Ezekiel Elliott could face lengthy ban, Jerry Jones talks with NFL investigator

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Roger Goodell and his goons are the most asinine POS tyrants ever to disgrace the commissioner's office.

They take the overzealous pursuit of damning their own players to heights never before seen nor heard of.

At some point in their phony investigations, they'll be obliged to admit that Elliott is guilt free of all charges.

Last edited:

robbieruff

Reaction score
Ezekiel Elliott is having a historic rookie season for the Cowboys and has been one of the game's most productive running backs, but he could face a lengthy suspension if the NFL's current investigation finds he have violated the league's domestic abuse policy, according to sources with knowledge of the situation.

Authorities in Columbus, Ohio declined to press charges against Elliott following an incident there this summer, in which a complaint was filed against Elliott claiming five instances of domestic abuse, and the NFL's probe into the situation continues.

Multiple sources said that during the recent league meetings in Houston, Cowboys owner Jerry Jones raised the topic of the probe with Lisa Friel, a former New York prosecutor who spearheads the NFL's domestic violence investigations as a special counsel for the league. According to these sources, the interaction between Jones and Friel occurred with other league and team executives within earshot, and Friel did not respond to Jones during the interaction.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/e...-ban-jerry-jones-talks-with-nfl-investigator/
While this story is pure speculative BS and likely the league is doing window dressing for PR purposes, this situation must be influencing in part why we haven't been quick to move on from Dmac - either by trade or other.

That said - the league is an embarrassment to itself around these situations. And the inconsistencies in their approach from incident to incident rouses major suspicion.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
No charges were filed, how could the NFL take action?

Seems like one of BS narratives to get page views

drawandstrike

Reaction score
"Well there was an investigation, but nothing was proven, no charges were ever filed, but we're going to suspend this guy anyway just in case he might have done something."

If the NFL does that, it's over.

reddyuta

Reaction score
Sure they can . The Personal Conduct Policy doesn't require guilt of an offense.
in this case the Girl was caught lying on her Texts!!. Even if the NFL suspends him thee is no way the independent arbitrator will let it go.

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
Maybe this Jason La Canfora reporter is a Philly fan as is trying to stir up things so Dallas loses focus tonight and doesnt play as well ?????

What you should be concerned with is that Lisa Friel, the investigator has a shrine in her house dedicated to the New York Giants. I am not making this up, she is a life long Giants fans and actually has a shrine to the team.

This all came out about her in the Hardy investigation.

So the question begs - where was she during the Josh Brown investigation.

Jerryrage

Reaction score
I would sue the league for a billion dollars. That might make them rethink the current witch hunt.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
If the NFL continues down this path of suspending guys because the PC justice warriors are going to protest if they don't, I as a season ticket holder will sell my seats and never watch another game again. I'll go watch more college and high school. I am sick and tired of this stuff taking away from the game.

Why have no Josh Browns or Greg Hardys sued the league? If I lost my job because of an accusation, and my employer grouped up with other employers in the same industry and conspired to keep me out of work, I would sue. And I would win.

Dude what

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
in this case the Girl was caught lying on her Texts!!. Even if the NFL suspends him thee is no way the independent arbitrator will let it go.
There is no "independent arbitrator". Goodall can chose to be the appeals officer, himself (remember Tom Brady?) or he can assign it to one of his assistants. There is no recourse to Goodell's ruling, per the CBA.

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score
There is no "independent arbitrator". Goodall can chose to be the appeals officer, himself (remember Tom Brady?) or he can assign it to one of his assistants. There is no recourse to Goodell's ruling, per the CBA.
Heil, Goodell!

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
If the NFL continues down this path of suspending guys because the PC justice warriors are going to protest if they don't, I as a season ticket holder will sell my seats and never watch another game again. I'll go watch more college and high school. I am sick and tired of this stuff taking away from the game.

Why have no Josh Browns or Greg Hardys sued the league? If I lost my job because of an accusation, and my employer grouped up with other employers in the same industry and conspired to keep me out of work, I would sue. And I would win.

Greg Hardy isn't worth the hassle for a coach or the heat for the front office because he didn't play well last season. The most memorable thing he did was shove a coach. If he had 19 sacks he'd have a job. As for Josh Brown, he's a kicker. Every team could have half a dozen at their facility tomorrow for try outs. He's nothing special.

Assuming collusion and proving it in court are two different things.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
It is taken to Federal Court......that is what Brady did.....Elliott and the NFLPA would take it all teh way to the Supreme Court if they tried to suspend for this bull crap