Ezekiel Elliott could face lengthy ban, Jerry Jones talks with NFL investigator

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
They weren't dating. She referred to herself as a sex slave.we all know what their relationship was, don't be naive. We must have different definitions of dating
We probably do. I believe dating to be anything more than just friends. Now how serious or committed they were is different to me.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
They weren't dating. She referred to herself as a sex slave.we all know what their relationship was, don't be naive. We must have different definitions of dating
She was staying with him in FLA in Feb, he was paying her rent in Ohio and he was still sleeping at her place the night the cops were called in July......all the fights were about other girls......she was more than a side piece

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
Jerry apparently confronted Lisa Friel, the NFL's lead investigator on domestic abuse in the hotel bar at the last owners meeting.

Jones wanted to talk to her about Elliott's case but she ignored him so he followed her and had a heated discussion. An NFL employee finally led Jones away from her.

For those who don't know Lisa Friel, not only is she the lead investigator for the NFL in these cases she is also a life-long Giants fan who has a shrine dedicated to the team in her house. This was learned from an article on her in the Greg Hardy case.

She is also the person who helped suspend Josh Brown for ONE GAME in his domestic abuse case before that case exploded.

The NFL has been letting Zeke hang in the wind for quite a while on this while there has been nothing to indicate Zeke did any of the things she has accused him of.

Here is the article--

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...in-ezekiel-elliott-case/ar-AAk8Pzk?li=BBnb7Kz

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
Stuff like this makes me so mad. Having 'Team Best Friends' running a league is a stupid and irresponsible thing to do.

I was so turned off from the NHL after a few situations where my Canucks were basically screwed over by whoever the NHL put in charge of certain situations (VP Colin Campbell's son was playing in the final for Boston vs us in 2011, and to avoid any sort of favoritism, he put his best friend in charge instead....like really? And a few decisions & suspensions shifted the series in favor of Boston after Vancouver initially lead 2-0)

drawandstrike

Reaction score
Just made this comment in the latest post at PFT that went up today in which the NFL 'reminds' everybody that hey, our investigation of Ezekiel Elliott is still ongoing!

We just saw in the UVA fake rape case a replay of the same crap we saw in the Duke rape case. Nobody in the media learned anything.

There is a real movement underway on American campuses to 'try' accused domestic/sexual abusers in kangaroo courts staffed by domestic/sexual abuse activists. No cops, no law enforcement, no courts involved. And many times, no real evidence either. It's all based on conflicting testimony.

Surprisingly absolutely no one at all, these campus tribunals tend to be extremely one sided in how they handle the cases that come before them.

In the UVA rape hoax, an entire fraternity was singled out for suspension and possible dissolution for a rape that never occurred at a party that never occurred inside the fraternity's dorm house.

Yet it took MONTHS for basic facts to come out to expose the hoax since Rolling Stone got the ball rolling with a piece of yellow journalism for which they have now been successfully sued for fabrication and defamation.

The same attitude that permeates many American college campuses has now entered the NFL. The NFL wants it's own tribunal to extra-judiciously 'handle' allegations of domestic/sexual abuse.

This is exactly the wrong kind of road to be going down.

The league embarrassed itself with it's handling of Ray Rice, and so Ezekiel Elliott has to pay some kind of price as the NFL overreacts in the opposite direction.

If you haven't seen ESPN's 30 For 30 documentary on the Duke Lacrosse Rape Hoax case yet, I strongly encourage you to view it.

Far too many people still at this late stage have not learned the lessons from that tragic case.