Ezekiel Elliott could face lengthy ban, Jerry Jones talks with NFL investigator

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
sidenote: i imagine this will be item #1 on the docket for the next CBA negotiation

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
You are talking about a league that fined the Cowboys and Commanders for salary cap violations in an uncapped year, likely because Mara complained to his boy Goodell. A league that made a huge deal about how they take domestic abuse seriously and that they had a zero tolerance policy now on this stuff and then decide to ignore the mandatory suspension period and only give Josh Brown one game for mitigating circumstances. LOL. Yeah maybe because the investigator is a Giants season ticket holder and Goodell is in the pocket of Mara.

I wouldn't put anything past these guys. I would also expect the NFLPA to have a complaint on their desk 30 seconds after they tried to suspend him though too.

theyre corrupt for sure...but they still operate in their best interest.

suspending someone who did nothing at all would not be in their best interest with the fans.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This league is clueless. If they are going on a witch hunt, dragging the name of one of the NFL's top merchandise sellers through the mud, I really question the buisness acumen of Goodall' regime

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
even if Zeke gets suspended, he will appeal ( and should ) and still get to play

the appellate judge will laugh the NFL right out of court
Zeke and the NFLPA would take this all the way to the Supreme Court......it would take years before it was resolved and the League would look like fools

muck4doo

Least-Known Member
Reaction score
Mara got bad press over Josh Brown. This is his and Goodell's way to distract from the mess taking place in NYC. Screw them

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Mara said they did due diligence in the Brown case.

The Dallas radio had several segments over a few days on this. Essentially the Giants knew Brown had an issue. They reached out to the local sheriff where the domestic violence occurred. The sheriff stated he could not comment oin Brown. However, in a subsequent comment by him to an interviewer (not from the Giants) he stated if they had ask his opinion, he would have said to stay miles away from this guy.

It was even noted the NFL had ti make arrangements to get his wife out of the hotel room at the pro bowl because of trouble that started there.

Mara knew of the pro bowl incident and still gave the guy a 4 million dollar contract.

Mara has said this was all on him, but that was after the story was out. Thgew old better to ask forgiveness than permission theory

I normally try and stay away from the he said/she said of this league over the last few years. However, Mara has shown he will use his influence with the commissioner to penalize the Cowboys, and in regard to the uncapped year, do so without merit.

My opinion is the league needs to get out of the cancer business, and all political statements by the players, and in regard to the domestic violence issue, they need to allow the courts to handle up on this.

And after saying that, I think Kate Mara is a crappy actress.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score

Goodell: I'm your older brother Jerry , and I was stepped over.

Jerry: Roger, you're nothing to me now. Not a brother, not a friend. I don't want to know you, or what you do.

Straight godfather Gansta style

revospeed

Reaction score
Mara said they did due diligence in the Brown case.

The Dallas radio had several segments over a few days on this. Essentially the Giants knew Brown had an issue. They reached out to the local sheriff where the domestic violence occurred. The sheriff stated he could not comment oin Brown. However, in a subsequent comment by him to an interviewer (not from the Giants) he stated if they had ask his opinion, he would have said to stay miles away from this guy.

It was even noted the NFL had ti make arrangements to get his wife out of the hotel room at the pro bowl because of trouble that started there.

Mara knew of the pro bowl incident and still gave the guy a 4 million dollar contract.

Mara has said this was all on him, but that was after the story was out. Thgew old better to ask forgiveness than permission theory

I normally try and stay away from the he said/she said of this league over the last few years. However, Mara has shown he will use his influence with the commissioner to penalize the Cowboys, and in regard to the uncapped year, do so without merit.

My opinion is the league needs to get out of the cancer business, and all political statements by the players, and in regard to the domestic violence issue, they need to allow the courts to handle up on this.

And after saying that, I think Kate Mara is a crappy actress.

And Rooney Mara looks like my 13 year old nephew.

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
speaking of look-a-likes:

mVRB7nz.jpg

ag8sm1m.png

Lodeus

Reaction score
I thought this was over? Its not as bad as the smear campaign of Dez and the video but this needs to end before it gets worse.

StarHead69

Reaction score
So will the giants get a cap penalty, or lose a draft pick? I already know the answer of course. They are above the rules for some reason. They probably have pictures of Goodell and Strahan.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Multiple sources said that during the recent league meetings in Houston, Cowboys owner Jerry Jones raised the topic of the probe with Lisa Friel, a former New York prosecutor who spearheads the NFL's domestic violence investigations as a special counsel for the league. According to these sources, the interaction between Jones and Friel occurred with other league and team executives within earshot, and Friel did not respond to Jones during the interaction.

What does even mean? Not enough information to infer anything. However the way the article is written it implies it was a heated situation.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
If the NFL continues down this path of suspending guys because the PC justice warriors are going to protest if they don't, I as a season ticket holder will sell my seats and never watch another game again. I'll go watch more college and high school. I am sick and tired of this stuff taking away from the game.

Why have no Josh Browns or Greg Hardys sued the league? If I lost my job because of an accusation, and my employer grouped up with other employers in the same industry and conspired to keep me out of work, I would sue. And I would win.
They probably sign away those rights when they join the league.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Absolute worst case scenario, which I believe is highly unlikely, Morris is your starter and McFadden is backup for 6 games. Obviously it's a loss but not going to bury the rushing attack.