Ezekiel Elliott Appreciation Thread **merged**

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
Great post but it will fall on deaf ears. The chickens wanna squawk...so they'll just squawk louder.
rkrz7b.jpg

TheRomoSexual

Reaction score
Push what agenda?

I said before the draft that we'd be stupid to use the 4th on a RB.

I said after the draft that Zeke will be awesome while healthy on his first contract with the Cowboys.

Those statements are not mutually exclusive.

I agree, on that point I have no problem. That's you position, and while I disagree I respect it. But you attacking any poster that compares Ramsey to Zeke is getting a little ridiculous, especially when you really reach for arguments like he's leading solely because of his carry numbers. Zeke has averaged over five yards a carry the last two games, which is insanely hard to do at this carry level.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Push what agenda?

I said before the draft that we'd be stupid to use the 4th on a RB.

I said after the draft that Zeke will be awesome while healthy on his first contract with the Cowboys.

Those statements are not mutually exclusive.
The biggest case of CYA ever.........RBs at 4 are not only OK, it is the surest way to get a HoFer

This idea of 'value at 4' is a made up construct by wanna be draftniks....getting EE at 4 is huge win

QT

Reaction score
For the record, i never compared Ramsey with Elliott. I just said Ramsey was not worth a 4th pick. I watched lots of pre-draft workouts of Ramsey and could tell he had bad hip movement and bad hands. I said Hargreaves is a better corner then him. Got bashed and got likes. Doesnt matter, point is Ramsey is not worth a top 5 pick.

TheRomoSexual

Reaction score
For the record, i never compared Ramsey with Elliott. I just said Ramsey was not worth a 4th pick. I watched lots of pre-draft workouts of Ramsey and could tell he had bad hip movement and bad hands. I said Hargreaves is a better corner then him. Got bashed and got likes. Doesnt matter, point is Ramsey is not worth a top 5 pick.

Not to mention he averaged one 1 interception in college.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
I am here to officially eat my plate of Crow ala Zeke. I was abjectly against the pick when it was made, and thought we would pay for it for the next four years.

Instead, for the next five plus years we are going to have the best all-purpose back in the league, and even if Ramsey is a player (I think he is), Zeke is a Cowboy and there is no way I would have it any other way.

I apologize to the supporters of the Zeke pick that I gave "likes" to your detractors. I handed out several hundred, conservatively, as at the time I was too chicken **** to actually post on this board, so my voice was my "like."

With the consistency of Mo, and Byron balling, Ramsey isn't as much of a necessity as it seemed he would be before the draft.

Zeke is life. I'm on the wagon, please make room for my tush.