Ezekiel Elliott could face lengthy ban, Jerry Jones talks with NFL investigator

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
It is taken to Federal Court......that is what Brady did.....Elliott and the NFLPA would take it all teh way to the Supreme Court if they tried to suspend for this bull crap
We all saw what happened when Brady went the court route, too...Goodell's original ruling held, as it would if he were to suspend Zeke. As for the Supreme Court, the Court has the option to hear or deny cases, and I think it's the wildest of long shots to think they would hear an appeal on this matter. Goodell has the power because it was collectively bargained and the courts, especially the SCOTUS, will not overturn collectively bargained agreements. I just wonder how hard (if at all) the NFLPA will fight to take away Goodell's power on such matters in the next CBA?

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
We all saw what happened when Brady went the court route, too...Goodell's original ruling held, as it would if he were to suspend Zeke. As for the Supreme Court, the Court has the option to hear or deny cases, and I think it's the wildest of long shots to think they would hear an appeal on this matter. Goodell has the power because it was collectively bargained and the courts, especially the SCOTUS, will not overturn collectively bargained agreements. I just wonder how hard (if at all) the NFLPA will fight to take away Goodell's power on such matters in the next CBA?
they still have to follow "the rule of the shop" and Ray Rice won big and so did Hardy.....the one game suspension to Brown is also HUUUUGGEE.......Zeke would have an easy case for a half way decent lawyer.........Brady lost because he was guilty and he destroyed evidence

LandryFan

Reaction score
they still have to follow "the rule of the shop" and Ray Rice won big and so did Hardy.....the one game suspension to Brown is also HUUUUGGEE.......Zeke would have an easy case for a half way decent lawyer.........Brady lost because he was guilty and he destroyed evidence
You're certainly entitled to your opinion, but it had nothing to do with guilt or innocence at that point. Brady lost because the higher court refused to interfere with the league's collectively bargained right to hear player appeals for discipline handed out by that same league. Doesn't seem fair or just to most of us, but that's current life in the NFL. As for the reduction of Hardy's suspension, it was done by Harold Henderson who works for the commissioner, not the court system. Rice's case was completely different. He won his appeal because Goodell suspended him for two games initially, then later increased it to an indefinite suspension. In that case, the arbitrator ruled that Goodell overstepped his bounds.
If the Commissioner decides to suspend Zeke, Zeke can certainly choose to fight it, but he won't win. I'm no lawyer or legal expert in any sense, but from everything I've read on the subject, that's the way it is. Again, you're certainly entitled to your opinion.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
You're certainly entitled to your opinion, but it had nothing to do with guilt or innocence at that point. Brady lost because the higher court refused to interfere with the league's collectively bargained right to hear player appeals for discipline handed out by that same league. Doesn't seem fair or just to most of us, but that's current life in the NFL. As for the reduction of Hardy's suspension, it was done by Harold Henderson who works for the commissioner, not the court system. Rice's case was completely different. He won his appeal because Goodell suspended him for two games initially, then later increased it to an indefinite suspension. In that case, the arbitrator ruled that Goodell overstepped his bounds.
If the Commissioner decides to suspend Zeke, Zeke can certainly choose to fight it, but he won't win. I'm no lawyer or legal expert in any sense, but from everything I've read on the subject, that's the way it is. Again, you're certainly entitled to your opinion.
You are wrong on this and the cases you cited but you are entitled to be wrong

The precedence for cases with no charges or arrest is 0 games......Brown got 1 game for multiple incidents but no charges...Elliott has one accusation and no corroborating evidence......in fact all the real evidence is exculpatory

Goodell doesn't have carte blanche even with a CBA...he has to follow the law of the shop and Federal judges like Doty have slapped him done harshly when he strayed from precedence

Last edited:

LandryFan

Reaction score
You are wrong on this and the cases you cited but you are entitled to be wrong

The precedence for cases with no charges or arrest is 0 games......Brown got 1 game for multiple incidents but no charges...Elliott has one accusation and no corroborating evidence......in fact all the real evidence is exculpatory

Goodell doesn't have carte blanche even with a CBA...he has to follow the law of the shop and Federal judges like Doty have slapped him done harshly when he strayed from precedence
Ok, guess I'm wrong.

Sydla

Reaction score
They cut Josh Huff today over his arrest earlier this week where he had a gun, hollow point bullets and pot in NJ. A caller brought up Elliott and his domestic violence charge. It's not the first time this week he's been brought up and it's been assumed he did something wrong.

This is solely the fault of the NFL for not only continuing this sham of an investigation but also for allowing the fact they are still investigating him to get released to the press.

What a disgrace. I hope Jerry goes nuclear on the league office if this thing continues on. It's almost like they can't find anything and are just hoping the longer it goes maybe they'll get lucky and find any small thing they can hang Elliott with.

Proximo

Reaction score
It's ashame that EE's name and reputation are being dragged through the mud on this.

I've had casual fans bring it up to me and they assume he's guilty.

Lame stuff, to put it lightly.

JDSmith

Reaction score
They cut Josh Huff today over his arrest earlier this week where he had a gun, hollow point bullets and pot in NJ. A caller brought up Elliott and his domestic violence charge. It's not the first time this week he's been brought up and it's been assumed he did something wrong.

This is solely the fault of the NFL for not only continuing this sham of an investigation but also for allowing the fact they are still investigating him to get released to the press.

What a disgrace. I hope Jerry goes nuclear on the league office if this thing continues on. It's almost like they can't find anything and are just hoping the longer it goes maybe they'll get lucky and find any small thing they can hang Elliott with.

And that's why they are doing it. Anybody bringing up the Josh Brown debacle now? Seems like people are talking about Zeke and how he's being investigated, not the shoddy and seemingly inept investigation of Brown. If not for the Zeke 'investigation' people might start asking uncomfortable questions about how Brown was handled by the rabid Giants fan/investigator. They might want to know why the league felt they needed to move his (ex)wife to a new hotel that was unknown to him during the Pro Bowl - that might almost sound like they were hiding her from an abusive spouse. But nobody cares because... LOOK, ZEKE!!

gmoney112

Reaction score
I brought that same issue up with my buddy who, I'll just say, does stuff with players. One league, in particular, hates him. He mocks them on Facebook afterwards, pretty funny.

Still waiting on a response, but it was basically the same thing as far as recourse for possible defamation, etc. More to it, about future CBA stuff, player union leverage with NFL bleeding viewership and that atrocious directtv real through 2022 and officiating being a major problem.

But Zeke and other instances like that was my main question, I can relay what he says when he responds

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
I'd def scale back my NFL viewing if that happens. I'd only watch Dallas games. League is turning into a clown show

Sydla

Reaction score
PFT reporting that the USA Today is reporting that there was another reported incident in Feb of 2016. Same girl says she was shoved into a wall by Elliott. No charges filed and she did not seek treatment.

I am getting a bad feeling on this.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
I think we're looking at a possible situation in the 2017 season. It seems he and this young lady had a pretty volatile relationship, so we'll see. The longer this thing drags on, it doesn't bode well for Zeke and the Cowboys.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
This is completely inappropriate for the NFL to be including any incident that resulted in no evidence and no charges filed. Police are called all the time, which doesn't prove guilt or innocence, all they do is collect facts. The facts at this point all point to the "victim" not being credible. Statistics show that 95% of the time, the victim is not making things up, but there has been nothing that shows Zeke is guilty of anything other than bad judgment at this point.

drawandstrike

Reaction score
This is why the NFL dying.

No evidence whatsoever any actual assault occurred in any of these incidents, but hey, go ahead and suspend the guy anyway, just an accusation should be enough. Too bad it’s only 6 games, the guy should never play another down in the NFL again! In fact, why aren't we burning him at the stake? He's obviously also a witch.

Newsflash: Rolling Stone just lost a case where 1 of it’s ‘journalists’ based a long expose on some crazy woman who claimed she was gang raped at a fraternity party that never happened.

So no, mere accusations aren’t enough. The NFL had better watch out here because if they keep going down this path, some player is going to sue them in court for punishing them on the basis of a mere accusation that turns out to be a hoax.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
This is completely inappropriate for the NFL to be including any incident that resulted in no evidence and no charges filed. Police are called all the time, which doesn't prove guilt or innocence, all they do is collect facts. The facts at this point all point to the "victim" not being credible. Statistics show that 95% of the time, the victim is not making things up, but there has been nothing that shows Zeke is guilty of anything other than bad judgment at this point.
Elliott wasn't exactly honest when he said they weren't dating.......she was staying with him in FL while he was training for the draft....that is more than 'friends with bennies'......I still think she is lying but so was Nicole Holder

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2016/11/04/ezekiel-elliott-florida-police-report/93308292/

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
Elliott wasn't exactly honest when he said they weren't dating.......she was staying with him in FL while he was training for the draft....that is more than 'friends with bennies'......I still think she is lying but so was Nicole Holder
IIRC there was a timestamp on the "dating" thing, meaning not dating at the time he was asked.

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
IIRC there was a timestamp on the "dating" thing, meaning not dating at the time he was asked.
They weren't dating. She referred to herself as a sex slave.we all know what their relationship was, don't be naive. We must have different definitions of dating