Ezekiel Elliott Appreciation Thread **merged**

endersdragon

Reaction score
Based on the last 3 weeks he's on pace beat Dickerson's rookie rushing record with 1,856 yards, based on the last 2 weeks he would crush it with 2,080 yards. Even when you consider his overall pace this season he still would get over 1,600 yards

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
I know. 150 last week. 140 this week. He's obviously good. But I'm not convinced he's top-5-draft-pick-good. He lacks the Dorsett burst. He had 140 yards. But the holes were gigantic and with better breakaway speed he should have had 180-200, maybe more, with a couple of touchdowns. There were at least three big runs where a top-5 talent should have turned on the jets and scored. There was one on the drive where Dorsett would have scored easily. Smith would have been tackled inside the five. I think McFadden would have scored.

I can't complain too much, because he's obviously productive. But he strikes me as a quality third-round mudder that we used an elite draft pick on. I think I might rather have Buckner and the right third-round back. I'm just not convinced that he's worth the draft capital we spent on him.

Just MO. Figure it's an interesting conversation.

Huh? Seriously? What's he averaging on the season per carry now? Those 5 yard runs are turning into 23 yard gains. I expect those 23 yard runs to turn into 50-60 here in the next couple of games. The niners blitzed so much even on running downs.

Dude is a top 5 talent paid scouts believe that and I'll take there word on that over yours since this is their job. Third Round mudder?

Zero credibility with that statement

Although you probably wanted Ramsey

kevm3

Reaction score
Zeke is showing up. I could care less about 'meat on the bone' or some such nonsense that might be levied against him. When the team needs that crucial first down, I like the fact we have a guy that can go get it. Homeruns are nice, but having a guy on the field that can continually help in converting those 3rd downs is critical. Zeke's finally rounding into game form.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I drafted Zeke #1 overall in my fantasy football draft figuring he would start off slow and finish big late in the year. He has acclimated to the league much faster than I thought he would!
I told everyone I know to get him early......I drafted 8/10 and 12/14 nad had no chance ......got JJones and Gronk

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Zeke is showing up. I could care less about 'meat on the bone' or some such nonsense that might be levied against him. When the team needs that crucial first down, I like the fact we have a guy that can go get it. Homeruns are nice, but having a guy on the field that can continually help in converting those 3rd downs is critical. Zeke's finally rounding into game form.
He gets positive yards almost every time........doesn't lose yards to try and break a big one for glory

phildadon86

Reaction score
The hate he gets for where he was picked. Did you see him out there on the most important defensive series telling the veterans to get it done. You can't teach that kinda stuff. Yet. Every defensive player available hasn't come close to helping their teams as much as Zeke has helped us so far.

robjay04

Reaction score
I love his leadership and swag.

He knows he is the most talented player on the field and he makes sure everyone knows it.

Health is always the key for running backs, just ask Emmitt, if he can stay healthy, he will be a legend.

Last edited:

skinsscalper

Reaction score
I drafted Zeke #1 overall in my fantasy football draft figuring he would start off slow and finish big late in the year. He has acclimated to the league much faster than I thought he would!

Ditto..............................three times out of five leagues.

:muttley: