucky for me, I don't spend the money on these games, I can get all the 360 games for free!

Hook me up with some freebies.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2610939 said:
Sweet and I get all of my rosters from there.

EA better make it worth it after leaving the pc folks high and dry last year.

me too, but i also use all the utilities. rza's editior. that new db editor. very useful

Ren

Reaction score
Beast_from_East;2609863 said:
Seriously guys, Madden on 360 freaking sucks. I hope they did a complete reprogram job for Madden 10, but I am not holding my breath.

09 is a huge improvement over earlier 360 versions, 06-08 sucked 09 does not it's not the best football game ever but it's the best one since ESPN2k5

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
LatinMind;2610948 said:
me too, but i also use all the utilities. rza's editior. that new db editor. very useful

I haven't figured the new one out so I still use the old one. :eek::

HanD

Reaction score
i had stopped getting madden since about 2002 and played exclusively the ncaa franchise. recruiting and building up small schools to transfer as coach to a big school is way more in depth and interesting than franchise IMO. also the atmosphere and how players get impacted etc etc. bought madden 2k9. decent game....i use it solely for online play though. i'll probably go back to ncaa...just wish you could play online in ncca with the players' names.

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
I love it, and the updated roster is great. It took off Pacman Jones not to long after Dallas cut him.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
HanD;2611008 said:
i had stopped getting madden since about 2002 and played exclusively the ncaa franchise. recruiting and building up small schools to transfer as coach to a big school is way more in depth and interesting than franchise IMO. also the atmosphere and how players get impacted etc etc. bought madden 2k9. decent game....i use it solely for online play though. i'll probably go back to ncaa...just wish you could play online in ncca with the players' names.

When I had an xbox I rented NCAA and it was ok. I didn't like that all the players were numbers instead of names. I know it's because they can't use their real names but it would suck to have to change the names of all the players.

HanD

Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2611025 said:
When I had an xbox I rented NCAA and it was ok. I didn't like that all the players were numbers instead of names. I know it's because they can't use their real names but it would suck to have to change the names of all the players.

you can download a modified roster file with names. the only thing is you can't use it for online play.

superpunk

Reaction score
EndGame;2609668 said:
I gave up on Madden after the 2007 version. It had become a game for button pushers. I have no interest in doing the "Press A-B-A-A-B-C-Left Trigger" to pass. Up until that version, I'd played in an online PC league for several years. I was done with it. I'll believe the next iteration is better when I see it.

Press "x" to hike the ball.

Locate receiver you want to throw to.

Press button of receiver you want to throw to.

Not sure where the difficulty enters into it...

Kilyin

Reaction score
superpunk;2611068 said:
Press "x" to hike the ball.

Locate receiver you want to throw to.

Press button of receiver you want to throw to.

Not sure where the difficulty enters into it...

Or if you use vision cone, you have to hold an extra button. Extremely complicated.

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
Kilyin;2611080 said:
Or if you use vision cone, you have to hold an extra button. Extremely complicated.

Don't use the vison cone, I never liked it so I just disabled. I like the PS3 version much better.