Ezekiel Elliott could face lengthy ban, Jerry Jones talks with NFL investigator

RS12

Reaction score
Ezekiel Elliott is having a historic rookie season for the Cowboys and has been one of the game's most productive running backs, but he could face a lengthy suspension if the NFL's current investigation finds he have violated the league's domestic abuse policy, according to sources with knowledge of the situation.

Authorities in Columbus, Ohio declined to press charges against Elliott following an incident there this summer, in which a complaint was filed against Elliott claiming five instances of domestic abuse, and the NFL's probe into the situation continues.

Multiple sources said that during the recent league meetings in Houston, Cowboys owner Jerry Jones raised the topic of the probe with Lisa Friel, a former New York prosecutor who spearheads the NFL's domestic violence investigations as a special counsel for the league. According to these sources, the interaction between Jones and Friel occurred with other league and team executives within earshot, and Friel did not respond to Jones during the interaction.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/e...-ban-jerry-jones-talks-with-nfl-investigator/

newera

Reaction score
  • NFL looking to use a big name to look tough on this issue. I don't believe anything will come of it but by putting it out there that they're investigating one of the more popular players in the league, the NFL is trying to save some face

TheKey

Faster than Felix
Reaction score
If the NFL continues down this path of suspending guys because the PC justice warriors are going to protest if they don't, I as a season ticket holder will sell my seats and never watch another game again. I'll go watch more college and high school. I am sick and tired of this stuff taking away from the game.

Why have no Josh Browns or Greg Hardys sued the league? If I lost my job because of an accusation, and my employer grouped up with other employers in the same industry and conspired to keep me out of work, I would sue. And I would win.

Jinxx13x

Reaction score
What a joke the NFL screws up when its the giants kicker now they want to make an example of Zeke for something charges weren't even brought on. This is a joke !!

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
what is this? I thought it was proven she was trying to blackmail him? Why is this a story by a national reporter?

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Anyone else around here trust Goodell to not screw with the Cowboys?

th

Sydla

Reaction score
Nothing should happen.

But this is the NFL we are talking about here. I expect Elliott to get nailed here by the NFL. That's just how those butt wipes operate.

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
nothing will happen...legally cleared means he didnt do anything...they cant punish someone over doing literally nothing.

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
even if Zeke gets suspended, he will appeal ( and should ) and still get to play

the appellate judge will laugh the NFL right out of court

Proximo

Reaction score
It sucks for EE that his name is essentially being dragged through the mud over and over, even though all indications are that he did not commit any crime at all.

Sydla

Reaction score
nothing will happen...legally cleared means he didnt do anything...they cant punish someone over doing literally nothing.

You are talking about a league that fined the Cowboys and Commanders for salary cap violations in an uncapped year, likely because Mara complained to his boy Goodell. A league that made a huge deal about how they take domestic abuse seriously and that they had a zero tolerance policy now on this stuff and then decide to ignore the mandatory suspension period and only give Josh Brown one game for mitigating circumstances. LOL. Yeah maybe because the investigator is a Giants season ticket holder and Goodell is in the pocket of Mara.

I wouldn't put anything past these guys. I would also expect the NFLPA to have a complaint on their desk 30 seconds after they tried to suspend him though too.