Extremeskins is getting testy...

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
CalMor said:
If I were Art, I would start watching my back going to games.

Well...who knows, maybe he is a very nice guy away from the boards.

But anybody I guess could be at risk from someone that is twisted and thinks they got dissed on a message board so they need to find that person and make them pay, but I doubt that happens very often.....so I don't think he needs to worry about watching his back.

Hoov

Reaction score
Hey i just read TE 77 post...is he joking, i don't know because i'm new but i think it would be fun to have smack talk with eagles fans on game week as long as it stays in smack talk zone.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hoov said:
Hey i just read TE 77 post...is he joking, i don't know because i'm new but i think it would be fun to have smack talk with eagles fans on game week as long as it stays in smack talk zone.

Good natured smack talk that does not violate the rules is always ok.

Problem is that he, and the few eagles fans that visit this board on a regular basis, seem to be in the minority of good eagles fans.

We had a group of some of the other eagles fans that came over with the sole intention of trolling and not being able to follow the guidelines.

So we made it very clear that those actions would not be tolerated and especially from members of other teams fans.

Once again, follow the rules and keep it civil and all will be good....get out of line and they will be gone.

Hoov

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:

Problem is that he, and the few eagles fans that visit this board on a regular basis, seem to be in the minority of good eagles fans.

We had a group of some of the other eagles fans that came over with the sole intention of trolling and not being able to follow the guidelines.

So we made it very clear that those actions would not be tolerated and especially from members of other teams fans.

Once again, follow the rules and keep it civil and all will be good....get out of line and they will be gone.

sounds good to me, thanks for clearing that up BP

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:

Next time, just let them get owned...over and over and over....Owning Eagles is good for your health as well :D

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Well...who knows, maybe he is a very nice guy away from the boards.

...isn't this the problem though. Anonimity in this medium allows people to display character traits they would normally not be able to get away with in face to face company.

On the net it seems that everyone is larger than life, the next superhero, and beyond reproach. To me, a lack of civility on the keyboard or in person is one in the same.

Art's internet persona is not one to aspire to in the least as well as some who lurk here.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
davidyee said:
...isn't this the problem though. Anonimity in this medium allows people to display character traits they would normally not be able to get away with in face to face company.

On the net it seems that everyone is larger than life, the next superhero, and beyond reproach. To me, a lack of civility on the keyboard or in person is one in the same.

Art's internet persona is not one to aspire to in the least as well as some who lurk here.
Classic cowardly behavior. These types are very easy to spot. They try to demean any opinion that differs from theirs. They are usually very rude and obnoxious. In the ‘real’ world they probably have a shy and meek personality but get them behind the pant leg of the Internet and they become the always-right condescending braggart who strikes with vengeance anyone who dares question them. Couple the aforementioned characteristics with a little power and you truly have a ‘Internet bully/egomaniac/jack arse’ on your hands. It really is a shame because Kingpice, Henry, OM, and Bufford are really stand up guys and deserve better.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
davidyee said:

ad butcher said:
Classic cowardly behavior. These types are very easy to spot. They try to demean any opinion that differs from theirs. They are usually very rude and obnoxious. In the ‘real’ world they probably have a shy and meek personality but get them behind the pant leg of the Internet and they become the always-right condescending braggart who strikes with vengeance anyone who dares question them. Couple the aforementioned characteristics with a little power and you truly have a ‘Internet bully/egomaniac/jack arse’ on your hands. It really is a shame because Kingpice, Henry, OM, and Bufford are really stand up guys and deserve better.

Careful gentlemen....these posts are starting to resemble me and my demeanor.

>sip<

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
Crown Royal said:
Careful gentlemen....these posts are starting to resemble me and my demeanor.

>sip<
Hardly you don't have any power to speak of and whatever ego-tripping you exhibit can be directly link to your love of the "Crown". :p

You are not one of the ones I am talking about but they know who they are.

Hoov

Reaction score
adbutcher said:
Hardly you don't have any power to speak of and whatever ego-tripping you exhibit can be directly link to your love of the "Crown". :p

You are not one of the ones I am talking about but they know who they are.

Huh....i dont know why your jumping on crown, i actually thought he was giving you a compliment, with a little bit of humour mixed in. appeared that he thought you were making a logical and rational statement. Now it sounds like you are ego triping and the post above sounds like an emotional backlash.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hoov said:
Huh....i dont know why your jumping on crown, i actually thought he was giving you a compliment, with a little bit of humour mixed in. appeared that he thought you were making a logical and rational statement. Now it sounds like you are ego triping and the post above sounds like an emotional backlash.

I don't think you read his post right, because I did not take it at all like that...but hey maybe I read it wrong.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
Hoov said:
Huh? What are you talking about? I am not jumping on crown. Further I am not the type to jump on anyone on or off line. Ddid you not see the ":p" in my reply to him? That usually signifies a tongue in cheek comment.

BTW, since when did you start wearing a cape for Crown?

Hoov

Reaction score
ooops, sorry adbutcher, my bad. and no i didn't know what the p at the end of the reply signified, thanks for clarifying, actually now one of your replies to an earlier post by me makes a lot more sense now.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
Hoov said:
ooops, sorry adbutcher, my bad. and no i didn't know what the p at the end of the reply signified, thanks for clarifying, actually now one of your replies to an earlier post by me makes a lot more sense now.
Not a problem bro. I am all about peace. I try my best to live and let live.

I wish all here would try to be more civil but I guess you got to have one in every bunch. Take it easy.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
adbutcher said:
Not a problem bro. I am all about peace. I try my best to live and let live.

I wish all here would try to be more civil but I guess you got to have one in every bunch. Take it easy.
Shall we all hold hands and sing kumbaya now?:D